Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Why can't it just be "I won't pass"? Why does everyone have to have low standards for what they want from these and a lack of self control? :lol:

**** that "no one is going to pass" ****. I can't speak for anyone else, but if it isn't Durabuck I'll gladly keep my money in my account.
you and I are in the minority about having durabuck or it's a no go. I'm tired of jb and their half *** attempts of making this retro just decent enough to be content with owning them. The suede on the 2010 infrared pack version just made me shake my head in disbelief. Seriously, if you can make the 2012 playoff vii's aka "raptors" and 2013 playoff viii's with durabuck like the originals, you have no excuses jb. And with the holiday price increase, I expect them to be durabuck. If not, f you jb!

you and I are in the minority about having durabuck or it's a no go. I'm tired of jb and their half *** attempts of making this retro just decent enough to be content with owning them. The suede on the 2010 infrared pack version just made me shake my head in disbelief. Seriously, if you can make the 2012 playoff vii's aka "raptors" and 2013 playoff viii's with durabuck like the originals, you have no excuses jb. And with the holiday price increase, I expect them to be durabuck. If not, f you jb!

Man, I agree with every last word. :pimp:

At some point I feel like people should sit down and really think about this. How long can you really be okay with paying more yearly without JB even having the courtesy to meet us half way? Enough of all that; no amount of love for a model or colorway will make me buy a shoddy retro anymore. I won't die from not having them.

Eh, it's not changing any time soon. There's been some I've passed on because I just couldn't get with the materials, build, whatever. But, there's always 10 more people waiting to pick up that 1 passed on. Some cats that never even saw an OG, some that don't care or find it good enough, some that just buy into the hype. People paying 2, 3x + retail for a shoe that's not worth retail just goes to show you how much demand there is. With social media blowing em up and showcasing celebs wearing em, retros don't even require formal advertisement. Some folks don't even know who MJ is, they just saw their idol rockin em and they're good enough for them. As long as they can pump out a mediocre retro to the masses they're not going to improve quality.

Kind of off topic but Finishline is having a restock and Complex just posted it out. Now, I kind of hate when this information is released and released so far ahead. I wish some of these restocks would be completely unannounced and kept secret until it happened. 

It's frustrating when you really want a pair on that restock and you know you can't get it because all of these shoe sites are promoting it heavily. I felt salty when I was starting on NT and came up on some info that a Villa opening nearby would have a huge restock with the Toro 4's, Fear Pack 4's, Bred 1's, Taxi 12's, Gamma Blue 11's and 12's, etc. So as I was looking forward to this lowkey restock/grand opening word got around on every thread on NT and soon after all the shoe site's. Man, I was really salty and probably reacted childish but ever since I learned my lesson to try and cop if you really want to knowing it'll be tough but always look forward to the next shoe that interests you. Ever since that Villa issue there's been a few more grand openings but I just skip them and hope I can get something online on a restock or get a shoe I really want as a consolation prize.

They're gonna look just like this, but just be the 6 silhouette.

bgbpyx.jpg
This pic is filtered. In person the infrared looks exactly like the white Infrareds

Kind of off topic but Finishline is having a restock and Complex just posted it out. Now, I kind of hate when this information is released and released so far ahead. I wish some of these restocks would be completely unannounced and kept secret until it happened. 

Keeping RDs secret will Never happen again.
Not in the instant information age.
All it takes is for one person to know, and it's viral.
:nerd:

Man, I agree with every last word. :pimp:

At some point I feel like people should sit down and really think about this. How long can you really be okay with paying more yearly without JB even having the courtesy to meet us half way? Enough of all that; no amount of love for a model or colorway will make me buy a shoddy retro anymore. I won't die from not having them.

if you been buying sneakers for awhile is natural to feel this way, but honestly it's not that big of a deal, buy em or don't buy em. it's getting to the point where I have most shoes I want by the time they retro them again. If the retros looked better I would buy more Jordan's a year. I try to buy older retros off of eBay as opposed to new pairs when I can. but when JB raises prices they're not thinking about you and me, they're thinking about those kids that will pay whatever to have the latest J's and those thirsty dudes that buy any and everything. if your bitter maybe you should stop buying Jordan's all together

It's frustrating when you really want a pair on that restock and you know you can't get it because all of these shoe sites are promoting it heavily. I felt salty when I was starting on NT and came up on some info that a Villa opening nearby would have a huge restock with the Toro 4's, Fear Pack 4's, Bred 1's, Taxi 12's, Gamma Blue 11's and 12's, etc. So as I was looking forward to this lowkey restock/grand opening word got around on every thread on NT and soon after all the shoe site's. Man, I was really salty and probably reacted childish but ever since I learned my lesson to try and cop if you really want to knowing it'll be tough but always look forward to the next shoe that interests you. Ever since that Villa issue there's been a few more grand openings but I just skip them and hope I can get something online on a restock or get a shoe I really want as a consolation prize.

online is dead, restocks are dead. if you want a shoe you better go hard on release day, it's only gonna get harder afterwords

Last edited:
This pic is filtered. In person the infrared looks exactly like the white Infrareds

I'm not sure if someone explained this already in this thread, and even though I do agree that Infrared looks bright regardless if its a black based shoe or white based shoe, the Black/Infrared VI will still look better just because of the difference in colors. It will still be the same shade of Infrared which seems to be the closest it'll ever be to the original Infrared, but it won't look the same because of how the difference in the base color of a shoe paired a contrast color fools our eye. Someone in the Jordan threads spoke in depth about this and passed on some real knowledge in regards to the situation, I wish I could remember his name because he could really shed a lot of light on the subject.

online is dead, restocks are dead. if you want a shoe you better go hard on release day, it's only gonna get harder afterwords
That's what I'm saying, I've given up on restocks. If I really want a shoe I'll try my hardest to get a shoe on release day and if I strike out it's on to the next one unless I really do love the shoe and willing to pay a limited amount of money on resale, but that's rarely the case since resale is so overpriced and the market is flooded with upcoming shoe's I just look forward to the next one. But yeah, I'm not holding my breath on a restock especially me being a size 13 and restocks rarely being FSR's and even if they are it's in very limited quantities.

if you been buying sneakers for awhile is natural to feel this way, but honestly it's not that big of a deal, buy em or don't buy em. it's getting to the point where I have most shoes I want by the time they retro them again. If the retros looked better I would buy more Jordan's a year. I try to buy older retros off of eBay as opposed to new pairs when I can. but when JB raises prices they're not thinking about you and me, they're thinking about those kids that will pay whatever to have the latest J's and those thirsty dudes that buy any and everything. if your bitter maybe you should stop buying Jordan's all together

I definitely wasn't trying to make a big deal out of anything, because I agree that it's as simple as copping or not. I was just saying that the "no one will pass" talk was overblown. I'm all about just saying **** it and buying older pairs, so passing on new releases isn't something I have even ever thought twice about.

I genuinely love the art of sneaker design, and few lines can **** with Jordan Brand's I-XX8 in my opinion, so I don't know if I could ever outright quit buying Jordans since I really don't invest any time or effort into doing so now anyway, and rarely pick up new pairs as it is. Quitting wouldn't be much of a change :lol:

I'm high, so I'm probably just rambling honestly, but to make my point if it isn't clear; I'm not bitter at all about where things are at. Business is business; it's strictly financial. All I'm saying is that if the materials aren't on point, I'm out. No way in hell that I'm about to go from 2000's to suede.

Last edited:
I definitely wasn't trying to make a big deal out of anything, because I agree that it's as simple as copping or not. I was just saying that the "no one will pass" talk was overblown. I'm all about just saying **** it and buying older pairs, so passing on new releases isn't something I have even ever thought twice about.

I genuinely love the art of sneaker design, and few lines can **** with Jordan Brand's I-XX8 in my opinion, so I don't know if I could ever outright quit buying Jordans since I really don't invest any time or effort into doing so now anyway, and rarely pick up new pairs as it is. Quitting wouldn't be much of a change
laugh.gif

I'm high, so I'm probably just rambling honestly, but to make my point if it isn't clear; I'm not bitter at all about where things are at. Business is business; it's strictly financial. All I'm saying is that if the materials aren't on point, I'm out. No way in hell that I'm about to go from 2000's to suede.
i think for most of us in our late 20's or early 30's or even mid 30's. we all want to Nike to produce products that reminds us our childhood with quality leather and quality material.
Often I LOL at the fact that kids today are comparing suede to nubuck to durabuck when they have never seen suede with real quality. I even LOL at the fact that Nike makes durabuck which is just another way of using crappy leather, turn them into nubuck and spray them with coating instead of the good ol'days when they actually use premium leather. I remember seeing this one ebay listing of a pair of black/red Vii and one of the side panel is completely destroyed because the guy had a scuff on it and he started picking at it with his nail and made the whole top layer peeling off. These were what? durabuck? it was a joke how crappy that material is.

IMHO when people are saying they wouldn't buy certain release just because Nike are getting cheap on material are just lying to themselves. We all want quality leather and material that remind us the old days, but with the ever changing global market it will never be like the old days. We end up buying stuff that reminds us the old days even when they are made cheaper.

the ONE consolation with today's shoe is that they are better formed around your feet and may be lighter than the originals for some what better performance.

Last edited:
Durabuck is the reason I don't have metallic 5s [emoji]128532[/emoji] it really is a deal breaker because JB suede is always a no go

Durabuck is the reason I don't have metallic 5s [emoji]128532[/emoji] it really is a deal breaker because JB suede is always a no go

Man, THIS! As far as Jordan Brand goes, even the suede is trash 8 out of 10 times. Durabuck is the best cheap material ever. Just ******* abuse it already JB :smh:

Same here, it's one of my fav models too. I could live with the shape they've become or the "23" on the side.. But the material just looked wack in hand.

wore my Infrareds to the gym today and realized I don't wear them nearly enough these are my favorite Jordan's I think

I'm trying to grab every shoe I loved and couldn't afford growing up as a kid and then some with some of the dope Retro+ colorways, so I guess we're in a similar position.
I forgot save a buck, which is what Nike is currently seem to be using.
But seriously, the black infrared and the shoes I wore for my senior pic, the Bordeaux VII, I'm done buying jays.
View media item 911811

Durabuck, nubuck, roebuck, i dont care. I'm just trying to grab every shoe i had as a kid, and this is one of them .

I'm trying to grab every shoe I loved and couldn't afford growing up as a kid and then some with some of the dope Retro+ colorways, so I guess we're in a similar position.

Yeah I think that's the reason most heads that really appreciate these shoes collect. Brings back those childhood memories.

Yeah I think that's the reason most heads that really appreciate these shoes collect. Brings back those childhood memories.

idk why but even tho I wasnt born till the 90s and was too young to appreciate it I still understand that nostalgia when it comes to retros and listening to 90s music. I guess I just like the retro feel

Back
Top Bottom