Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
View media item 2170509
Can you blame my generation, subjected gentrification, 
Depicting their frustrations over ill instrumentation 
Cause music is the way to convey to you what I'm facing,
Placing my life in front of your eyes for your observation 
Now if you can't relate then maybe you are too complacent, 
Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali statements 

View media item 2170509
It should actually be the opposite. If they come to the realization that they DO hold power when making a political stance they'd do it more often. It's already been said earlier in the thread, but which sponsors are going to be ending their partnerships with athletes because they stood up to social injustice? Bigot CEOs would only be exposing themselves and risking losing revenue from blacks and other minority groups. Brandon Marshall got cut by some credit union but he also got picked up by Russell Simmons, so I'd say that's a come up.

Sammy :x

What gets me is he did that to his entire body.

Bleaching and stripping the melanin off ya own ***. No surprise if he gets that skin cancer.

The self hate is too real.

Funniest thing is that his knuckles and other parts of his hands are still Dominican/black. Can't bleach those parts :lol:

Last edited:

not even popularity - only 500 people polled (we can guess who
eyes.gif
) and we can draw this "conclusion"

not that this points to the greater issue of gentrication in SF
Not defending the study, but I work in statistics, and you certainly need around that number to extrapolate those numbers to a fairly large populous.

the only thing they extrapolated was that conclusion

if all 500 were white would that be a "sound" study?

Last edited:
yea question being how many of those 500 were black?

this is how they play with stats

they coulda polled 1,000 ppl, 10,000 ppl but they wanted that conclusion 

Last edited:
Bruh...why are they kneeling tho.........

Is bowing down considered somehow more defiant than standing up now?
I mean sweet protest and all, if bowing down and kneeling hadn't been one of historys ultimate signs of submission.

I posted why kapernick kneels before. He talked to a serviceman and was told that taking a knee is a sign of respect to them. So he does it now as a way to show the military he's not disrespecting them.

Did he just use that tweet and Kaepernick's popularity to promote a clothing line though?
Funniest thing is that his knuckles and other parts of his hands are still Dominican/black. Can't bleach those parts
"Dominicans aren't black...."

*Goes on to write essay about Dominican history and how they couldn't be less black*

Funniest thing is that his knuckles and other parts of his hands are still Dominican/black. Can't bleach those parts :lol:

Knuckles, elbows, ankles. That **** is gross b, I see it everyday. Then you got people that have allergic reactions to the chemicals and their body has scars, rashes and is red all over. :x

I mean sweet protest and all, if bowing down and kneeling hadn't been one of historys ultimate signs of submission.

That's been posted between all the trolling you were doing the other day.

I understand your in here to troll and all but this is one of the stupidest takes I've seen in here. Do better

I understand your in here to troll and all but this is one of the stupidest takes I've seen in here. Do better

Don't mind him and his durag jokes.

He finds the plight of minorities to be amusing and "sweet and all"

Proof that you haven't really been following this story at all, you're just in here to troll and get a reaction out of people.

[h1]DESCENDANT OF NATIONAL ANTHEM SONGWRITER RIPS COLIN KAEPERNICK[/h1]
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ational-anthem-star-spangled-banner/90374620/

but theres this

“It just broke my heart to think that someone that gets so much money for playing a ballgame, who is half black, half white would do this," said Shirley Carole Isham, a great great great granddaughter of Key’ and whose ancestry was verified by the Daughters of American Revolution in 1977 when she gained membership to the group. “So many of his black race are oppressed, but it’s not by the whites, it’s by their own people. Look who their leaders are, and the president. Has (Barack Obama) done anything for these people?"

Isham, who lives in Longview, Texas, said Kaepernick’s constitutional right to protest in the manner he has is beside the point.

“If he’s not going to honor his country and his countrymen, he’s dishonoring himself,’’ she told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. “This tells you an awful lot about him."
Old hag had the nerve to say this?? I guess she conveniently forgot about that third verse and the fact that her great great great grandfather was a slave owner. SMH.... when these people's viewpoints die off this world will be much better. 

These recent times have really shown me that a LARGE majority of the united States truly feels like this country is a levek playing field, and black folks are making it up in their heads.

People can't seem to wrap their heads around extremely biased folks with this thought process in HR hiring roles, the judicial system, business and home loan lenders etc...

Not to mention your everyday white person that doesn't interact much with black people...

Its like religion:

People can't fathom that other folks have different experiences / beliefs than they do.

Must be nice having the ability to go through life... Ascribing your viewpoints to EVERY PERSON... And never be checked seriously in it. :smh:

Last edited:
Not all descendants of Francis Scott Key share Isham's opinion. Suzanne Key Boyle Herrmann, who is a second cousin of Key, expressed support for Kaepernick.

“He had every right to do what he did,'' said Herrmann, 73, a social worker who lives in Morristown Township, N.J. "And because of what he did it has sparked conversation and conversation is so healthy in this country to have on the issues of equality and rights."

Herrmann said she represented her family in 2014 at the 200th anniversary of Key's writing the national anthem and noted that Key had been a slave owner.

"We as a nation, I think since the anthem was written 202 years ago, have evolved greatly,'' she said. "But I understand protest. I understand how people feel. We have a lot to think about.''

Her own family don't agree with her.

Back
Top Bottom