Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

So is this movie appropriate for a first date :lol:? Or is it too gruesome? The girl is black and socially conscious for the record, and I've already explained to her the Nat Turner story and how ****** up it is, but I just don't want the vibe of the movie ******* with the vibe of the outing

Last edited:
I haven't even seen it yet and I can tell you no brah :lol:

It's Friday go get drunk mayng

So is this movie appropriate for a first date :lol:? Or is it too gruesome? The girl is black and socially conscious for the record, and I've already explained to her the Nat Turner story and how ****** up it is, but I just don't want the vibe of the movie ******* with the vibe of the outing
She is socially conscious but you HAD to explain to her the Nat Turner story?

the_birth_of_a_nation_poster_key_art.jpg

I need this poster..

Last edited:
Do not go on a first date to watch this, man.

Noted lol. I only threw it out there but she seemed pretty down so I was considering doing it.

Yeah I suppose since she's lived in this country for only 3 years certain specific instances in American history just fell through the cracks :rolleyes

Being socially conscious and historically informed (even about your own ppl) is not interchangeable.

There's plenty historical events and ppl that not every person will know about (depending on age).

Yeah. And like I said she's lived in the Caribbean for 21 years. :lol: She knew the name Nat Turner but not the specifics.

Son's post still making me :rolleyes. Not everything about the black experience exists within the context of American history, b.

Lawrd, my cousin went into a rant after recommending the movie. She's a victim of rape; back in college. She feels that Nate has some nerves putting a rape type scene in the movie. Not seeing he movie, she thinks the movie somehow convened that rape part of the movie rewrote Nat's history and reasoning of the revolt.

When women get into that mode of emotions including being victimized,irrational thinking overshadow the whole purpose of us conversing.

I just ended the convo. :lol:

I didn't know Nate was getting heat from his rape case in his past. Didn't he admit to it or something?

Last edited:
I mean your cousin was a victim though I could see why she would be upset.

I've spoken to a few women I know who also are victims and they can't wait to see the movie, people have their own opinions. Peorsnally I am believing most women who unfortunately have been through that are generally excited and ready to watch the movie.

I mean your cousin was a victim though I could see why she would be upset.

I've spoken to a few women I know who also are victims and they can't wait to see the movie, people have their own opinions. Peorsnally I am believing most women who unfortunately have been through that are generally excited and ready to watch the movie.

Yeah but she was getting mad at me for going and bringing up the movie. Talking about some, I'm supporting that rapist. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't understand, he's been found not guilty and maintains his innocence, and those are the only facts we know. Is that not the American dream? if you're innocent to be proven as such in a court of law, especially in a country that has a history of being unfair in this regard towards black men. How is it that he's still seen as guilty no matter what? makes the imagery of him with the American flag as a noose around his neck so appropriate. Like TI said, they keep moving the goalposts. Innocent, hands up, passive it doesn't matter.

court of public opinion ≠ court of united states.

saw da flick, it was iight....i wish they would've shot it with a better camera and/or film.

How do you know that's not the look they were goin for when they shot the movie? You wanted 4K?

I don't understand, he's been found not guilty and maintains his innocence, and those are the only facts we know. Is that not the American dream? if you're innocent to be proven as such in a court of law, especially in a country that has a history of being unfair in this regard towards black men. How is it that he's still seen as guilty no matter what? makes the imagery of him with the American flag as a noose around his neck so appropriate. Like TI said, they keep moving the goalposts. Innocent, hands up, passive it doesn't matter.

That's the devil for you though. They find a way.

What I love though is the so called outrage. Perception is a mutha ****** nowadays. People talk online and write articles, but does that actually translate opening weekend. Reviews have been stellar. They wanted to kill him and the movie and that didn't happen.

Even Ninja punk *** saw it that's something :lol:

I enjoy the movie, I was just expected more but idk the nat turner story so guess can't judge on that.

Being socially conscious and historically informed (even about your own ppl) is not interchangeable.

There's plenty historical events and ppl that not every person will know about (depending on age).
You are right Zik

Yeah. And like I said she's lived in the Caribbean for 21 years. :lol: She knew the name Nat Turner but not the specifics.

Son's post still making me :rolleyes. Not everything about the black experience exists within the context of American history, b.
Sorry if I offended you. I had no idea she didn't grow up here. Sorry

Hope you enjoyed the movie

Last edited:
**** is crazy. People will act outraged over Nate being found not guilty (by white folks by the way) but we will not speak on the actual PROVEN raping that went on during the period of this movie and all through slavery. They don't wanna talk about something that's real, let's talk about something that has no prof or evidence.

court of public opinion ≠ court of united states.

saw da flick, it was iight....i wish they would've shot it with a better camera and/or film.

a movie about da DR revolt would have been better right? hell, if they would have shot it with da sidekick, it would have been way better.

Unnecessary

Corny

Not funny

Doesn't even fit into the discussion

Somebody hit this guy with the loser game show host sound.

I'm just pointing out how ninja says this movie is meh. this is a very enlightening story. for him, to even say that the movie is nothing special is indicative of his views. after all, you can't expect much from a minority who is pro trump.

either way, carry on.

Back
Top Bottom