Buying a new laptop vol. Imma MAC like Bernie

Da looks b, strictly for da looks.

I think some cop for the purpose, but mostly the look....

Can anyone recommend a laptop for somebody that uses Microsoft Office HEAVY...

I'm in excel and outlook 90% of the time...

And I don't know how well a Mac runs with Microsoft office...

Plus I know my shortcuts pretty well. Lol

Are macs really worth it? I personally dont like the os? Or what ever its called i perfer windows. Mac just got them tiny as screens for 1200 with with some weak specs imo. Id cop an alienware >

Are macs really worth it? I personally dont like the os? Or what ever its called i perfer windows. Mac just got them tiny as screens for 1200 with with some weak specs imo. Id cop an alienware >
You just answered your own question.

It really comes down to what you plan on using the laptop for.

I use the microsoft office suite on the regular on my mbp. got this through my job and completely said screw my personal laptop which was a sony. Once you go from windows to mac you won't look back. This has been by far the best computer I've ever had.

- No blue screen of death
- Great for ms office suite and internet browsing
- I never worry about getting viruses when I download
- Very user friendly

I don't play games but for most people's everyday use I don't think you can beat a mac, and I am not an apple stan. I haven't purchased an apple product since like 06. I have been blessed to get a lot of apple products through work for free though.

i buy macbook for battery life and design. always was down with the unibody aluminium shell (shouts to HTC for this as well). but also for their PCB design...in other words, they cram everything into the smallest printed circuitboard possible and try and fill the rest of the laptop with str8 up battery. im sure other people have started to follow suit, but apple's been doing that for a long time now, even with their iphones. so far so good.

i read about this. i have to look into this more. apple is throwing people the L saying its normal wear and tear.

All jokes aside just wait till the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 drops. The SP3 already kills these weak MacBooks :pimp:

I've had a MacBook since 2008 and it's still running smooth. I run Windows on it through Bootcamp for certain programs and it seriously feels like I hopped in a time machine every time I load up the Windows partition. The UI on a MacBook makes you feel cheated every time you use windows.

I think the problem with Windows now, other than the obvious blunder that was Windows 8 is the bloatware. I believe of MSFT built a laptop like the Surface and has no manufacturer bloatware on it, it'd probably be pretty awesome. I like a pure experience with my electronics and don't want it bogged down, that's why Macs are great, aside from the body. I personally wouldn't buy a Mac because this is a Windows world, most software is built with Windows in mind.

You just answered your own question.

It really comes down to what you plan on using the laptop for.
but the question is, is it worth all that money for da mac. Ive used them but never owned one think about copping a new laptop tho so this tgread popped my intrest

I need to cop a MacBook one day

Just too lazy to adjust from going to pc > mac.

Maybe one day... prob just cop the iMac for the crib.

I've had plenty of uses on a Mac, so the switch was seamless for me.

Copped a Pro this past October after having a Sony Vaio for about 5 years. Not sure why it took me this long.

honestly I love the MacBooks but Windows is so intuitive to me (anything less than 8 anyways). I think I would have a hard time making that switch but I'm note sure. How hard was it to go from Windows OS to a Mac OS? :nerd:

Going from a PC laptop to a macbook in five easy steps

1: learn what a finder is and where the app drawer is
2: learn how to use the touch pad to do two finger clicks and gestures
3: figure out how to bring in all your music and Windows programs
4: make it yours with a desktop and system preferences.
5: flourish

Really guys it isn't that much of a leap

No macbook pffft. Stay sleep. I'm not an apple guy on phones or watches or tablets but Macbook is the king in its realm.
Agreed.  iPods are also another apple product worth the premium.  new iPhones are horrible compared to old android phones...  but it is the Macbooks that every competitor is trying to emulate.

IMO, OP you should get a 2013 MBP since there is hardly any difference between 2014 and 2013 models.  Or check slickdeals.net for other laptops from other brands, they always have great deals.  

http://slickdeals.net/deals/computers/

I am also in the market for a new laptop and want 8 gb minimum.  Wondering if it is worth waiting a month for the new 2015 MBP to go down in price or buy the 8 gb, 256 ssd model off bandhphoto.

What about Microsoft excel?!?

Any heavy finance people in here??

I'm looking at a lab-top and need to cop this weekend

There's Microsoft Office suite for Mac.
I know that... But I'm a HEAVY excel-er...

10 to 20 MB files sometimes...

Tons of shortcuts and quick keys I use...

Is there an ALT and CTRL key on a Mac?

Yes there's alt and ctrl keys

The shortcuts may differ but they're there.

I still have my REFURBISHED macbook pro 13 from 2010 and I'm still flourishing 

few hiccups here and there but overall a really solid machine that i use everyday 

There's Microsoft Office suite for Mac.

I don't know how windows works anymore, but my mb creates some automatic shortcuts for me and I dont now how. For example I download resumes all day from our application website. The resumes automatically download to a specific folder i set up. I never have to click around and choose folders, it just does its thing.

I had Microsoft office in 2010 when I bought my MBP and I hated it. The interface sucked.

Is Microsoft office suite the same as the windows version?

Back
Top Bottom