Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Might finally wear mine this weekend
I finally wore mine the other day and with new insoles, they weren't too unbearable in comfort. Still a pretty stiff shoe.

anyone else prefer the yellowing of the shoe? 

i like my shoes dirty  
devil.gif

I don't prefer yellowing. I like how they look when they're icy but I also don't mind when they yellow.
Same, I don't prefer it, but I don't mind it. I like it both icy and yellowed (classic look), so I can enjoy it's full aging process.

It's such a small amount of icy sole, if I ever feel the need to re-ice it, maybe I'll try out the sauce. At least it won't be like having to do a whole sole.

I think I'm the only one who isn't really feeling the new ice blue soles. Not just on these but on the V's as well. Just makes the shoes look a little too "modern", if you know what I mean. I much prefer the old regular clear soles

I think I'm the only one who isn't really feeling the new ice blue soles. Not just on these but on the V's as well. Just makes the shoes look a little too "modern", if you know what I mean. I much prefer the old regular clear soles
Plenty of other ppl don't like it as well. Doesn't bother me too much. Did look weird on the oreo 5s but it goes away man. Then they will yellow. The tint on my 5s has gone down a good amount after time, a few wears

Plenty of other ppl don't like it as well. Doesn't bother me too much. Did look weird on the oreo 5s but it goes away man. Then they will yellow. The tint on my 5s has gone down a good amount after time, a few wears
Yea I wore my 6s once the same week they dropped, and after an hour of wear the sneaker was half as blue as when I copped it. Now, after several more wears them joints are icy as hell and not blue at all

Dudes whining about comfort...

J 1-6 were all wearing cardboard on your soles.

7 onwards got better.

They were comfortable before 2004. Midsole were a little spongy and had give to them. You could press down with your heel on the air units and it gave back. Now they feel like bricks, no give at all. Just a hard piece of midsole. Air units serve no purpose but for looks now

Last edited:
They were comfortable before 2004. Midsole were a little spongy and had give to them. You could press down with your heel on the air units and it gave back. Now they feel like bricks, no give at all. Just a hard piece of midsole. Air units serve no purpose but for looks now
U aint never lied thats exactly how they feel

Exactly, once they started using that Nitrogen in the Air units, it was game over for the comfort.

Why did they start using nitrogen?

Environmental reasons. The sf6 that was being used was harsh on the environment/ozone when released from the air unit. But at the time it was the only gas they could use that would not leak out of their Blow Molded air unit system. They had to create a new air unit which was layered thicker to accommodate Nitrogen.

Nike and JB started using them in 2004. JB on most of their shoes, and NIke fully converting in 2006 around the time the air max 360 came out. It was one of the worst things that could've happened to retros. As you know, most of the air max units shrunk, and look disproportioned to the shoe, in addition to being significantly less comfortable. They also changed the midsole material to a harder substance. Im assuming it was to accommodate the newer, thicker air units.

Last edited:
Environmental reasons. The sf6 that was being used was harsh on the environment/ozone when released from the air unit. But at the time it was the only gas they could use that would not leak out of their Blow Molded air unit system. They had to create a new air unit which was layered thicker to accommodate Nitrogen.

Nike and JB started using them in 2004. JB on most of their shoes, and NIke fully converting in 2006 around the time the air max 360 came out. It was one of the worst things that could've happened to retros. As you know, most of the air max units shrunk, and look disproportioned to the shoe, in addition to being significantly less comfortable. They also changed the midsole material to a harder substance. Im assuming it was to accommodate the newer, thicker air units.
wow i just learned alot, thank you

Great explanation, but I still believe that the "Environmental reasons"  are always translating to financial reasons, a lot of companies are hiding and justifying changes with the Environmental card.

250-260 is average resale price for retros period right now honestly
That just ****** up man because I heard the Legend Blue are probably going for this price now, even though theree are some people how believe thatt people would pay $300 to $330 and they just restocked a few days ago, plus weren't people saying these had problems/defects?

The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince

I mean the 11s were $15 more so I guess you could add that to the overall + taxes? But you'll see the "need gone" posts on sneaker groups soon, just wait it out, plus they'll "restock" again...and as far as defect pairs...what shoe do we purchase from JB that doesn't have some type of defect, those are normal to me now

Legend Blue 11s are going for at least $280. Legend Blue 4s on the other hand...retail at best
Proves my point man
@AirSakuragi

I mean the 11s were $15 more so I guess you could add that to the overall + taxes? But you'll see the "need gone" posts on sneaker groups soon, just wait it out, plus they'll "restock" again...and as far as defect pairs...what shoe do we purchase from JB that doesn't have some type of defect, those are normal to me now
True, but I heard the glue job was bad, I don't really care about the infrared color that much because its still a shade of infrared unlike some people who painted them varsity red.  I'll wait it out and see if I could cop for retail in a few months probably in august or so.

Back
Top Bottom