Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

nah it's just these kids are tryna recoup so they can try for the next release...the cycle never ends.
Because all resellers don't keep a set price. Now everyone tries to undercut someone else prices. I guess some sell for the fame, LMFAO. Wait a year until people start dogging them then the price jumps. 

I have a pair of AM 90 Sneakerboots and I have glue on the toe box as well but I'm not even worried about it. They are just sneakers and not hand made high end dress shoes. Not trying to be a **** but I think expectations should be lowered a bit. 
These shoes are made by humans and  they have small imperfections at times. Don't sweat the GLUE.

I just broke out the infrareds today and I do like them better than the Legend Blues also. Its something about the black/infrared combo with some black jeans and a red sweater.

Looks pink....i kid i kid. 
tongue.gif

After taking a closer look at one of my pairs I noticed the doo doo paint job JB passed through quality control

View media item 1315796View media item 1315797View media item 1315798View media item 1315799View media item 1315800View media item 1315801

I already wasn't a huge fan of this new infrared this basically encouraged me to repaint them the "Deep Infrared" (2000 Retro)

Here's the results....

View media item 1315802View media item 1315803View media item 1315804View media item 1315805View media item 1315807View media item 1315808View media item 1315809

I basically painted the midsole, heel tab, Jumpman and used the lacelock from my 2000 retro.

In my honest opinion... These are so much cleaner now. This is exactly what I wanted in this retro. Unfortunately it took JB to give me a crappy paint job for me to take matters into my own hands but they're perfect to me now.. The deep bright STRONG non pinkish red, nubuck... 3M!! The only thing missing is the "NIKE AIR"

Been contemplating doing a "deep infrared" paint job to my pair as well. Did you mix your own paint or use one of Angelus's standard paints?

Nice work.

I know they're your shoes but come on guys...stop messing with the color and appreciate it for what it is!

I know they're your shoes but come on guys...stop messing with the color and appreciate it for what it is!

Why does everyone have to like what you like? just because you're completly satisfied your pair doesn't mean everyone else should. I took a shoe from disappointment to excited and completely satisfied with the shoe I purchased just by doing subtle changes. Since you want to tell people to what they need to stop doing you should stop saying the same old "appreciate the color" and congratulate someone who made a way for the shoe to work for them. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Is there a procedure or tutorial to strip the coating before painting over the midsole? I am contemplating doing a paint job but remember a few saying to make sure to strip the coating first

aight i been out the loop for a real long time everyone and their mom has a pair of these how easy/available were they?

i remember sleeping on these in 09 too :rofl:

Last edited:
aight i been out the loop for a real long time everyone and their mom has a pair of these how easy/available were they?
Arguably the 2nd largest release by Nike this year, the ease and availability was relative to each person. For me, it was somewhat easy online.

Got these on again today. I know everyone else is gonna be business casual but I don't even care. Jeans and Js all the way. I don't plan on doing any work today anyway. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom