Confessions

I recently stopped believing in God for the most part. I can't really tell anyone except my best friend because my family is deeply religious and I'm sure it would kill my mom and grandma. I still go to church when I have sundays off and sit there feeling like this is the biggest waste of time ever.

My favorite song right now is Ed Sheeran's Trap Queen cover. :smh:
I think people struggle with that because they think they have to practice faith a certain way, like your family does. If anything, search other ways to look at faith and if you still don't find God, then you should accept it at that point.

As for me, I don't think I'll ever get over the last girl I talked to, just off I never got explanation on why things derailed in about a week.. If that makes any sense. The one that got away. I've accepted it for the most part but will always wonder why.

I pretty much lost all sense of religion and faith I grew up with and while I don't really hide it, it's not something I could ever tell my pops. We're mad close, he knows I don't go to church anymore but he's a very religious and spiritual person. Pops is the person I go to for advice when **** gets rough. He usually steers me in the right direction, but he'll also add in in top of whatever advice something like "just trust in God..." Or something like that. I just say thanks and go along with it. I feel like it would break his heart if he knew I don't believe in anything like that anymore.

I still regret growing up religious in certain ways. I was still into church and all that through HS and most of college. I feel like I missed out on a lot because of it.

@Brolic Scholar
, I always appreciate your wisdom, so I agree with you on this.

He tried to backtrack by asking why the "king of f'ed up humor" (referring to me) got offended.

“When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.” ― Maya Angelou

This definitely applies in your situation.

I've been in the same boat in regards to religion. It's not that I don't believe in God or a higher power, it's that I don't believe what we've been taught in that regard. My whole viewpoint stems from the fact that slaves were taught about God and Jesus and all the great deeds he'd done, Jesus was in Africa, slaves were in Africa, why is that slaves heard nothing about him until European oppressors told them?

I also hate how pastors preach and tell my people to trust in God, etc etc he'll make a way etc etc, they give all the money to the church but receive no blessings; they're still living in poverty. I've never once heard a pastor preach and say that God gave them the ability to go out and strive and make a way for themselves.

Religion is a man made construct, faith isn't imo. I have faith, but question religion.

I think people struggle with that because they think they have to practice faith a certain way, like your family does. If anything, search other ways to look at faith and if you still don't find God, then you should accept it at that point.

As for me, I don't think I'll ever get over the last girl I talked to, just off I never got explanation on why things derailed in about a week.. If that makes any sense. The one that got away. I've accepted it for the most part but will always wonder why.
She was getting piped bro. Anytime a girl breaks it off like that it's her saving you heartbreak... She actually liked you enough to not tell you...

Girl broke up with me for the first time, I usually end relationships, but this one ended in May, and I'm still feeling some type of way...plus with work and school and no social circle it's hard to meet new girls, I'm pretty good looking and have been to the clubs and bars and hooked up with a few since, but I don't know how I feel about the situation.

Plus we both made a trip to LA for a week, and then when we came back and I didnt see her for a month and then she wants to break it off...something good happened in that month, I just know it...then hit me with the I'm not sure if I want to be in a relationship

She was getting piped bro. Anytime a girl breaks it off like that it's her saving you heartbreak... She actually liked you enough to not tell you...

How long was yall together?

Last edited:
Man I need to get over my isecurities. My homie just broke it off with his chick, she was dealing with her ex. Now I'm sitting here like damn! Mine can be 10 feet away from me and I'm like 
nerd.gif
. Mood swings (on my part) are frequent.

I relocated to a new city last year. Things are pretty good here, I now live with my girl and now have the job of my dreams and making the money I wanted to make at this age. The only downside is that I havent made that many friends here. I only hang out with two people mainly, and I used to work with them at the first job I got when I moved here (Old Navy). I miss my friends back in Chicago, but in a way i feel like the friendships changed now that we're older and have different lives now. I wish it was easier meeting people you have things in common with.

Also, I confess that I like living in the past. I also hate change. I often look up old stuff I used to watch back in the day on Youtube because it takes me back to when life had no complications.

I relocated to a new city last year. Things are pretty good here, I now live with my girl and now have the job of my dreams and making the money I wanted to make at this age. The only downside is that I havent made that many friends here. I only hang out with two people mainly, and I used to work with them at the first job I got when I moved here (Old Navy). I miss my friends back in Chicago, but in a way i feel like the friendships changed now that we're older and have different lives now. I wish it was easier meeting people you have things in common with.

Also, I confess that I like living in the past. I also hate change. I often look up old stuff I used to watch back in the day on Youtube because it takes me back to when life had no complications.
Literally exact same **** here. 

Almost 4mths ago i got shot 3 times while in my car with a couple friends. Almost died. As a result of this i still have a bullet lodged in my arm and nerve and sensory damage in my right hand. Also have some legal problems as a result. Ive been having fked ip nightmares since i see myself places i go to and it getting shot. One of those dreams actually came true 3wks after i had the dream. Ive started seeing a dr. I feel like im going crazy i rarely laugh or even smile i zone out and ive come to the realization im not afraid of death or violence anymore. Simply idgaf i just feel empty.

man ive been shot 3 times as well sep 23 2001, man the recovery is a ***** i couldnt walk for 2 years without crutches i had 7 surgery's in less than a year, i couldnt sleep at first i would ask my sister to watch me while i slept i was just scared as hell to sleep i would stay up all night and day and when she get home from school i would sleep then get up when she was going to bed, i would never leave the house only just to go see the doctor and right back, i didnt get a haircut nor shave for about a year after i got shot and thats cuz i started banging my physical therapist i was 18 she was 27 she pick me up and id just hang out at her place ,lol i remember she lied to me and said she was taking me out to eat and she pulled up to my barbers shop and said she had already talked to george(my barber)and he was waiting for me, lol i was scared as hell but i got out and got a haircut man i can still hear the clippers getting stuck in my hair lol he had to cut it down with the scissors first then he used the guards lol, i didnt smile nor laugh either i got real deep into pills vicodin i was taking 60 a week i mixed in weed and cocaine i was always serious and didnt care about anything, i feel pain every time my right foot hits the ground, i cant drive far distances since i got shot in my right butt cheek and right femur other bullet grazed my chest i have pain everyday it sucks but i deal with it,surround yourself with family that always helped me

Yeah man those pills. They had me on mad percs for years because I had a grip of follow up surgeries. I had like 400 percs at one point and I was taking 15 a day, that's how many I got. What really was my **** was seroquil. That damn drug put me in a deeper hole than ever. Never going down that road again.

Last edited:
Literally exact same **** here. 

Common problem, especially symptomatic of post-grad Blues. We've all been there - the key is to really move forward and start doing activities you love to build your network. This is especially true if it's a niche hobby; super easy for me to meet other lifters, basketball players, and even readers.

NT fam,

Its been a minute since i read this thread but it seems as though some of us are doing better while others are slipping deeper into depression or even have other things going on. For some of us its hard to address many of the issues we go through being everyone can't relate. However i believe everyone goes through some form of depression or some sort of struggle in their life to where they have overcome the situation. For the most part fellas keep the faith and fight through whatever it is that is holding you down or back. Live to tell your story, because in the end it'll ultimately help someone else keep the faith and have the courage to fight as well. Love Live LIFE.... be easy fellas!!

As for you fellas that claim to have terrible social skills or even problems meeting and talking to women. EFF bro and just do it. Get out there and break the ice with a simple how are you doing, thus prompting a reply; good... how about you? there is your open window of opportunity to speak freely. no one ever takes it but you can and should. As far as mingling with people you have something common with will come in time. who knows a new friend may turn you on to something that you knew nothing about and now you like it all of a sudden. The worse that can happen is your deemed as weird, but who isn't. EFF EM life goes on. but for the most part play it cool and see how things go with the ladies as well as new friends. its 2015 ask for her damb number already, hell everyone has a phone. then hide behind your text messages to get a feel for her if ur not as wide open as others.

not sure which NT'er said this BUT I'VE BEEN following the motto; "DONT LIMIT YOUR EXPERIENCES"

Last edited:
same exact thing with me, I'm getting better at this and learning to move on with life but sometimes I just get the urges to hit someone up from the past times and talk to them, half of the time I do it when I know I shouldn't but I don't do it as much anymore

Basically what I come to grasp with and moved on from. It was long distance anyway, but still tough to take though L's outta no where.

Really wanted to surprise her.
But as usual, things don't ever go according to plan.
Only god knows.
Whatever, I'm over it

I suppress my feelings about everything. And I don't know how to stop.

Guilt? I can suppress it.

Anxiety? I can suppress it.

Happiness? I can suppress it.

Sadness? I can suppress it.

I suppress everything.
frown.gif

I’m constantly sleeping, i’ve lost my energy. My soul isn’t the same anymore. i dumped friends, i don’t communicate anymore. i’m living the life of silence. I still know my physical being doesn’t belong in America. I need to go back to Nigeria and hopefully my soul and body can operate in tandem, and i can have peace. I’m broke though but taking every step at a time.

Last edited:
i could be wearing moderate to expensive type of clothes (could spend more but I'm not really a fancy cat) but if i took off my shoes, you might see my toes, despite me wearing socks..

i have multiple pairs that i wear with the big toe is out, i just like the socks for some reason...
mean.gif

Last edited:
I’m constantly sleeping, i’ve lost my energy. My soul isn’t the same anymore. i dumped friends, i don’t communicate anymore. i’m living the life of silence. I still know my physical being doesn’t belong in America. I need to go back to Nigeria and hopefully my soul and body can operate in tandem, and i can have peace. I’m broke though but taking every step at a time.

Feel you so much. Where are you located by the way?

i wonder everyday what im gonna do when im walking again

im getting use to this "bum life" right now not by choice obvioiulsy but i legit feel like these old people i mingle with in long term only diff is i stay up later and dont need medication like most/all of them

i talked to my lawyer other day, i dont want to guess numbers but its looking real good, guy actually had good insurance and lawyer knows of 2 bars an already gave them heads up about pending lawsuits ............................not like this pain and suffereing is worth it but whatever hope i dont blow it all. ill prob be a cheap bastard when this is all over, im prob done with sneakers

im actually looking forward to going back to the gym and transforming, watching changes as newb out of shape guy is awesome, unless youre on steroids gym has gotten boring for me especially when you been dieting/bulking for so long, i dont even wanna be a big build anymore just want athletic lean ripped now. so my diet is going to be super clean like my single digit bf days

i havent came since May, my penis still works though

i dont think i trust any woman i was talking to before accident, ill prob be celibate for like a year by time i build my body up agan how i want

this part isnt a confession, but you gotta enjoy life, you never know......people die everyday as us on this message board

im def gonna step my travel game up big time

Damn dude. I was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about that. I'm gathering they were drunk and hit you?

Did you hit your head at all? You don't have to talk about it if you don't feel like it, I'm sure your sick of telling the story.

I was in a bad car accident a while ago. Glad you seem to be alright and will make a full recovery it sounds like? Don't hesitate to hit the pm man. I know being laid up waiting to get better can really **** with you.

Sorry you're going through it. Just wanted to say something once I read you were in a crash.

al audi al audi

Back
Top Bottom