Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Do you resell? Because you just sound like you are hyping the hell out of this release lol

So I'm full of crap huh? Lol ok bro. It's my opinion based on my own experience. So I reject your deposit on that. True, new Durabuck isn't ashy but worn Durabuck has the tendency to get ashy as well and if you wipe with damp towel, sure it goes away temporarily but when it dries the ash spot remains. My only point was Durabuck can get ashy too. That's all. We can disagree on that. Not nearly as ashy as 2010 but ashy nonetheless. Which ain't cool no matter how you put it. Time don't have **** to do with it IMO. Again, based on my own experience with 2000s. But hey you got it. And no man, I'm not a reseller but if any shoe deserved hype from me it would be these. Favorite J, it's a classic. Just tired of hearing all the same ol usual typical NT nit picking and complaints over something we can't control. Then comes the flood of whiny, bandwagon "bad quality" "JB messed these up" "not like OG" post. Oh wait then there's the random "if no Durabuck, I'm passing" post. Lol so? Nobody cares. All in an attempt to sound like a purist when most in here never even owned OGs. ***** if you still expecting these to be a true copy of the OG. No Js are these days, so what you expect now? Wait it out to 2015 and see if they "remaster" these. Good luck with that. I'll believe it when I see it. Dudes like yourself (no offense) are going to buy these anyway as you admitted. I mean, who wouldn't want Durabuck? Who wouldn't want these to be made exactly like the OGs? NA and all. But that's a song heads have been singing since the first retro. Your only alternative option is to simply don't buy them. JB is going to release them the way they want to whether we like it or not. It's like complaining about how the next iPhones specs suck compared to the latest android but you still get the iPhone despite how you think it sucks. That's asinine and foolish to me. You say the 2014s are ashy out the box? So you have them already, right? Pics?

Last edited:
Yeah, a damp rag or even your hand. The fact that your trying to prove that Durabuck is ashy buy posting a pick of OG's from 1991 is funny :lol:

Funny how?

I was just trying to prove that the shoe as a whole has had ashy tendencies from the jump. And based on my own experience with the Durabuck material used on the 2000s. Doesn't take 20+ years for worn Durabuck to get a lil ashy. That I know. Not going to argue with you.

Last edited:
One is all I really want, two would be nice though 
smile.gif

Yeah, a damp rag or even your hand. The fact that your trying to prove that Durabuck is ashy buy posting a pick of OG's from 1991 is funny :lol:

Funny how?

I was just trying to prove that the shoe as a whole has had ashy tendencies from the jump. And based on my own experience with the Durabuck material used on the 2000s. Doesn't take 20+ years for worn Durabuck to get a lil ashy. That I know. Not going to argue with you.

It's funny because it was a bad example. Your right Durabuck can get ashy. not trying to argue at all fam. I want these retros to have Durabuck and you don't, I'm cool with that. :D

So I'm full of crap huh? Lol ok bro. It's my opinion based on my own experience. So I reject your deposit on that. True, new Durabuck isn't ashy but worn Durabuck has the tendency to get ashy as well and if you wipe with damp towel, sure it goes away temporarily but when it dries the ash spot remains. My only point was Durabuck can get ashy too. That's all. We can disagree on that. Not nearly as ashy as 2010 but ashy nonetheless. Which ain't cool no matter how you put it. Time don't have **** to do with it IMO. Again, based on my own experience with 2000s. But hey you got it. And no man, I'm not a reseller but if any shoe deserved hype from me it would be these. Favorite J, it's a classic. Just tired of hearing all the same ol usual typical NT nit picking and complaints over something we can't control. Then comes the flood of whiny, bandwagon "bad quality" "JB messed these up" "not like OG" post. Oh wait then there's the random "if no Durabuck, I'm passing" post. Lol so? Nobody cares. All in an attempt to sound like a purist when most in here never even owned OGs. ***** if you still expecting these to be a true copy of the OG. No Js are these days, so what you expect now? Wait it out to 2015 and see if they "remaster" these. Good luck with that. I'll believe it when I see it. Dudes like yourself (no offense) are going to buy these anyway as you admitted. I mean, who wouldn't want Durabuck? Who wouldn't want these to be made exactly like the OGs? NA and all. But that's a song heads have been singing since the first retro. Your only alternative option is to simply don't buy them. JB is going to release them the way they want to whether we like it or not. It's like complaining about how the next iPhones specs suck compared to the latest android but you still get the iPhone despite how you think it sucks. That's asinine and foolish to me. You say the 2014s are ashy out the box? So you have them already, right? Pics?

I am not reading that huge *** wall of text :lol:

So lets just agree to disagree

Funny how?

The ogs? It absolutely takes a long time to get ashy.

Do you own any of the old original jordans?

That durabuck was on a whole nother level

From jordan V-VII that **** was something else.

Don't yall think it's ridiculoous dat we pay top dollar an even more 4 these cheaply made jordans dat dont even have the same material as the O.G. Js dat' y i stop gettin them cheap joint's after the retro 11 had 2 get dem lol but seriously that's y i go stalking on e bay 4 O.G. Js trust me it's worth it.

I ran out of breath trying to read this crap. :lol:

Haven't been on here in a while but it seems to be the same feeling about the Infrared or "pink" as some say as the release earlier in February. I just hope these aren't too hyped and resale price isn't crazy. After the carmine release this year I rather go that route or ticket than wait it just stop being worth it plus seeing all the people who just want "Jays on my fee" is annoying. I personally think after they release these will be the best kicks to have come out this year.

Yeah now that I see this last few pics it does look like the OG infrared on this black v1s. They're definitely different then the white infrared 6s they used. I was thinking for 2 months now debating. But I'm leaning more towards the hell yeah on this.

I would love the suade on this. I know they won't look fresh for long. These are to sick to beat up. Just were them ocaccionally. Make sure we check the weather if it's suade. Lol but would be happy for auade

Also. If some of u wanna answer this. What do u guys think about the remastering of the jays. Will they remaster every single pair they have ever release or only OGs.

Also. If some of u wanna answer this. What do u guys think about the remastering of the jays. Will they remaster every single pair they have ever release or only OGs.
I think it only makes sense to do the significant color ways. Shouldn't have to be all of them. Also in terms of these 6s when I get them I want to get that sole as yellow as possible as soon as possible so what is probably the fastest way besides wearing em or getting them wet?

All
They just gave us the playoff 8s with durabuck :smh:

Why do they continue to ruin Mikes first championship shoe....

I feel like its a troll job on JBs part...."lets see if theyll buy this" kinda madness. You can release the Raptor VIIs and Playoff VIIIs with durabuck but cant release Bred IVs and now Infrared VIs with it??

Funny how?

It's funny because it was a bad example. Your right Durabuck can get ashy. not trying to argue at all fam. I want these retros to have Durabuck and you don't, I'm cool with that. :D

People get mad that others want legit durabuck like the '13 Playoff 8s, '13 Thunder 4s, '12 Charcoal/Raptor 7s. This poor imitation of nubuck is a damn joke. Some people will still buy, but the least they can do is point their our frustration.

The shoe will be a hit regardless

Last edited:
I am not reading that huge *** wall of text :lol:

So lets just agree to disagree

Reading is fundamental and necessary to get proper understanding of the given situation. I know I disagree with you but it's important that you know why. Maybe you would understand my point at least rather than not knowing where I'm coming from. Fair enough though. I agree to disagree for sure. And yes Ive owned OG Jordan's throughout my childhood. As far as OG 5-7, I had OG GS grape V as a kid (first grader).

Haha gotta look that up then. Been out of Jordan's for a while (last pair I copped were the 2005 retro 5's). Definitely gotta get these.
If production numbers are as expected as with most holiday jordan releases, they'll release in most footlockers, champs, footaction, finishlines, urban retailers, boutiques that carry jordans, all nike towns and all their respective websites.

Hey Mr. Wong, no one ever said that this imitation version of the black infra 6 wouldn't sell. I mean you've proven that you'd buy regardless of the changes to the materials and or color of said shoe. Certain people just want the newest hottest J of the moment. That will never change. I'm talking about maintaining some brand integrity. This offering of the black / infra 6 because of the material used or not used on the upper is a disgrace. The lunatics are clearly running the asylum!

Funny how?

People get mad that others want legit durabuck like the '13 Playoff 8s, '13 Thunder 4s, '12 Charcoal/Raptor 7s. This poor imitation of nubuck is a damn joke. Some people will still buy, but the least they can do is point their our frustration.

The shoe will be a hit regardless
BECAUSE IT IS IMITATION, YOUR JUDGING FAKE **** NOT FROM JB

Your full of crap.

The og durabuck only got ashy over time as in a long time.

The durabuck back in the day was no joke to the point of it feeling rubbery

The 2014 are ashy straight out the box

My 2000 retro pair isnt ashy. The toes are a bit smudged and light fuzz but its a 13 year old shoe

Make no mistake im buying a pair of the 2014 but they are nowhere near the og

Durabuck does get ashy looking because it collects dust and dirt which gives it a grey look. That might be the ashy part people are talking about.

The ashy look of the 2014's could be the angle of the light. JB has released a lot of Jordan's in the past couple of years that looked ashy in early pics.

All of it's dyed, nubuck, suede and durabuck.

Back
Top Bottom