College vol. How NOT to go broke

Books burn pockets like no other.
You should wait out the first couple weeks of classes to decide if you really need to purchase the books or not.
Last semester I didn't buy any books and ended up doing fine.

Take the same classes as your roommates in order to share books 
pimp.gif

-Shop around for books, most of the time the bookstore is overcharging and you can find it on the net for cheaper. But there are always exceptions.
-Do research studies, it'll be a couple bills here and there with no major commitment.
-See if you can do work study at the library or rec center, while you sit there and study.
-Come up with a side hustle or start a small business.
-Hang around friends who are in similar financial shape and you won't feel peer pressured to spend what you don't have.
-Most college meetings and events have free food to attract an audience. Eat up!

-Shop around for books, most of the time the bookstore is overcharging and you can find it on the net for cheaper. But there are always exceptions.
-Do research studies, it'll be a couple bills here and there with no major commitment.
-See if you can do work study at the library or rec center, while you sit there and study.
-Come up with a side hustle or start a small business.
-Hang around friends who are in similar financial shape and you won't feel peer pressured to spend what you don't have.
-Most college meetings and events have free food to attract an audience. Eat up!

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

dont buy the books

Dont try to hit them little 18+ parties that they charge u 20 to get in to
30t6p3b.gif
..Going out weds-sat will leave u broke quick
Biggest thing id say is shop at WAL-MART

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

dont buy the books

Dont try to hit them little 18+ parties that they charge u 20 to get in to
30t6p3b.gif
..Going out weds-sat will leave u broke quick
Biggest thing id say is shop at WAL-MART

Some good advice in here, haven't read through the whole thread yet but I say use Chegg.com for books if it hasn't been mentioned already. You rent the books and send them back when you're finished, they give you a little box and cover shipping fees when sending them back, they also plant a tree for every book you rent 
pimp.gif

Some good advice in here, haven't read through the whole thread yet but I say use Chegg.com for books if it hasn't been mentioned already. You rent the books and send them back when you're finished, they give you a little box and cover shipping fees when sending them back, they also plant a tree for every book you rent 
pimp.gif

Have parents who buy you everything...

Or work a ridiculous amount of hours..

I am relatively broke so you know what I had..

Have parents who buy you everything...

Or work a ridiculous amount of hours..

I am relatively broke so you know what I had..

Had a well paying job through Pre-med, internships, research, and partying.

Its going to be hard and the average person can't maintain this.

If you have any juice on campus, sell drugs. I'm serious.

Had a well paying job through Pre-med, internships, research, and partying.

Its going to be hard and the average person can't maintain this.

If you have any juice on campus, sell drugs. I'm serious.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

sell weed and adderall

This and quit immediately after you leave.  Dealing after you obtain a degree is for the birds or bosses, in which you wouldn't be at college and or strapped for cash if you were the latter.

I would also suggest keeping all of your notes, tests, quizzes, etc. organized because there's always stragglers that are desperate at the end of the term who'll pay out the $*$ to pass a class, plus you can always offer them to those who haven't taken the class yet.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

sell weed and adderall

This and quit immediately after you leave.  Dealing after you obtain a degree is for the birds or bosses, in which you wouldn't be at college and or strapped for cash if you were the latter.

I would also suggest keeping all of your notes, tests, quizzes, etc. organized because there's always stragglers that are desperate at the end of the term who'll pay out the $*$ to pass a class, plus you can always offer them to those who haven't taken the class yet.

Back
Top Bottom