Business Travel Unappreciation

Yo NT!!

Any of yall travel for business?? I'm in my hotel and it's weak!!! I can never fall asleep in hotel rooms. Any advice??

Thanks!!

The only dudes who I work with who enjoy traveling are dudes in jacked up relationships cuz they can get away from their nagging wives. Business travel iscompletely different than leisure travel. There are true road warriors out there, I'm not one of em.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

The only dudes who I work with who enjoy traveling are dudes in jacked up relationships cuz they can get away from their nagging wives. Business travel is completely different than leisure travel. There are true road warriors out there, I'm not one of em.

so what does your business trip usually consist of, just out of curiosity?

I work in the health care industry doing IT work. I travel around to different hospitals and medical offices and do various IT stuff. Nothin to exciting.Usually in these small towns its w/e. I sometimes meet up with girls at the site i'm at and we chill or whatever. Usually not smashin, but occasionally getlucky. So most of the time its dinners alone, hitting up some random bar and having a few awkward drinks alone, depends on the scene, sometimes its cool. Butwhatever, I would rather be at my hometown, chillin with my boys, smashing my chicks and most of all sleeping in my own bed.

To me hotels are kinda creepy. It weirds me out sometimes.

Whenever I travel for business I always pass out with CNN on... Not that it's boring, but Anderson Cooper's show always puts me to sleep when I'mon the road. I guess having a channel on that's familiar should help you rest (not like watching local TV networks).

I always try to think of business trips as money-saving events
laugh.gif
... I'm assuming you get your meals paid for.

Yeah it's unappreciated if you company sends you to garbage %++ towns and got you in a motel six or something. Better slip you an ambien.

Luckily my company has accounts and the W, and the cities are frequent are nice and i usually get to handle other bi while im OT, so i think it's great.

I work in the health care industry doing IT work. I travel around to different hospitals and medical offices and do various IT stuff. Nothin to exciting. Usually in these small towns its w/e. I sometimes meet up with girls at the site i'm at and we chill or whatever. Usually not smashin, but occasionally get lucky. So most of the time its dinners alone, hitting up some random bar and having a few awkward drinks alone, depends on the scene, sometimes its cool. But whatever, I would rather be at my hometown, chillin with my boys, smashing my chicks and most of all sleeping in my own bed.

son kept it real
laugh.gif

But yea, i could see how it would suck. especially in small towns

my mom travels to Italy, San Diego, Germany Korea so to me it seems exciting...i can see how it would get old but i always wanna go but can't cuz of school

Appreciated.

I've only been a 2 trips since, I've only interned and not started a full-time career yet.
But man, those 2 trips were a blast. Eating free meals, free hotel, etc.
Steak and patron margaritas on the company tab.
pimp.gif

I can see how it gets old though. I feel kinda bad for Consultants at Deloitte, McKinsey, Bain, Accenture, etc. These guys travel EVERY WEEK. Hop on the flightmonday morning to visit the client, come back to headquarters office Thursday night. I don't think there is any profession (outside of the Airlineindustry) that gets as much air-mileage as strategic consultants.

Not gonna lie though, I've always wanted to be one of those business men you see at the airport in a suit pulling a roller/suit-carrier meeting up with ablack cab driver, that happens to be holding a sign with his last name.
pimp.gif

Yeah I mean if you're ballin and you have an expense account that is INFINITY, then it would be a little better. But trust me, you're eating on thecompany tab, but you can't pig out every night, that gets old too.. Nothin beats some home cooking. I probably smash about a quarter of the girls i meet.Thats a pretty good ratio considering it's a first date, and they gotta act "professional". But like i said it's whatever tho.

Originally Posted by Gunner ThirtyTwo

^ Intern for one of the big 4 accounting firms? Just guessin...

No Accounting for me.

I was at an Engineering Contracting company, so we had some on site work occasionally.
Some interns traveled a lot more than me.

For those of you that want to travel, get into Consulting or Corporate Sales.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

my mom travels to Italy, San Diego, Germany Korea so to me it seems exciting...i can see how it would get old but i always wanna go but can't cuz of school
See hopefully that's next. They haven't sent me out the country yet. One of my partners has been in Japan for 2 weeks and as much ashe's been calling me i don't think this guy is gettin' any work done
laugh.gif
. All on the company dime. Gotta love it.

I'm in accounting and thankful for not traveling.

I get annoyed to easily, so I'm not trying to be annoyed 90% of my life.

Deadsetace on the other hand....probably posting from a clients office right now

It's hit or miss. My boy works for a POS (restaurant/hosp. biz) and is in Miami at the moment. My other pal at GE goes to Vegas, Istanbul, London, andTokyo. Another friend over at KPMG goes to DC every other week. He HATES it lol. I bought him a PS2 slim as a bday gift and all he does is play Final Fantasyon his down time because the nightlife/women in DC are wack.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

i pray for a job where i can travel...

same here, my mother does it all the time and she hates it.
i guess it's different when you have a family

Traveling for work really is not the same as traveling for fun. The real big problem is that you are ALONE. If you don't have anybody to go out with, or dostuff with then really a new city is just a lonely place. Plus, a lot of times you get there and you are just working hella hours and it really doesn'tmatter what city you are in. A lot of the people traveling work so much/so hard that they really don't get to enjoy the benefits of being in those cities.I don't know bout you guys, but meeting new chicks in a random city is tough. Going to the bar solo is not that much fun imo

I do IT work in DC, and once got sent to Charlotte for 6 weeks. I stayed at the Residence Inn downtown by the Panthers Stadium. The hotel was decked out,free drinks and dinner, 32 inch plasma, and it had akitchen. Plus I had some friends who lived 10 mins away and knew other people down there too. Even thoughI was working, it felt like a vacation. And that Per Diem check when I came home was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Appreciated.

I've only been a 2 trips since, I've only interned and not started a full-time career yet.
But man, those 2 trips were a blast. Eating free meals, free hotel, etc.
Steak and patron margaritas on the company tab.
pimp.gif

I can see how it gets old though. I feel kinda bad for Consultants at Deloitte, McKinsey, Bain, Accenture, etc. These guys travel EVERY WEEK. Hop on the flight monday morning to visit the client, come back to headquarters office Thursday night. I don't think there is any profession (outside of the Airline industry) that gets as much air-mileage as strategic consultants.

Not gonna lie though, I've always wanted to be one of those business men you see at the airport in a suit pulling a roller/suit-carrier meeting up with a black cab driver, that happens to be holding a sign with his last name.
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

i imagine once every other month would be somewhat enjoyable.. anything more than that and i picture myself manifesting a Tyler Durden alter ego.

Back
Top Bottom