Cleveland Cavs Season Thread- No Market Incentives in new LBJ/Nike Deal...pg.27

Originally Posted by aar1002

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

lol

What'd lebron do when Jigga said "if Jeezy's payin Lebron I'm payin Dwyane wade"?

tell me if i am wrong but its just a refrence to 23/24 by jeezy...no shots either way?
Correct.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

lol

What'd lebron do when Jigga said "if Jeezy's payin Lebron I'm payin Dwyane wade"?
Lebron was next to him and he pointed to him and then they both yelled "Im Paying Dwayne Wade"

He also pointed to him when he said: :"Long Live the King, yo, I'm from the Empire State"

Big Split: Cleveland Cavalier Delonte West's Divorce Drama

Updated: Oct 25, 2009 9:11 PM

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Cavaliers player Delonte West and his wife reportedly got into a spat Saturday evening that ended with West's wife filing a domestic violence report.

The two reportedly fought at their apartment when Delonte tried to take her wedding ring off. Mrs. West left their home and headed to Cleveland Hopkin's International Airport, where she filed a domestic violence report.

Cleveland Police tell 19 Action News there were no signs of abuse or injury. Mrs. West then got on her flight and flew out of Cleveland.

Tad Carper, Vice President of Communciatons with the Cleveland Cavaliers tells 19 Action News "the team was contacted and is aware of the situation but declined any further comment."

tired.gif

frown.gif

i gotta upload some videos, i got most of the Jay concert on the camera. i dont remember shaq being on stage at all, jay just said stop the music, diesel inthe audience and the camera went to him, he never went on stage.

cant wait, tuesday is almost here

Delonte has a bit of history with domestic violence since HS. One chick tried to kill him a while back...

Yes I'm using my imagination, but is it possible they were fighting when Delonte was off his meds and caught with the guns? I've said all along Ithought he was going to commit suicide that night he was caught, and if she told him she was leaving it's very possible. Or was he going to threaten her?Threaten/kill someone hooking up with her? I don't like the situation either way and if Antonio Daniels is available I say go after him. I don't seeDelonte recovering from this and playing well this season and there's no way we can trade him at this point.

I'm assuming AP starts tomorrow, and it's being reported the Cavs have made Antonio Daniels an offer...this Delonte thing is a MESS, just as Ipredicted.

Windhorst Beat Blog: Early season is like a cross-country drive
By Brian Windhorst
October 28, 2009, 11:55PM

Frank Gunn/Canadian Press

Toronto's Chris Bosh out muscled Zydrunas Ilgauskas for this loose ball in the first half Wednesday night. That was a common theme in the Raptors' 101-91 victory, especially as they built an 18-point lead at halftime.

TORONTO -- Observations on falling to 0-2.

• The mood within the locker room following the loss was mostly stunned silence. They know they are not very good right now and that is something they understand, but the amount of work they're going to have to do to get where they need to be is sinking in. Mo Williams said it was like being on an 18-hour drive and being in the seventh or eighth hour, knowing how much more is ahead. I like the analogy but disagree with the timing, I'm not sure the Cavs have hit the first rest stop yet. They have, however, hit the first speed bumps.

• After the game, Mike Brown had a long meeting in the locker room with GM Danny Ferry and assistant GM Lance Blanks, I assume talking about the game. I'm not sure what was said but there was a lot to go over. For the first time in his five years as the coach the locker room opened to the media before Brown spoke, indicating how drawn out the discussion was. It will probably continue for the next few days.

• If you were able to stand watching the second half you saw exactly what the Cavs are going through. In the third quarter, the Cavs played small ball with shooters surrounding LeBron James with Shaquille O'Neal and then Anderson Varejao as the big man. This is how the Cavs played often dating back to 2007 and you could see LeBron, Williams, Varejao and Daniel Gibson fall into a comfort zone at both ends. Shaq and Anthony Parker figured it out, too, mostly because they understood it. James was setting everyone up and it got them more into the game defensively and Varejao got on Andrea Bargnani's nerves and drew a few fouls and the Cavs were rolling. The old Cavs.

Then in the fourth things changed, substutions had to be made, and the Cavs played big with O'Neal and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. I was taken aback by this, I didn't think the Cavs could stay small and James needed to rest some, but I didn't think they'd go back so big. After all, Chris Bosh and Bargnani ripped that setup in the first half. I asked Brown why he did it and he said because it worked in the fourth quarter last night against Boston. It did work then but Boston doesn't have two guys like the Raptors do. The Cavs didn't look comfortable with it, after all it was the second game trying this out and virtually no one on the floor has played with two 7-foot plodding centers before. Within seconds, Bargnani had shaken loose and nailed a 3-pointer and the Raptors were up 10 and good to go. Comfort vs. discomfort, easy to see in the results. That includes James, by the way. When he's in the game with those two he doesn't know what to do either.

• Defensively the Cavs are giving a limited effort right now. They are breaking early by allowing the ball to get into the middle of the floor, which is hard for them to recover from. But they are not following it up with effort. Tuesday they had five blocks in the first quarter. They have six in the seven quarters since. The Cavs' help defense is awesome when it is right, now it is weak.

• On a positive note, the bench played much better. It was only outscored 27-26. Hmmm, maybe not that much better. Jamario Moon played well with nine points and six rebounds and Daniel Gibson made four 3-pointers. If things go according to plan and Parker is coming off the bench, they'll improve. By the way, Brown's hook for J.J. Hickson is in midseason form. He's yanked him quickly in both the first games and he hasn't gotten more than five minutes. I might have liked to see him more against the Raptors' athletic big men. Maybe that was brought up in the meeting.

Third quarter: Raptors 78, Cavs 71

* Mike Brown deployed a small lineup in the third quarter to slow down Bargnani and then put LeBron at point guard with shooters around him and went to a standard high pick-and-roll offense. It is something he's gone to with success in the past. It worked, the shooters started to make shots and the smaller defense was effective. Andy Varejao drew two offensive fouls from Bargnani and he went to the bench. Mo Williams had nine points and LeBron had five assists. He's on pace for his 25th triple double with 18 points, seven rebounds and 10 assists. But late in the quarter the ball movement stopped and LeBron held onto the ball more. May not work much longer.

* Will be very interesting to see what Brown does with his rotation at this point. He took LeBron out late in quarter to get some extra rest. Also it will not be effective to go back to Z and Shaq together, I don't think. The pace is going to change and this is danger of playing small, you can't do it forever. Cavs need Mo Williams and Shaq, both who have four fouls, to get some baskets while LeBron rests. Might be time to pound it to Shaq and have him look to take advantage of double teams and kick it out.

* Chris Bosh is having a great game but you can see the rest of the Raptors tightening up and leaning on him more and more. Let's see if their big ticket man, Turkoglu, can impact the game late like he did so often in Orlando.

Halftime: Raptors 57, Cavs 39

* It is honestly difficult to judge which was worse in the first half for the Cavs, the offense or defense. It is obvious they are struggling with building chemistry on the floor and that makes some sense, but it does not explain the effort and execution level. A handful of players were simply awful in the first half. Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Daniel Gibson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao are a combined 4-of-25 shooting. And, folks, these are not the Boston Celtics the Cavs are playing.

* The offense is a complete mess. I'm not sure what they are attempting to run but they are having a difficult time just getting in position to run a pick-and-roll. At the end of the half, LeBron got angry and tried to take over, which is not the answer. Early in the game, the Raptors were triple-teaming Shaq and leaving everyone else. Shaq didn't move the ball and didn't convert much. But seeing his teammates shoot, I kind of don't blame him for passing.

* The Cavs have tried five different defenders on Andrea Bargnani and he's scored on them all, including LeBron. He's been great and so has the other Italian, Marco Belinelli, who drove down the lane and dunked while three Cavs stood and watched, prompting an angry Mike Brown timeout. The Cavs had better be game planning for Bargnani in the second half in the locker room. Hedo Turkoglu has been a non-factor in this game and the Cavs are still down 20.

* Let me sum up fhe first half. Mo Williams called a timeout with 1:12 left to retain a possession after he started to fall down. The Cavs had already used their 20-second timeout in the half and so they had to use a full one. One they will now not have in the second half.

First quarter: Raptors 27, Cavs 22

• I was stunned over the summer when the Raptors gave Andrea Bargnani a five-year, $50 million extension. He's living up to it so far, as the Raptors are winning the center mismatch equation. Bargnani has 13 points, though some of it came against Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao and not just Shaq. The Cavs went to Shaq early, it took James seven minutes to take his second shot while Shaq went to work. O'Neal has six points.

• LeBron played a pretty good all around quarter, he was setting teammates up and had five assists and it did encourage ball movement. Though the Cavs moved the ball nicely in the first quarter last night, too.

• As expected, Jose Calderon is messing with the Cavs' defense. He's getting inside and dishing and setting guys up. The Raptors went small late in the quarter with Jarrett Jack and Calderon out there and Amir Johnson playing center.

• Varejao was hogging the ball. He had to leave the game after getting hit in the face but perhaps that slap was needed as he was 0-for-4 while trying to create off the dribble. I go back to my long-stated suggestion that the Cavs issue a fine whenever Andy dribbles the ball. With each dribble, his shooting percentage decreases roughly 10 points. He was a major reason the Cavs shot just 33 percent that quarter.

• Daniel Gibson is 0-for-2 on technical free throws now, he's done with that for a while.
Associated Press file photo

Shaquille O'Neal and the Cavaliers need to work on some of the matchup problems that showed in Tuesday's opener againsts the Boston Celtics.
Pregame from Toronto:

Projected starting lineups

Cavs: Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, LeBron James, Anderson Varejao, Shaquille O'Neal

Raptors: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani

Officials: Greg Willard, Sean Corbin, Tommy Nunez

• The Raptors have one of the tallest starting lineups in the NBA, but no true center. This creates advantages and disadvantages for the Cavs. First, Toronto is going to have a tough time handling O'Neal and they will almost certainly have to double-team him. Last night in the opener, the Cavs didn't react to double teams very well and didn't move the ball well. If they move the ball tonight when it comes they'll get open shots. The flip side is both Bosh and Bargnani like to float and will go outside and shoot. O'Neal and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are not effective defending out there, which showed last night trying to guard Rasheed Wallace. The Raptors' big men are going to challenge the Cavs, who might go to a quicker lineup with James and Jamario Moon out there with Varejao at times, I suspect.

• If the Raptors watched the Magic series last season, they'll know to put Turkoglu in pick-and-rolls with Bosh and Bargnani because the Cavs couldn't defend him in the playoffs. With Moon and Parker, former Raptors making homecomings, the Cavs are better equipped to deal with the 6-10 Turkoglu. We'll see, Hedo did not play all that well in the preseason.

• The Raptors have three small, super-quick point guards in Calderon, Marcus Banks and Jarrett Jack. The Cavs' defense struggles when a player can dribble into the middle past his perimeter defender, as Rajon Rondo showed last night when he racked up 10 assists. Mo Williams might be able to hold his own at times, but without Delonte West -- and there's no indication West will be able to play -- there's going to be some problems there. The Cavs simply have to be better defensively as a unit than they were against the Celtics and this is going to be a challenge.

• You would expect James to have a huge game against the Raptors -- they don't have anyone to guard him and while they have good size, their basket defenders aren't top notch. However, coming off the most minutes he's played since June we'll see how much is left in James' legs. Same goes for Parker, who logged a lot of minutes in the opener as well."

Meeting with Ferry.... wow. I wounder what that was actually about? even Windy does not know.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....s_at_ra_1.html

i am so suprised that we arent playing good defense but then again we dont have our best defender....last year we were so great because of our d and justcouldnt get any stops when it counted in the last two games
smh.gif

lets turn this around...remember were did start 1-2 last year

^%%+@ that. I can live with 0-2, but not in this fashion. No hustle on D and no ball movement on O because we have no plays comes down to the coach if you askme. Get Mike Brown out of here NOW and make an offer to ANY decent coach available (Doug Collins, Jeff van Gundy, Mike Fratello). Losing Kuester was CLEARLYthe biggest offseason move and now we're paying for it. This team WILL NOT and CANNOT win a championship with Mike Brown.

Trade talks with GS for Stephen Jackson are apparently heating up...I've said it before and I'll say it again: it doesn't matter who we throw outthere, our Offensive sets are G A R B A G E.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Trade talks with GS for Stephen Jackson are apparently heating up...I've said it before and I'll say it again: it doesn't matter who we throw out there, our Offensive sets are G A R B A G E.
trading for who?

I hope it's for anthony parker/jamario moon and NOT delonte west.
that being said, DELONTE COME BACK!!!

First of all, Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. Its not his fault that Shaq cant set the pick and roll at the right time. We need a good offensivecoordinator.

Mo Williams needs to get the ball moving on offense. THERES NO MOVEMENT ON OFFENSE!!

and this:

If you were able to stand watching the second half you saw exactly what the Cavs are going through. In the third quarter, the Cavs played small ball with shooters surrounding LeBron James with Shaquille O'Neal and then Anderson Varejao as the big man. This is how the Cavs played often dating back to 2007 and you could see LeBron, Williams, Varejao and Daniel Gibson fall into a comfort zone at both ends. Shaq and Anthony Parker figured it out, too, mostly because they understood it. James was setting everyone up and it got them more into the game defensively and Varejao got on Andrea Bargnani's nerves and drew a few fouls and the Cavs were rolling. The old Cavs.

Is how our offense should be.

1. Williams
2. Gibson
3. Lebron
4.Varejao
5. Shaq.

^That lineup right there can be quick and at the same time big. It worked! We outscored the Raptors 32-21 in the third quarter. Take Parker out the startinglineup, throw Gibson in there. Period.

AT you couldn't have said it better.

Grab up Jackson some how for AP since he's trash. Get back Delonte. Gibson as mo will's backup and stephen jackson as delonte's.
pimp.gif

oh, and put it JJ Hickson to keep up with the more athletic fowards.

^^^GS wants Z, but CLE doesn't want to give him up as we have no proven center beyond Z on the bench.

AnimalThug: Didn't you see last year's ECF? Or the Boston game on Tuesday? Mo and Boobie would get killed on D: both in rotating to defend the 3-balland on the low block. And you want movement on O? How about the coaches designing some sets?

We arguably have the most athletically gifted player in all of professional sports running our offense...and he stands...and stands...and stands.

Heres a perfect example of horrible SHAQ�defense. Check 1:02-1:06. Calderon drives baseline, both Mo and Boobie surround Calderon and even LEBRON comes fromoutside the key to help but it was too late...

..WHATS SHAQ DOIN!??
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom