Blazers Bandwagon : 13 STRAIGHT - PDX @ UTAH 8pm ET

What happens when D Miles returns? He said that his knee is 90%. How will he fit into their rotation especially with Outlaw playing so well?
What do you guys think?

I hope that he doesn't stay long, I dont like his character. If he will contribute to the team in a positive way on and off the court, and prove he ischanged, I will respect him. Not until then.

Originally Posted by biggieeb0y

What happens when D Miles returns? He said that his knee is 90%. How will he fit into their rotation especially with Outlaw playing so well?
What do you guys think?
As long as Outlaw keeps up his play, Miles won't see any time. The Blazers asked him to "retire" in the summer because he is virtuallyunmovable with 3 years/$26.25 Million remaining on his contract, so it's pretty obvious he's not really wanted by the organization.

Exile...what's the word on the Joel Freeland guy that they drafted in the 1st a few years back? You all got a lot of young DS talent LOL

We could honestly really use Freeland right now, he played well enough to be brought over this summer but at the time depth at the post position was, ofcourse, not an issue, so every remaining roster spot was filled to increase depth at other positions. Well, Oden, LA and McRoberts(who's still 6 fouls atthe least) are all out now, forcing Raef LaFraentz(yup, this is where he is . .) to get big minutes. In retrospect signing Taurean Green was probablyunnecessary, and I was never exactly ecstatic to get Blake either, but whatever. They did also sign James Jones and he's been light out.

But back to Freeland, unfortunalely I'm pretty sure he's in one of those BS situations where his team in the UK simply will not give him any kind ofminutes whatsoever and I guess our GM is pretty prickly about the entire situation. I'll never understand what kind of huge benefit these european teamsseem to think they're getting whenever they use this tactic, but that's their prerogative so I guess I think they can do what they want.

That dunk that Outlaw almost pulled off was insane. When it happened I literally stood up when I saw it and then I almost crumbled to the ground because I lostmy balance
laugh.gif
We slowed it down on this enormous HD and OMG . . . this was literally inches from being the dunk of the year. It looked a lot like when Carterwent over Weiss, Outlaw didn't get THAT high, but he got high enough that he was going to absolutely make Carlos Boozer's life miserable for the timebeing
laugh.gif

I think we should of taken Durant, too. I of been thinking that for awhile.

Brandon Roy is that dude. hes a completely different player than what he was the first couple weeks of the season. dude is agressive now and its showin, instats (player of week), wins...and if outlaw can play like hes been doing they are tough to beat...

i dont know if they can beat the nuggets at denver this sunday. if they do its a miracle, we always lose there by like 15+

You're right, the only fond memory I can think of is Darius Miles dropping 47 in Denver on the last day of the season . . and we still lost.

yea who the hell is travis outlaw...i thought he was garbage? roy and aldridge are stars. i can't believe they beat the jazz twice without aldridge though.ridiculous. blake was a good pick-up too. they won't make the playoffs this year though. no chance. maybe next year. are they seriously going to get betterrecords than san antonio, phoenix, utah, dallas, denver, houston, LA, golden state? they won't even get 9th place as long as new orleans is healthy.they'll finish 10th in the west.

they won't make the playoffs this year though. no chance. maybe next year. are they seriously going to get better records than san antonio, phoenix, utah, dallas, denver, houston, LA, golden state? they won't even get 9th place as long as new orleans is healthy. they'll finish 10th in the west.

I understand that, but considering the way Portland's been playing as of late there's no reason to think that once Aldridge gets healthy they'll beable to somewhat contain the momentum that they've built at this point. Also, it'd be easier to label this 6 game streak as a fluke if a lot of thosewins could have gone the other way just as easily, but that's not really the case. Outside of the Memphis win that set things off every game has been wonwith consistent play in impressive fashion. It's also not unreasonable to think that Portland, who happens to have to youngest core in the entire league,might improve at a higher rate compared other teams as the season progresses. You could also make a case that the reason it took Portland this long to getgoing could be attributed to the unfamiliarity that a lot of the team had to go through considering the number of new faces this year. Injuries were such aproblem last season that this is probably even the first time a lot of 2nd players have gotten significant time with the "veterans".

Should of picked Durant

nah, as long as outlaw and webster keep developing we'll have solid 3's, sure not as good as durant..but ROY is already our dude

and oden will hold down the C, which will also frees up aldridge to go inside out and use that money jumper,
then roys free...then websters camping in the corner...then outlaw will do his 4th quarter thing...

and if oden is only half as good as he could be this team will be solid for years, i mean look how
well they're playing without him(or aldridge). he can only make us better.

and paul allen wont mind dippin deep into the pockets to make sure everyone sticks around either

blazers
pimp.gif

I wore my Blazer shorts a few weeks ago and everybody thought I was dumb and that they suck. I try to watch them more now that they are on Comcast Sports Net. What do you guys think they will end up renaming the Rose Garden?

Man, when the off season hit, and I saw they got the number one pick in the draft, i knew that if they could have their young core blend together, they wouldbe a great team in the future. Not saying they are there yet, but you can just tell that they are going to be a very good team, and in 5-6 years a force to bereckoned with.

C-Oden
PF-Lamarcus
SF-Webster
SG-Roy
PG-Jack

Bench
Outlaw

I could see this team challenging in years to come. But they have to keep this core together that they have now. But i will defiantely agree that this team isfun to watch.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by michaud07

What do you guys think they will end up renaming the Rose Garden?
I have a feeling its going to be "Wells Fargo Arena". They already have Wells Fargo on the new scoreboard where the arena should be. I knewthis was gonna happen. I will always call it the "Rose Garden". It would be nice if it was "(Corporate Sponsor) Court at Rose GardenArena", to keep that name.

I'm a believer. They have a lot of good developing talent. Martell Webster is coming along very well. I see them making a solid playoff push in about 3years.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I'm comin up for that Denver game on friday too, very excited.

DENVER (AP) -- The Portland Trail Blazers are finding the road more enjoyable lately.

Brandon Roy had 26 points and 11 assists and Channing Frye scored a season-high 20 points as Portland beat the Denver Nuggets 116-105 on Sunday night.
It was the Blazers' seventh straight win overall, and third straight victory on the road, where they had lost their first nine games of the season.
"We don't feel invincible, we feel comfortable and confident," Roy said. "Winning on the road is a sign of maturity."
Portland also ended a stretch of futility in Denver. The Blazers got their first win in Denver since Feb. 26, 2003, and snapped the Nuggets' nine-game homewinning streak against Portland. Denver had won 15 of the last 17 meetings at home dating back to the 1999-2000 season.
"We've dropped a lot of monkeys this month," said Portland head coach Nate McMillan, whose team has beaten Utah twice in the past week.
The Blazers ended their losing ways in Denver with some hot shooting. They hit 55 percent of their shots, including a 10-for-13 performance by Frye.
"From the beginning to the end of the game they beat us up and down the court and did whatever they wanted to do on the offensive end," said AllenIverson, who led Denver with 38 points. "They're playing with a lot of confidence having already won six in a row, and they just brought that momentuminto here and they whipped us."
The Nuggets were hot early but cooled off in the second half when the Blazers stretched their 12-point halftime lead to 19 heading into the fourth quarter.
"We are getting shots from the work of other people," Frye said. "People are driving to the basket and leaving other people open. That'swhat is happening."
Carmelo Anthony struggled from the field again and finished with 19 points on 6-of-17 shooting, and Kenyon Martin had 14 for the Nuggets, who have lost twostraight after a three-game winning streak.
The Nuggets trailed by as many as 21 before closing the gap in the fourth quarter. Iverson scored 16 points in the period, including a 3-pointer that cut thelead to 103-91 with 6:39 left.
The Blazers responded with a run of their own. Roy hit two layups and Travis Outlaw, who had 17 points, hit a couple of jumpers to increase the lead to 115-97with 2:26 remaining.
"We expected we would be a good-shooting team from the start of the season," McMillan said. "We've been shooting the ball well during thisstretch."
Portland made 58 percent of its shots in the first half and stayed hot from the field at the start of the third quarter. The Blazers went on an 11-0 run earlyin the second half -- capped by a 3-pointer from Steve Blake -- to extend their lead to 72-52 with 8:22 left.
"This team's been shooting the ball extremely well," Nuggets head coach George Karl said. "They've been finding a hot shooter almostevery night."
Early, it was Frye who was hot. The forward scored 14 points on 7-for-8 shooting in the first quarter, and he also pulled down five rebounds for Portland,which took a 30-25 lead heading into the second quarter.
"Frye has shot the ball well the whole season," McMillan said. "Tonight he was on fire. He knocked down everything."

i cant believe we just beat the nuggets at denver. they were 1-15 the last 16 meetings at denver.

i dont see y we cant go 10+ with this 5-6 game homestand comin up...

outlaw/aldridge for MIP!

Seriously this team will be contending for the championnchip in 2-3 years time
I can see it being possible...Spurs, Suns will be on the decline with their major players (Nash & Duncan)not getting any younger, I think Dallas' door shut on them for a shot at the 'ship...the Jazz are gonna be serious contenders I think if Boozer andWilliams keep playin' how they are.

we are beating the "powers" of our division that we have not been beating for years. Plus we are doing this without Oden and right now Aldridge. Thisteam I truly has a shot at the division this season. This is going to be a fun year!

They beat us... that must mean they're doing something right.

laugh.gif
j/k

Everything's just clicking for them. I still doubt they'll make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, they're a very tough team, but I thinkthey'll just miss out on the playoffs. Next year when Oden makes his debut, it'll be a different story.

Back
Top Bottom