chris rock or dave chapelle

They are two different categories of comedians.

Chris Rock can perform a scripted act worldwide with the same delivery.

With Dave, he's more of a visionary story teller with his comedy which is more of a live and synergy type of thing.

I do laugh at both of them but Dave is my preference.

This

Dave by a landslide IMO

His Show was the best comedy tv show ever

His standup is classic

He's funnier in movies as well

Cant go wrong with either tho truthfully

Chris Rock never made me laugh like Dave Chapelle did...dude was hiLARious...Dave is on another level to me...

Last edited:
#TeamChapelle

And thats not counting the chapelle show.

just stand up vs. stand up

Dave style of comedy is just better to me.

sometimes i feel like chris rock is yelling at me and its funny, but Dave is always painting the full picture, especially characters wise.

I saw Kill the Messenger way after it came out and it is up there with Bigger Blacker and Better. Loved it!

I like both though.

These two have totally different comedic styles so I don't know how you can even choose between the two.

Dave all the way.

Chris has never made my stomach hurt from laughing so dam much.

Dave has done it a few times.

From a professional standpoint CR is by far superior. Dudes considered a comedy God.

As far as originality goes its Mr. Chappelle, hands down. He's a genius, idgaf what anyones got to say. The way he tells stories in his jokes is both philosophical and rofl funny.

Last edited:
I think that is why people don't always gravitate towards Chris Rock. I feel like kids won't get him but when they are older, the'll realize what type of comedian he is. He literally only tells jokes and doesn't do voices or any body language type comedy. Truly one of the best, if not the best just cause he tells it like it is.

And Chappelle is smart too but he doesn't always bring it in his stand up. One of the best things he has ever done was the James Lipton interview. Just seems like a funny and witty type guy.

I'd have to go with Chris Rock just because he's still somewhat relative in todays world.

Although, IDK if any comedian will ever have the kind of buzz Chappelle had when his show was on. Damn shame how it all ended for him though.

Dave. Easily.

Chris Rock stopped being funny in 99.
So why wouldn't you just compare the two while they WERE in their primes?

Flip of the coin matchup. Both are Hall of Famers. First Ballot. Pointless argument.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom