Closed

Franchise qbs dont seem to show themselves prior to the draft. Cam and Luck i think are the most recent ones..

Rgiii ?? cant say is one...honestly feels like your gambling on something that used to be a easy clear cut choice to make. 

seems Qbs dont match there hype..Johnny feels like a gamble to me. The kid plays so reckless.

If we took a qb 1st rd Teddy seems acceptable.  I rather defense tho 

I'd rather not use a 1st/2nd on a QB if Johnny or Teddy don't slide to our pick. Bortles has an arm but I just don't know about the kid.

i want khalil mack in the first round, but idk where that leaves us with the qb situation

i want khalil mack in the first round, but idk where that leaves us with the qb situation

Mettenberger/McCarron/Boyd type players will slide to our pick in the 2nd. Not sure exactly how much competition they'd provide for McG.

For me I'd be down for Manziel or Carr.

On another note: Anyone interested to see Jared Allen playing alongside Houston?

I'm anticipating that we'll have to overspend on a couple of FA targets if only because of the stigma that still surrounds this team. Jared Allen could be one of those FAs if his agent plays his cards right.

Why not stick with McGloin?
He makes all the throws and will only get better.
What more does a QB have to do to deserve the keys?
Lets trade down a bit and just get oline/dline studs and defensive playmakers.
All the QBs in the draft are Sam Bradford and RGIIIesque...not good enough.

"Put in Matt, Put in Matt"-Raider Fans week 17

I like Jared Allen especially since he grew up a Raiders fan.

Last edited:
yeah he single handedly took the bengals to the post season. crazy how he was able to do that as their running backs coach yet he was not able to it as our head coach.

Last edited:
Andy Dalton will flourish under Hue, calling it now, Bengals top 5 Offense next season with Hue dialing up plays! good for Hue. Now back to the Silver and Black..... Jared Allen would be a great pick up.

yeah he single handedly took the bengals to the post season. crazy how he was able to do that as their running backs coach yet he was not able to it as our head coach.

You mean false start penalties, holding penalties, pass interference penalties, Stanford Routt, Chuck Bresnahan, special teams giving away a Richard Goodman 105 touchdown kick return at home?

Hue threw the team under the bus after the game and did it while being Hue.

Hope he has a good time with the Bengals offense and can get into the postseason.

I think HNL was being sarcastic.

Hue was all bells and whistles and nothing else. Can run a pretty offense but should not be a head coach anywhere.

You guys are nuts

Matt McGloin? :lol:

Holy **** we fans are blinded. Jared Allen? HOW DOES HE HELP US

That is not how you build a team!!!!!

Mettenberger/McCarron/Boyd type players will slide to our pick in the 2nd. Not sure exactly how much competition they'd provide for McG.

We are not taking any of those QB's. Please be realistic. Maybe in the 6th or 7th round, but NOT in the 2nd

If we take a QB we will be trading up

You guys are nuts

By bringing his 11.5 sacks he got this year paired with the 6 that Lamar Houston got and 5.5 Nick Roach had. Granted he's on the other side of 30 now. But he still has ability to disrupt the pocket on the line. Get some guys that can disrupt a QBs timing and see the likes of DJ Hayden flourish.

Not sold on McGloin either...But I'll give him a shot if he's what they got and a full training camp with the first team in him.

You guys are nuts

How does he help us? The team had didn't have a single consistent player that could put pressure on the QB that's how he helps us. Pass rush is one of the biggest holes on this team. Houston was the best player in that department and he went ghost the second half of the year and might not even come back. Unless you'd like to see Jack Crawford be our lead DE.

We are not taking any of those QB's. Please be realistic. Maybe in the 6th or 7th round, but NOT in the 2nd

If we take a QB we will be trading up

How am I being unrealistic? I didn't say they'd draft one of them I just said who'd be there. All the beat writers have said we're likely taking a QB in the first or second. If you want competition between a signed has-been, McGloin and a 6th/7th rounder whatever I guess. The team doesn't have many assets to trade to move up unless Reggie moves one of the high round picks, but he covets those picks. I don't know what exactly is "realistic" when nobody has a clue what Reggie is going to do or who he likes.

Glad to see Sparano back. :lol: at him using the Bucs rumor as leverage to get an extra year out of Mark.

Last edited:
I'm comfortable throwing McGloin back out there if we're going to go all in on defense and have our O-line in one piece, or at least outfitted with solid back ups. He can make things happen in the pocket, most any QB can given enough time in there. Our line is solid enough to do that.

Next step to good o-line play is making sure Nix gets the least amount of reps as possible next season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom