COACHELLA 2013 ROLE CALL

Here, checking in!

Parties are going to be epic too! I rented a house with my friend, his girlfriend and all her bi-curious girlfriends

looks pretty weak to tell you the truth...if i can get cheap tickets, i might go though...last year was crazy...

i live in LA, so i'm sure there will be plenty to do in the city the week before Coachella, the week between the two weekends, and the week after...

2chainz?? jesus christ...some of these acts are trash...

its nice to see pusha and action bronson tho..

i might skip out until either Rage daft punk or yeezy headlines...

ahhh the good ol days of coachella

coachella is now just a backdrop for hipster instagram pics..

Going for my 4th year! Bought tickets for week 1 during the Presale. Headliners are decent but the undercards are insane! So good

I don't know what everyone is talking about, this year's line-up is trash compared to previous years. Previous years have had Coldplay, Ye, Jay-Z, Daft Punk, Radiohead, RATM, Prince, the Pixies-- these acts sell out stadiums and are the reason why they can justify the $300+ ticket price.

People getting hyped over Blur now? Stone Roses? Since when are people looking out for those Jurassic 5 homophobes? Phoenix is your day 2 headliner? People shouldn't be dropping top dollar to see bands Phoenix and the xx, among the other major indie acts that are spearheading most of the festival. I like these types of indie acts, but these are bands you pay $35 to see play at a mid-sized venue. What about RHCP? This is their third time headlining Coachella, and didn't they just headline Lollapalooza this past year?

Lettuce be cereal, this year is major dud for Coachella. I think the two weekend thing is a really stupid, and may be why they're having trouble roping in good acts.

Last edited:
I don't know what everyone is talking about, this year's line-up is trash compared to previous years.

Previous years have had Coldplay, Ye, Jay-Z, Daft Punk, Radiohead, RATM, Prince, the Pixies-- these acts sell out stadiums. People getting hyped over Blur? Stone Roses? Phoenix is your day 2 headliner? People shouldn't be dropping top dollar to see Phoenix and the xx. I like them both a lot, but these are bands you pay $35 to see play at a mid-sized venue.

I agree the headliners for this year isn't as strong as past years shows, but the show as a whole is awesome. (The mid tier acts are nuts.)
I think going to shows like coachella is to discover new music and listen to something you wouldn't have normally, not just for the headliner.

I don't know what everyone is talking about, this year's line-up is trash compared to previous years. Previous years have had Coldplay, Ye, Jay-Z, Daft Punk, Radiohead, RATM, Prince, the Pixies-- these acts sell out stadiums and are the reason why they can justify the $300+ ticket price.

People getting hyped over Blur now? Stone Roses? Since when are people looking out for those Jurassic 5 homophobes? Phoenix is your day 2 headliner? People shouldn't be dropping top dollar to see bands Phoenix and the xx, among the other major indie acts that are spearheading most of the festival. I like these types of indie acts, but these are bands you pay $35 to see play at a mid-sized venue. What about RHCP? This is their third time headlining Coachella, and didn't they just headline Lollapalooza this past year?

Lettuce be cereal, this year is major dud for Coachella. I think the two weekend thing is a really stupid, and may be why they're having trouble roping in good acts.

its too damn much for these people,

you can pay 20 bux on the same week and see them in nearby clubs, where it isnt 110 degrees either..

they know they can charge this much cause most of these people attending dont even know who half of these acts are  and probably werent alive when they were relevant..

when i see the people that come into town now..as opposed to 4 years ago or so...now its all teenagers, all i saw last year were teenage white chicks with indian headdresses shirtless douchebags,and odd future fans 
mean.gif

im also sure that if yeezy rage or daft punk were to return goldenvoice will charge another 100 bucks too..

you used to able to buy tickets for individual days back then..now they get you by the balls so they can make the money back they blew on some old washedup geezers..

Im there week 2, i agree about the headliners but the undercard is where its at, see you guys at the sahara!!

Jesus those line-ups are crazy.

I'm taking a semester off of school so this might be my best shot for a long time. Might try to make it.

I agree with homie...headliners are a letdown this yr...and you can see the mid tier bands for 20 bux at a more intimate venue...I'd go just for the party :smile:

Good to see Portugal the Man on the line-up.

I would go, but I've already seen almost all of the main acts (numerous times for some) and $500 is just way too much without some serious artists I've never seen live.

Phoenix shouldn't be a headliner IMO (great band, just not on that level).

Will not be attending this year. Maybe next. 
frown.gif

I'm just glad I was able to get free tickets last time. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom