Black guy hair cuts

THinkin bout free forming any tips or resources?
I've done some research but I value some of y'all's opinions.
i started mine by towel rubbing after shower and was surprised they formed even knots.......pretty much just rubbed hair in circular motion on you'll see a pattern....at this point you can leave it.....the first 3 months were brutal and the hair went through some phases (looking crazy) but as long as i rubbed daily they stayed in their own lanes and didnt combine 

how do you keep from getting waves? My hair is too curly or my pattern is just too strong but I just chopped off the curls and not really feeling the waves anymore

has anybody ever used elegance gel?

how do you keep from getting waves? My hair is too curly or my pattern is just too strong but I just chopped off the curls and not really feeling the waves anymore

Brush your hair against the grain lol. Do you wear a Durag at night? If so, stop wearing it

Not fully giving up but definitely losijg the battle with mpb. Next time I get cut I am just going yo get the super low Kobe special and transition myself to the baldy

I'm thinking of getting the bevel system now that it's 75 bucks on target for the kit.

My question is I use a straight razor to sharpen my line up, can I use any straight razor with the kit or should I stick to the razor they provide?

When you get your haircut have your barber cut against the grain and stop wearing your du rag at night. When you get out of the shower, wait until your hair is dry before brushing it

When you get your haircut have your barber cut against the grain and stop wearing your du rag at night. When you get out of the shower, wait until your hair is dry before brushing it
I do all of that except wait until my hair dries, ill give it a shot. I actually barely brush and have been combing as well but they still pop out

How do you guys wash your hair? I heard its bad to shampoo and condition it everyday. Is it good to wash your hair with the co wash product from shea moisture
everyday for 5-6 days then shampoo on the 7th day with the Shea moisture shampoo
and not to wash and do anything to it in the night? Because when I wake up I have bad bed hair and my hair would look really crazy and the only way to get it back to looking curly is by washing it.

And how do y'all moisturize your hair? I bought that shea moisture smoothie cream
and the instructions said not to wash it out your hair but when I try to rub it in it won't work.

Last edited:
How do y'all dry your without it looking crazy? When I put a towel to my head it starts to look craz.

If you live in the USA there is no reason for you not to have a great barber,man.. These dudes on IG are amazing. Check out @barbershopconnect on IG and find one of the gods in your area. I'm jealous.

If you live in the USA there is no reason for you not to have a great barber,man.. These dudes on IG are amazing. Check out @barbershopconnect on IG and find one of the gods in your area. I'm jealous.

Man you ain't been to my city :lol:

When I see some of the barbers on Instagram I get a lonely feeling inside

How do you guys wash your hair? I heard its bad to shampoo and condition it everyday. Is it good to wash your hair with the co wash product from shea moisture
everyday for 5-6 days then shampoo on the 7th day with the Shea moisture shampoo
and not to wash and do anything to it in the night? Because when I wake up I have bad bed hair and my hair would look really crazy and the only way to get it back to looking curly is by washing it.

And how do y'all moisturize your hair? I bought that shea moisture smoothie cream
and the instructions said not to wash it out your hair but when I try to rub it in it won't work.

Back
Top Bottom