Cleveland Cavs Season Thread- No Market Incentives in new LBJ/Nike Deal...pg.27

Good seats for opening night vs Boston?

$100 each

2my23rk.jpg

Initial starting lineup probably won't include troubled Delonte West

By George M. Thomas
Beacon Journal sports writer

POSTED: 09:04 p.m. EDT, Oct 19, 2009

INDEPENDENCE: Ask Cavaliers coach Mike Brown what needs to improve in the final two preseason games and a laundry list of issues comes rolling off his tongue.

The Cavs get to work on all of them for a significant amount of time beginning Tuesday. They have two preseason games left, against the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday and the Boston Celtics on Wednesday, and some questions remain, primarily because of injuries and illness.

Mo Williams has played little because Brown elected to rest him and his sore groin. Had the Cavs been in the regular season, Williams would have likely played, Brown said after today's practice.

As it stands now, all of the Cavs' starters should get substantial minutes in the remaining preseason games just so Brown can get a feel for how his rotation stands.

Right now, the starting five consists of LeBron James, Anderson Varejao, Shaquille O'Neal, Anthony Parker and Williams.

Notice the one name missing: Delonte West.

Given West's personal issues, as he continues to battle bipolar disorder, that's to be expected.

What is uncertain is whether West, an important gear in the Cavs' drive to win 66 games last season, will appear in either of the remaining two games. Brown said it's not important that West get back on the court right away.

''Eventually it will happen, and when it does, the people who are in place to monitor him will let me know,'' Brown said.

What remains important, he said, is West's health.

''I'd like to see whatever is best for Delonte and I haven't been involved enough in the process to say I'd like to see him out on the floor,'' he said. ''That would not be fair of me to say that not knowing everything going on. If he gets playing time, great. If he doesn't because there are things he's got to get taken care of, great. I'm all for it.''

What is clear from Brown's comments is that West will have to earn his playing time when he does return.

''He may get minutes,'' Brown said. ''He's started for us before. Obviously, he won't start for us. Can he earn it? Yeah, he can possibly earn it. I'd try like the dickens to get him some minutes.''

The PD report had a very different take on the same exchange. So perhaps this has partially to do with George Thomas (Beacon Journal) vs. Mary Schmitt Boyer(Plain Dealer), as opposed to Mike Brown.
Asked if he'd like to see West play before the season starts, Brown said, "I'd like to see whatever's best for Delonte. ... He looks good on both ends of the floor. It's just a matter of time before he gets out on the floor."

Brown said West wouldn't start when he returns, but didn't rule out him regaining his starting shooting guard spot at some point.

SOURCE

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Good seats for opening night vs Boston?

$100 each

2my23rk.jpg
eek.gif

I love flashseats, too bad I have class till 630 that day in Akon, although game starts at 730, I hate going to Akron from Downtown Cleveland (work) then backto Downtown Cleveland

get those seats man! thats a no brainer seriously.

i just got my paper tix converted to flash and will be selling about 20 games too, flash is the way to go. a lot easier

see you all there tuesday

Get those tix OC...that's gonna be a real good game on Tuesday.

On another note, is anyone in Cleveland hiring?
laugh.gif
I'm about to apply for a part-time editing job at a Marketing firm...I seriously gotta find somethingsoon...want my own place in Coventry, etc.

coventry is nice. did you get that PM i sent you? i know another person that got hired over there and now does a lot of traveling around the northeast. i guessi cant complain about work too much...keep lookin man!

BTW...Be on the look out for my Cavs shirts i am designing...i will fill you guys in when we finalize them and start the printing!!!!

Granted it's preseason, but I was at the Celtics/Cavs game last night and the Celtics looked MUCH better than the Cavs, even without Garnett and Allenplaying. There's still something missing from this team.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Granted it's preseason, but I was at the Celtics/Cavs game last night and the Celtics looked MUCH better than the Cavs, even without Garnett and Allen playing. There's still something missing from this team.

Delonte West...

LeBron James may be the "best player ever" says David Stern, who hopes James stays in Cleveland

By Starting Blocks
October 22, 2009, 5:28PM
Tracy Boulian, The Plain Dealer

Cavaliers forward LeBron James gets quite a compliment from NBA commissioner David Stern.NBA commissioner David Stern says Cleveland Cavaliers forward and league MVP LeBron James "may be the best player ever to descend to this planet," and hopes that James will play out his NBA career in Cleveland.

Stern made the comments in an interview for "The $ports Take" with Rick Horrow, known as "The Sports Professor." The complete interview with Stern will be shown next Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time on the Versus television network.

Says Stern about James: "You know, he hasn't won anything yet but he may be the best player ever to descend to this planet. It's a delight to watch him; it's a delight to watch him grow, to see his width and breadth, in terms of his interest and capacities. He's a great kid and a great player."

Referring to observers who claim James is over-rated, Stern says, with a reference to Michael Jordan: "He may be the best player ever to have played. Michael might dispute that, but he has a lot of canvas yet on which to paint. I have no doubt the picture is going to be beautiful."

James can become an unrestricted free agent after this season. Asked if he has any guess where James will play next season and beyond, Stern replies: "None whatsoever, although I hope it's in Cleveland."

Stern also comments on other NBA issues and events during his lengthy career as commissioner.

"The $ports Take" made its debut in August and concentrates on the business aspects of sports. Mike Reynolds wrote about the show during the summer for Multichannel News.

Wrote Reynolds, in part, and referring to the host:

Horrow has authored more than 100 deals in sports and other infrastructure projects with a total worth of more than $13 billion. He has served as visiting expert on sports law at The Harvard Law School and also provides insight as the sports business analyst for CNN, Fox Sports, BusinessWeek and the BBC.
Link

^I didnt go
laugh.gif
, i reside in San Francisco now but all of my friends went.They said Lebron was reppin' Cleveland righteously. Shaq went on stage too.

The Cavaliers have been in contact with veteran point guard Antonio Daniels, a league source said.

Daniels, 34, was waived on Friday by the Minnesota Timberwolves. He won't clear waivers until Tuesday.

The Columbus native agreed to a buyout of his $6.6 million contract with the Timberwolves.
The 6-foot-4, 205-pounder has averaged 7.6 points and 3.4 assists in his 12-year career.

Agent Tony Dutt didn't return a phone message.

A source said Daniels would like to sign for the veteran's minimum of $1,306,455, guaranteed for the year.

Daniels, who attended Bowling Green, can play both guard spots.

Brown's rotation

Coach Mike Brown said he's working through his rotation for the season opener on Tuesday against Boston.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do rotation-wise," he said. "I'm going to experiment with it for a while. Since our (preseason) game against Boston (on Wednesday), I've put together five or six different minutes' sheets."

He's toying with an eight-to 10-man rotation.

Brown said he's not sure if Delonte West will play against the Celtics. He didn't play one minute in the preseason, as he deals with personal problems.

West has yet to get the green light to play.

Cavs forward LeBron James hopes to have West for Tuesday's game.

"He's huge," he said. "He's a big part of our team. He's just as important as Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal and I).

"He's still getting comfortable. It's tough to take a couple weeks off from training camp and then come back 100 percent. He's going to help us when he gets back to form. We don't want him to rush anything."

http://news-herald.com/ar.../24/sports/nh1607844.txt

i like the move
pimp.gif

I posted this in the music thread but figure I post it here too, Lebron let me down at the HOV concert:

Lebron came out to about the 3rd or 4th song which was give it to me, danced for a couple songs and then went to the side of the stage to dance with his boys.

After not dancing for a couple of songs, soon as EMPIRE STATE OF MIND comes on.....he comes back on stage and was repping it little too much, which had me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

HOV stopped the song after the first verse because he felt the crowd wasn't crazy enough, he started it again and it was insane

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I posted this in the music thread but figure I post it here too, Lebron let me down at the HOV concert:

Lebron came out to about the 3rd or 4th song which was give it to me, danced for a couple songs and then went to the side of the stage to dance with his boys.

After not dancing for a couple of songs, soon as EMPIRE STATE OF MIND comes on.....he comes back on stage and was repping it little too much, which had me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

HOV stopped the song after the first verse because he felt the crowd wasn't crazy enough, he started it again and it was insane

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

nah bro $%*+ out of here. lebron never does anything to disrespect Cleveland. you reading to much into it.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

lol

What'd lebron do when Jigga said "if Jeezy's payin Lebron I'm payin Dwyane wade"?

tell me if i am wrong but its just a refrence to 23/24 by jeezy...no shots either way?

Back
Top Bottom