Cleaning face with alcohol, yay or nay??

I heard that cleaning your face with alcohol can leave scars, but I also heard it cleanses it really well.

I have yet to actually try it since I just use Noxzema and regular soap, but I was curious if it really works?

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

It will dry your skin out. It's too harsh for the skin on your face.

It will if you do it too much in one day. Once a day = Ok.
happy.gif

Using "regular" soap on your face is a bad move as is using alcohol on your face. Chances are if you can buy it in a chain store it's not goodfor your face either (Noxzema).

Even once a day is not okay. It is much too harsh for your face.

Try a toner such as the Clinique clarifying lotion:
d_200708_wn_3step_marketing_img5.jpg

It is much less harsh on your face as they have different formulas for different skin types, but still cleans very well.

That instantly removes the natural oils and moisture from your skin (which is important in order to keep it healthy) and practically burns off your epidermisand also affects the layer right below (dermis). It's in no way good for you. Not even once a day. For small areas it may not be as harmful, but youshouldn't be cleaning large parts of your skin with alcohol.

Yeah try witch hazel. It's an astringent which contains some alcohol but it doesn't dry out your skin.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

That instantly removes the natural oils and moisture from your skin (which is important in order to keep it healthy) and practically burns off your epidermis and also affects the layer right below (dermis). It's in no way good for you. Not even once a day. For small areas it may not be as harmful, but you shouldn't be cleaning large parts of your skin with alcohol.

laugh.gif

Dude, don't come in here with those facts and common sense. NT is allergic to that ****.

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

try witch hazel
Yup yup...Use face-wash in the shower, then when u get out of the shower apply Witch Hazel on a cotton-ball and apply to your face and neck...

My face is as smoooooth as milk
pimp.gif

try a bottle of 151, it will leave a deep burn but it's better than a chemical peel, or better yet, try Everclear.

everyone here is really not answering the question...

it depends on you...

some people respond really well to alcohol on there face in relation to getting rid of acne...

it depends on your skin...

for me alcohol works really well...

I use clean & clear in the shower and OXY cleansing pads after to keep my baby-face.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

Whats the best way to fade blemishes?
Time...

salicylc acid (sp)

if you can get it in a clear gel thats perfect...

sometimes the face washes aren't as affective...

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

word to Patrick Bateman

Try witch hazel with a good cleanser. The thing is your pores are open, and you need to foucus on closing them and cleansing them. Cold water is good for thattoo.

Originally Posted by artysm

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

word to Patrick Bateman

wow you beat me by eleven minutes...I'm mad
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom