Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

Wait, @ninjahood is Pro-Trump ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you saw all the ridiculous posts he's made since he returned from getting da jesus piece off of layaway

it'd make your head spin *trump voice*

Confederate flag is not offensive because Big Boss Man of WWF fame and da Duke boys from Dukes of Hazard were cool.

Transatlantic Slave Trade was a cakewalk

White supremacy isn't real and was just made up by dems so minorities vote for them "Da identity politics"

Recently he denied that he had any African ancestors

a lot of people and especially black historians are really coming out and calling this movie trash and historically false.

Last edited:
Sammy Sosa was only dark skin while playing during the blazing summer days. He reverted back to his proper light skin during da off season

a lot of people and especially black historians are really coming out and calling this movie trash and historically false.

which movie has ever been historically accurate though ? people want to pick and choose where ever it suits them. this movie is at least shinning light on topics which most people feel uncomfortable to talk about in public.

Last edited:
It's not a "trash" movie, imo but it's certainly far from great. It's good. Nothing epic about it.

As for accuracy. It's a film, not a documentary. Nate has to take liberties to create a cohesive story.

That's nothing new when it comes to movie about a person's life.

You are right Zik
Sorry if I offended you. I had no idea she didn't grow up here. Sorry

Hope you enjoyed the movie

All love b

raw

Saw it last night. Honestly it was your typical slave movie up until the end, obviously. I liked that they gave Nat a platform because a lot of people don't know his story but the movie should have been way more hard hitting. Honestly, I wanted to leave the theater feeling how I felt after 12 Years A Slave but it just didn't hit me like that.

Saw it Thursday and I feel the same way as a lot of the other posters. When comparing this to 12 years a slave it just doesn't stack up.

So much of this movie is built up on viewing the horrific conditions of slavery, that isn't what I was looking for with this story. While I reckognize it's importance, I feel like the uprising was rushed....

Props to Nate for getting the movie out but I wish the budget was bigger and better.

For those that have watched it, what's the youngest age you'd take someone to see it?

I think some of you are missing the point. We all know that he lead a revolution and that was only the last part of the film. I feel the focus was seeing him as a man of God and his struggles with it once he realized the power of his position and where he got his revolutionary mindset from.

Last edited:
10 years for boys. Maybe 13 for girls.

My little bro just turned 12 today... We're hanging out, and I SO want to take him to watch it

He lives in a little town in Oklahoma that's 95% white.

We're going to greenwood street in Tulsa, right now... Then I'm thinking about going see the movie...

Just don't know if he's ready

I mean this with all due respect, but what is yours and/or little bro's ethnicity? I only ask because if he's black, he's going to have an entire lifetime to deal with the racism and bs that's out there especially in such a homogeneous area. Maybe let him just be a kid as long as possible without so much heavy content.

If he's white, maybe it's not a bad idea to help him learn a sense of empathy towards other races in this country but it might still be a little soon. 12 is such an impressionable age. I'd recommend seeing it yourself first if you haven't already and then deciding from there.

I mean this with all due respect, but what is yours and/or little bro's ethnicity? I only ask because if he's black, he's going to have an entire lifetime to deal with the racism and bs that's out there especially in such a homogeneous area. Maybe let him just be a kid as long as possible without so much heavy content.

If he's white, maybe it's not a bad idea to help him learn a sense of empathy towards other races in this country but it might still be a little soon. 12 is such an impressionable age. I'd recommend seeing it yourself first if you haven't already and then deciding from there.

a096c8f83d0bbd6eb0e1b64f40a3714d.jpg

Well I can't be mad at historians being mad but there isn't a historically event based movie that is 100% accurate.

12 Years A Slave isn't 100% accurate.

The rest is opinion.

I'll wait to judge myself.

Well I can't be mad at historians being mad but there isn't a historically event based movie that is 100% accurate.

The rest is opinion.

yeah but from what i've read it's not just a little bit.   it's not even close. 

it's just very dissappointing to hear that from so many people

Last edited:

The rest is opinion.

it's difficult to say any film about Nat is historically inaccurate because we don't really have anything to base it off of.

'67 Confessions is fiction, the author of the OG 1831 document claimed that at the trial, Turner himself said that the document was accurate, which is a straight up lie. We have no idea what Turner thought about it.

In 1900 a Southampton historian published what was supposed to be a detailed history of it, but the document was full of the white supremacist BS that was popular during that time, talking about Nate was treated well and other nonsense. We can't really rely on that either.

Last edited:

The rest is opinion.

I get that. I'll have to see if they already got revolvers, the cotton gin, a completed cross country railroad, and if somebody comes through talking about the slaves in Oregon.

spoiler alert :rolleyes

not srs
:rofl:

Wait, yall know this is a movie about a slave that leads a slave revolt and kills a bunch of white ppl, right?

How yall thought it would end? :lol: With a 2nd American revolution, all slaves revolting and establishing a new black nation?

EDIT

Just caught the other part, you got me :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom