Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Save on fruits and vegetables using grandmas garden.
Bought .25 worth of gas once. Wanted to refill in NJ.
Rewear certain clothes. Sew clothes that have holes.
Fly coach.
Complete DIY projects, other life hacks.
Bought a deep freezer to buy food in bulk.

I want to get better at cutting my own hair. It turns out pretty good 50% of the time. Cut it yesterday with mixed results and had to cut it short. Blending is such a struggle.

roll.gif

No way bro, that is hilarious...Do you do this dolo? Like how does your date/gf whatever feel about you doing this?
At first it began as a dare from friends and it became a thing every time we went to the movies. My girl at the time thought it was funny and she rolled with it. 

+ Rarely eat out. Make lunch and take to work. Same with coffee.

So far since I started this new job I've brought lunch from home every day. We have a Keurig and water cooler for hot water if I ever want tea too.

My 'work week' allowance I try and limit to one breakfast (usually Monday's b/c I'm too tired to eat at home beforehand :lol: ) and train fare.

Last edited:

Every time I hit up the movie theater, I stand next to the candy stand for 5 to 10 mins and stare at the people handing out the snacks and when they ask me what i'm waiting for, I tell them " where my snacks bro" and I get free snacks. lol
Back in high school, we used to go to this movie theatre that had like 2 wings;  1-9, 10-20 or something like that.  Your movie ticket had a big number printed on it, for what "wing" you were in. 

I used to just keep 1 ticket from each side in my wallet, and every time we'd go to the movies I'd pull it out and walk past the ticket guy like I was just coming back from the concession stand and had already been through. 

Now I just don't go to the movies anymore.  $15+ to see a movie, I should get a damn Blu-ray copy of the movie on my way out for that price!

. I would never do this because I am a responsible employee and love my job, but my close friend has a job where he can sit on the toilet for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, multiple times in a shift. In fact, he only gets up when he starts to feel his legs get numb. On a few occasions, he has gotten up, sprained his ankle (both ankles are prone to rolling inward from years of ball playing), and had to cling to the doors of the bathroom to prevent himself from dropping to the floor. I would guess that he spends more time on the can at work, than anyone on nt.

30 min is too much for me, after the 10 min mark my legs are numb lol
from what I've been told there is a technique where he lifts one hamstring at a time off the toilet seat and massages the quadricep to delay the inevitable numb time, and increase toilet time.

Me and my wife went to Cheesecake Factory and she told the waiter it was my birthday just to get a free dessert.

I dont buy breakfast or lunch Mon-Fri.

My employer provides coffee, water, fruit and snacks for free and unlimited.

I definitely pack my own lunch, and make my own coffee at the office. The ladies in my office are always going out for lunch and Starbucks coffee. That has to add up.

Last edited by a moderator:
- I shop at Aldi's mostly. I go to Publix only for a few things (ie. Green Tea from the deli :pimp:)
- I only have the internet.
- I meal prep weekly. I only go out for lunch once a week.
- Free Cafe Bustelo at work thanks to the nice Puerto Rican women I work with :pimp:
- I buy stuff like TP, paper towels in bulk
- I buy my trees in bulk too :nthat:
- I get gas in BJ's because they usually cheaper than the other gas stations

No. PB&J, soup, oatmeal, protein cookies, protein bars and left overs from the crib. Thats my rotation for breakfast & Lunch.

Also, I rock a baldy, so I am my own barber.

Nice..I have short hair..I bought good wahl clippers 4 years ago..I shave my head with a zero once a week..kind of annoying but much better than $20 every two wks

- I shop at Aldi's mostly. I go to Publix only for a few things (ie. Green Tea from the deli :pimp:)
- I only have the internet.
- I meal prep weekly. I only go out for lunch once a week.
- Free Cafe Bustelo at work thanks to the nice Puerto Rican women I work with :pimp:
- I buy stuff like TP, paper towels in bulk
- I buy my trees in bulk too :nthat:
- I get gas in BJ's because they usually cheaper than the other gas stations

In NYC, BJ's doesnt sell gas. Im a member and get 95% of my groceries and toiletries from there as well.

No. PB&J, soup, oatmeal, protein cookies, protein bars and left overs from the crib. Thats my rotation for breakfast & Lunch.

Also, I rock a baldy, so I am my own barber.

Nice..I have short hair..I bought good wahl clippers 4 years ago..I shave my head with a zero once a week..kind of annoying but much better than $20 every two wks

Truth. Im a member of the dollar shaving club and spend $6 every month on 4 blades. I do not miss going to the barbershop.

. I would never do this because I am a responsible employee and love my job, but my close friend has a job where he can sit on the toilet for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, multiple times in a shift. In fact, he only gets up when he starts to feel his legs get numb. On a few occasions, he has gotten up, sprained his ankle (both ankles are prone to rolling inward from years of ball playing), and had to cling to the doors of the bathroom to prevent himself from dropping to the floor. I would guess that he spends more time on the can at work, than anyone on nt.

:lol: Yeah we have one of those in my office. Dude takes 20 minute break to go walk and get his lunch at 10am, and leaves it the office kitchen for 2 hours! Lunch time rolls around, this guy goes on another walk around the building for 20 minutes, then has lunch for an hour. Afternoon, he disappears because he's in the bathroom hiding/taking a nap or going for another 20 minute walk! People like this will always be on the low spectrum of the totem pole and will be the first ones to get fired. I don't see the point in wasting life like this! Why not get a gig that you actually enjoy or want to work?!?

Reading back thru this thread [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I drive the speed limit.

Yup! I'm the dude driving 55-60 on 95 (often in the slow lane though). Don't get behind me and start flashing your lights 'cause I don't give a damn. If you're that much in a hurry, drive around foo'.

Last edited:
I get phone service for ~$10 a month.

My main number is on Google Voice. I buy preloaded SIM cards on eBay every month (cost around 10 bucks a month, have unlimited talk/text/3GB of data on them) and forward the calls from my Google Voice number to the number on the eBay sim. I buy a new SIM card every month and do the same thing. I use the Google Hangouts app for texts.

I get phone service for ~$10 a month.

My main number is on Google Voice. I buy preloaded SIM cards on eBay every month (cost around 10 bucks a month, have unlimited talk/text/3GB of data on them) and forward the calls from my Google Voice number to the number on the eBay sim. I buy a new SIM card every month and do the same thing. I use the Google Hangouts app for texts.

That sounds like a good idea.

Order restaurant food to go to avoid tipping. Then hit up closest mcdonalds to eat...also free drinks, wifi, tv

Back
Top Bottom