Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

So basically dudes out here rocking customs :lol:. Although nice a lot of the time, I wouldnt actually wear customs myself. Dude painted himself some varsity red customs up there. Got me channeling Jay Z like "those ain't the new Air Jordan's 6s, what the F you done to that?" lol. Dude ruined the shoes IMO. Come at me. To each his own on that. Like someone said above that only probably decreases what would be (if any) value the shoe has and is just uneccessary to say the least. I have the shoes and in all their glory I couldn't imagine putting a paint or airbrush to them and I actually paint/ have painted pictures, draw etc. More power to the customizers though. I just don't understand the method behind the madness. It's not that serious, the shoes look great as is.

It's like buying a car and putting new rims on it, or adding your own little details to it...unless you keep your car stock I get what you mean

I personally wouldn't paint the shoes either cause I want what I paid for

Yeah the value diminishes, someone could be looking for the exact 2014 blk infrared 6s and willing to drop 350-400 in a few years. And you miss out selling them if u need to cuz the color not right and once someone see a slight alteration to the retro they think it's fake.....good luck if u selling on eBay u will get ***** drilled by buyer protection

does it say "fully shipped" on your account on eastbay. Origin scan is where mine are at too so u should be good. That means UPS already has your shoes. They will ship tomorrow.
well I got em from fnl , and it does say shipped on my account, guess they'll b updated tmrw

I may be the only one here but I'm 27. Born 1987. I was still pretty young when Jordan was dominating. I have a few friends who are 32+ and they remember him well. I can appreciate the nostalgia that they have when they cop a pair of Jordan's. I can also understand some of the frustration some of the seasoned sneaker collectors have when these 15-18yo camp out and drive the resell value up. I say all this to say this. Buy what you love and wear it. I have Kobe's that mean more to me and they have sentimental value and I wear them whenever I can. These are shoes man. wear them. Some of y'all act like y'all are Jay Leno with his auto collection. 100s of cars just sitting and looking at them. Painting them cause you couldn't find the original.

What was to be expected after the phrase got thrown around in a thread for a mass GR? I'd first seen the whole "Pizza Party" movement during the AJ1 Bred thread last year and it seemed like the play on words was designated for the more exclusive/limited releases. Cats out the bag now.The Pizza Party affect has been diminished.
You can pretty much count on a cornball to ruin EVERYTHING. Not excluding these shoes. Luckily dudes around here don't really care about shoes. They just know they're Jordan's and they gotta have'em, so a few releases from now when theirs all all beaters THEN I'll pull mine out

I swear some of you guys have no patience. It's Sunday, relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend. The most annoying thing is some asking if people got tracking yet on day of release. Take a break... Go out and get some fresh air...

U guys are hilarious with the shipping these shipping jitters from big retailers like fnl....com`on man lol as long as you didn't use a bot u should be fine.

I swear some of you guys have no patience. It's Sunday, relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend. The most annoying thing is some asking if people got tracking yet on day of release. Take a break... Go out and get some fresh air...
08:00  orders shoes

08:01  "has anyone received order confirmation yet?  should I be worried about cancellations?"

09:00  order confirmation received

09:01  "got my order confirmation.  has anyone received shipping confirmation yet?"

10:00  shipping confirmation received

10:01  "does UPS deliver on Saturday?  UPS showing my package hasn't moved in the past minute.  should I be worried?"

So basically dudes out here rocking customs
laugh.gif
. Although nice a lot of the time, I wouldnt actually wear customs myself. Dude painted himself some varsity red customs up there. Got me channeling Jay Z like "those ain't the new Air Jordan's 6s, what the F you done to that?" lol. Dude ruined the shoes IMO. Come at me. To each his own on that. Like someone said above that only probably decreases what would be (if any) value the shoe has and is just uneccessary to say the least. I have the shoes and in all their glory I couldn't imagine putting a paint or airbrush to them and I actually paint/ have painted pictures, draw etc. More power to the customizers though. I just don't understand the method behind the madness. It's not that serious, the shoes look great as is.
Value lmao brah i am wearing these till they wear out and throwing them in the trash

I may be the only one here but I'm 27. Born 1987. I was still pretty young when Jordan was dominating. I have a few friends who are 32+ and they remember him well. I can appreciate the nostalgia that they have when they cop a pair of Jordan's. I can also understand some of the frustration some of the seasoned sneaker collectors have when these 15-18yo camp out and drive the resell value up. I say all this to say this. Buy what you love and wear it. I have Kobe's that mean more to me and they have sentimental value and I wear them whenever I can. These are shoes man. wear them. Some of y'all act like y'all are Jay Leno with his auto collection. 100s of cars just sitting and looking at them. Painting them cause you couldn't find the original.
I blame the ppl buying these kicks at $330 and no years has passed nor is the black infrared 6 limited...spending a lot over retail smh sets the tone for the rest. I was born in 87 too I remember mid-late 90s MJ. I had og js too

08:01  "has anyone received order confirmation yet?  should I be worried about cancellations?"

09:01  "got my order confirmation.  has anyone received shipping confirmation yet?"

10:01  "does UPS deliver on Saturday?  UPS showing my package hasn't moved in the past minute.  should I be worried?"
lmao some people got no patience

I ordered them and   didn't look back, I received each email  read them  and let it go.  I get  em tuesday, there is no reason to keep looking at the tracking info to see where they are  every 5 mins.    

I remember one dude was bothering me on eBay over my worn out 2s. Ah man, as soon as he clicked buy he was inboxing hard, to the point I was about to give him his money back...he wanted me to ship that day and his money didn't even clear yet...

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] I'm dead. This is so accurate

How's everyone liking their pairs? You all satisfied? 
Not satisfied. I strongly dislike how cheap the nubuck looks, it gives the appearance of very thin material. There are some general blemishes I can overlook, but I thought my pair had ****** looking airbag windows, one side it looks somewhat fogged. The shoe mold is mostly onpoint except I think the ankle could have been accentuated a little more, and wish the bulbous parts were more pronounced.

$185 is just a lot of money to spend on sneakers in my world, not that I can't afford to do so, but quality needs to be good enough in my eyes. I thought the last best quality retro I got were the 2013 Air Jordan 3 Fire Red, everything on that shoe was on point, I got a perfect pair.

I might trade this pair with cash for my grails (AJ4 Cement) and wait another 5 years to see it again. Really looking forward to seeing the AJ line remastered next year, I hope its not some marketing ********.

Not satisfied. I strongly dislike how cheap the nubuck looks, it gives the appearance of very thin material. There are some general blemishes I can overlook, but I thought my pair had ****** looking airbag windows, one side it looks somewhat fogged. The shoe mold is mostly onpoint except I think the ankle could have been accentuated a little more, and wish the bulbous parts were more pronounced.

$185 is just a lot of money to spend on sneakers in my world, not that I can't afford to do so, but quality needs to be good enough in my eyes. I thought the last best quality retro I got were the 2013 Air Jordan 3 Fire Red, everything on that shoe was on point, I got a perfect pair.

I might trade this pair with cash for my grails (AJ4 Cement) and wait another 5 years to see it again. Really looking forward to seeing the AJ line remastered next year, I hope its not some marketing ********.
Fire red 3 quality good? Haven't seen good General release leather since 2012 Olympic 6s

The flat paint on the midsole is what irks me most, comparing to my 2000s.

I guess they made it easier to have them repainted properly when they start cracking and spider-webbing after 5-7 wears...:stoneface:

Oh well, at least I lived and enjoyed the "golden era" of the retro. Price and Quality. #shrugs

Last edited:

I'm with u on this. The nubuck is cheap and saw bad pairs. I will wait until they get them right...and if they don't, more money saved. Tired of their quality for the price they charge.

Back
Top Bottom