Bloodsport Appreciation post

Blood sport is GOAT. Speaking of Universal Soldier.....

I always considered that a legit Hollywood classic great action flick, on par with T2 judgement day or something.

Watched it for the first time since the 90's....... im not sure if the movie just aged horribly or the movie was just always trash.....but this movie is SUPER trash now :lol:

I miss these kind of flicks, does Hollywood even invest in Martial art films anymore? Feel like Chan and Li were the end of it.

I miss these kind of flicks, does Hollywood even invest in Martial art films anymore? Feel like Chan and Li were the end of it.
The late 80s to mid 90s was the Martial Arts boom in the US. So that is a reason why there isn't as many of those films around anymore.

I felt the Karate Kid with Jaden Smith was good. Really surprised me

The late 80s to mid 90s was the Martial Arts boom in the US. So that is a reason why there isn't as many of those films around anymore.

Thought it was meh, not really a fan of Jaden Smith but the film wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Statham is the only thing we really got but he's more of a legit action hero and martial arts is just a tool of his trade. Its a shame too, Donnie Yen should be a ****ing superstar over here, he's off the Wushu stuff but he's pretty active on the straight martial art flicks. I miss that era though, acting/films weren't traditionally good but man those fight scenes were memorable

Anyone remember this one? I rented it upwards of 10 times when I was a kid.

hqdefault.jpg

After reading historyvshollywood seems like Dux been living a fantasy world after his first win in kumite. I’m sure they still got those underground fights around. My friends dad would tell me about Mui Thai fighting in Thailand, and they would fight to the last breathe with only wraps.
All in all fighting movies in the 80-90s was and still goat.

Someone just liked a comment in this post that I made in 2007 and I got a notification about it. Cod damn internet, you scary.

I had this recorded off tv onto vhs when I was a kid. This and kickboxer are probably the best JCVD movies. I still gotta check out the new kickboxer movie that just came out this month.

Back
Top Bottom