Brand New (or is it?) AUDI *** 2018 RS3 (400HP)

Mercedez has leapfrogged the competition in the past 2-3 years imo
Audi is dead last. The new Q7 design is so uninspired.

Love the new C Class.....dunno how much i trust Mercedes even BMW is rated better I think.

I agree Audi did get stale but I like this new B9, B8.5 put me to sleep.

New Q7 isn't doing it for me either, I want to see what a new b9 s4 will look like.

Last edited:
Audi's design language has gotten stale

TBH you might as well cop a used low mileage current gen A5. This looks more like a mid get facelift. Not even worth purchasing unless you're leasing, or buying your first Audi/buying your first one after several years.

Would not buy if I had an Audi over the last 2-3 years.

RS series is where the fireworks really are. Its a shame you have to jump that far up the line before you get pleasing aesthetics.

I love me some Audi's though. They make the best seats in the business

Last edited:
View media item 1886022

I guess I'm just bias Audi, I'm gonna get a 2016 s4 or 2017 a4 loaded up and call it a day. 2017 s4 price might as well find a 2016 plus 2017 won't have manual.

I like Benz but only AMG

New M2 honestly ugly, BMW cool just don't move me much.

I like Lexus but I'll be bored with it. Some call Audi boring I just find them really classy/clean.

Last edited:
I'd like to drive an Audi someday lol.

The overall look is quite handsome, but this conservative redo probably won't result in many double-takes. Even the wind won't pay the A4 no never mind -- the new design is extremely slippery, registering a coefficient of drag of just 0.23 in the wind tunnel, making it one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world.

get what you like

i never disliked the audi clean looks an ive been a fan for many generations, they are now much more reliable than before (cant front something only an enthusiast could deal with before) and are rated higher than Benz and BMW

power isnt that high, but idc about that...........fast enough for me an MPG does matter to me because i drive so much

the drive is fun, and the AWD system is great

Last edited:
Exterior is very underwhelming. Looks like a refresh/LCI rather than a new generation. Audi base exteriors are definitely getting ******* on by the likes of MB and BMW right now.

Exterior looks wise...C Class>>>3 series>A4

Interior is definitely nice...I see design cues from MB and BMW as well. My overall unbiased opinion is that it is underwhelming so far.

Exterior is very underwhelming. Looks like a refresh/LCI rather than a new generation. Audi base exteriors are definitely getting ******* on by the likes of MB and BMW right now.

Exterior looks wise...C Class>>>3 series>A4

Interior is definitely nice...I see design cues from MB and BMW as well. My overall unbiased opinion is that it is underwhelming so far.

yea nah thats cool

i like the new C class but again unless its AMG forget it def super clean though

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-audi-a4/

good read if you care, i like the interior more than the A4 or 3 also, but yes many on NT dont like Audi, its too conservative..........as much as i like a Lexus IS..........i just cant

gimme the avg looker i guess

it's currently enjoying 56 consecutive months of record US sales

many love it though an i like their AWD system the best

Last edited:
Yup that full screen Navi on the cockpit dash is definitely hot.

If only the new IS350 had the drive/power train of the Germans then I would cop.

I don't know...I feel like I've seen this car since 08 exterior wise.

The thing is Audi didn't used to be the conservative brand, they were the innovator and what the future was looking like, they were the revolution but these days they are more about evolution. VW is sadly too concerned about being the biggest selling car company in the world and that is why they have all these issues lately.

I remember first time seeing the R8 and it just blew your mind away.

The same with the A5/S5, I felt it was a game changer, not performance-wise per say but it was th ebest looking coupe there for a good second and they started the whole led drl trend without it looking cheesy.

Now their designs are run of the mill VW. As much as many hate Toyota and Lexus, at least the two brands are distinctive of each other and Lexus is trying their best to be as aggressive as they can by producing as close to concept as possible whether it was received well or not. Audi used to be that car brand and they need to go back to it.

Let me ask you guys who have had experience with Audi's, specifically A5's. What are your thoughts on the 2010 model? I missed out on a 2013 (was sold hours before I could get into the dealership), but they took in a 2010 trade. Drove it last night, 3.2 V6 engine. Clean, very clean. Low miles. Can purchase a warranty up to 100K miles.

But what have you guys experienced with them? Recommended or no?

Last edited:
Let me ask you guys who have had experience with Audi's, specifically A5's. What are your thoughts on the 2010 model? I missed out on a 2013 (was sold hours before I could get into the dealership), but they took in a 2010 trade. Drove it last night, 3.2 V6 engine. Clean, very clean. Low miles. Can purchase a warranty up to 100K miles.

But what have you guys experienced with them? Recommended or no?

im looking into getting a 3.2 V6 A5 too. leaning between that, an S5 (if i can find for a really good deal which has been impossible), or a 2011-up 535i (again if i can find a good deal).

from what ive read about the A5 is that all across the board its a pretty great car and the only major differences between some of the older and newer ones is that the V6 is no longer available.

edit: if im not mistaken i remember seeing an A5/S5 thread somewhere in here. small but still some opinions in there.
2nd edit: http://niketalk.com/t/531060/audi-a5-or-s5

Last edited:
I didnt see too much of a difference in the V6 or turbo 4, but the sound is much nicer from the V6.

What I'm mostly worried about is how the car holds together after, say, 75K miles.

A5 owner checking in...

Here's mines.  2009 A5 S-Line 6 speed.
im looking into getting a 3.2 V6 A5 too. leaning between that, an S5 (if i can find for a really good deal which has been impossible), or a 2011-up 535i (again if i can find a good deal).

from what ive read about the A5 is that all across the board its a pretty great car and the only major differences between some of the older and newer ones is that the V6 is no longer available.

edit: if im not mistaken i remember seeing an A5/S5 thread somewhere in here. small but still some opinions in there.
2nd edit: http://niketalk.com/t/531060/audi-a5-or-s5
In the A5, the V6 were in the 2008-2009 (and a few 2010) model.  After that, they went to a Turbo 4.  

The V6 has more overall power in HP and Torque.  But the engine is heavier. The power will feel the same if you're done city cruising because the Turbo 4 has decent torque / weigh ratio.  Highway though, much different story, the Turbo 4 won't be able to keep up.  And the V6 definitely sounds much better. It has a grunt to it.

If you're planning on tuning it though, I would opt for the Turbo 4 since you can tune those to higher power. the V6 isn't tune-able.  If you can, I would even opt for the S5 with the supercharged 3.0 6 cylinders.  I've seen guys that have thrown a simple stage 2 tune that's pushing 420 HP.  

I think reliability on the V6 is probably going to be better as well because the V6 wasn't a newer engine so it had all the kinks worked out and it's NA which has less prone to any FI issues.

how many miles do you have on yours and have you had or heard of major issues?
I'm at 52K.  The car has been surprisingly more reliable than my Lexus GS that I used to have.  

The Turbo 4 have had reported issues with their Turbos.  The V6 doesn't have any major reported issues.  

The only thing youll have to do is a carbon clean from build up when it gets up to around 75k -80k.  

I was just looking at a 2012 A5 with 40k miles on it going for $19k the other day.

I might get my cash ready

Back
Top Bottom