Consequence still mad at 'Ye. This mog is hilarious!

Jesus Walks :wow:

I don't know brahs.. this would lower a lot of peoples opinion of Kanye if they knew.. :smh:

It's no secret. When you listen to any music from anyone, you should automatically assume more than half of it was not written by the artist.

Jesus Walks
eek.gif

I don't know brahs.. this would lower a lot of peoples opinion of Kanye if they knew..
mean.gif

havent thought much of ye for the past 6-7 years. dude REALLY aint **** in my eyes now. lol

always knew he himself wasnt much of a rapper but it seems lately his production has taken a turn for the worse as well. Dudes too caught up in being an A list celeb to give his music the attention it deserves.

he has nothing to offer @ this point besides charisma, an image and maybe fashion sense if yer into that kinda ****.

Stop arguing. Everybody knows Graduation is what made 'Ye
laugh.gif
 At saying Graduation "made" 'Ye.  Seriously?

But you know what if you were born in 94, that means you were like 10-11 when CD and LR dropped so I'm sure in YOUR mind Graduation is what made him, so just go ahead and keep thinking that.

^Right, dude is buggin. Through the Wire and Jesus Walks came out in '03-'04, that's when I remember Kanye really blowing up.

On that note, I hope Kanye wrote Through the Wire at least, considering it's his own first person account :lol:

College Dropout ,Late Reisgtrstion are what made ye .He introduced folks to a young Lupe Fiasco who won't on to drop two great albums .Folks forget that Kanye was the Everyman rapper at first he coulda easily been an nter he talked about being broke ,being young black and working a crispy mall job and struggling with school and his future .He was the product of a post different world gangsta rap era black kid .He was the black middle class embodiment at one point in time young black male with no clue what to do what to stand for bit knew he had to fit in this Boack world some how.
no doubt....I was in HS when college dropout dropped....it was so different and I felt like he was spitting that every day hustling/learning in the white mans world rap  
laugh.gif
 ..I know that doesn't make sense but that **** made me a fan instantly

Mind=blown at that Jesus Walks vid... A lot of interesting infor with Ye selling Rhymefest the beat, then buying it back. Not gonna lie though, seeing Rhymefest rap what was originally his 1st verse hurt a little bit :lol:

View media item 234313

but i mean.. even eminem had some help writing his songs from The Bass Brothers who made most of Eminem's beats. like, those ppl could have contributed in changing like a few words so they flow better, more clearer to understand, etc... we'll never know what %age they wrote.

even if u contribute in changing 1 word, that could affect the whole song.. so u better get listed for that **** n get paid ur royalties for that.. n when a song wins a grammy, it's the writers of the song who win the grammy, not the vocalist, for example, fergie didn't win a grammy for "All of the Lights" however Kid Cudi did although he only wrote like 9 words. fergie didn't write **** she just vocalized, that's why she aint credited as a writer, n thats why she aint get a grammy for that.

EDIT:

things to consider as well:
-cynthia weil has been inducted to the Songwriting Hall of Fame since 2004
- David Walter Foster  wrote for ******g Prince, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, NSYNC, Celine Dion, Beyonce.. dude's a ******g hitmaker...

umm... who knows how much of 'Through The Wire' was not written by 'Ye... damn... he got some legendary ******g writers in music history to write on that record smfh

the writers of the original song are listed when a song contains a sample...

:lol: Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real B

you wildin'
you just said assume every time you ever ever hear a song ever assume the performer didn't write half of it.
that's simply not true. not saying some people, a lot at that, don't have other writers and such but that assumption for everyone is rather stupid.
1. there's an entire section of performers who are impeccable songwriters. so take them out.
2. take every rapper ever...none of them should really be up for GOAT then since they generally don't write more than half of the song, right? oh okay.

Last edited:
^saw that on ICE T's hip-hop doc months ago.

halfway into it i was 100% sure someone else had wrote it.

no doubt....I was in HS when college dropout dropped....it was so different and I felt like he was spitting that every day hustling/learning in the white mans world rap  
laugh.gif

..I know that doesn't make sense but that **** made me a fan instantly

co-sign

:lol: Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real B

you wildin'
you just said assume every time you ever ever hear a song ever assume the performer didn't write half of it.
that's simply not true. not saying some people, a lot at that, don't have other writers and such but that assumption for everyone is rather stupid.
1. there's an entire section of performers who are impeccable songwriters. so take them out.
2. take every rapper ever...none of them should really be up for GOAT then since they generally don't write more than half of the song, right? oh okay.

I will just judge the quality of the music for what it is. But back of my mind, I know there's a high likelihood that it was not all written by that artist. Do I care? Absolutely not, if it's great I will add it to my playlist. Just like when I watch the 100 m dash at the Olympics. I know damn well every finalist probably is juicing. But if the winner is Usain Bolt, then he's the world's fastest man.

laugh.gif
Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real B
you wildin'
I will just judge the quality of the music for what it is. But back of my mind, I know there's a high likelihood that it was not all written by that artist. Do I care? Absolutely not, if it's great I will add it to my playlist. Just like when I watch the 100 m dash at the Olympics. I know damn well every finalist probably is juicing. But if the winner is Usain Bolt, then he's the world's fastest man.
this is the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS right, so we should expect some sort of  this stuff

Just as most actors don't write their own lines or scripts and direct the film, it is similar to an artist that collaborates with others to complete an album, I guess?

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="STR8DROP" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/522252/consequence-still-mad-at-ye-this-mog-is-hilarious/120#post_17063779[/URL]"]
I dont have any of the booklets anymore but according to discogs (not sure on the accuracy) Cons got credit on Say You Will, Amazing, Paranoid, and Robocop from 808s.

Also everybody was saying Gorgeous was one of his best tracks Rhymefest is listed as one of the writers on that. Take what you want from that :rolleyes

I just peeped that. we'll probably never know how much he contributed to the song. kanye say "i might bounce ideas but i dont have writeas (writers)" but if u just bouncin a idea off somebody u dnt have to give them writing credit. either way i think it make ye's pen suspect

*coughs*

(forward to 2:33)

P.S.:
oh ya, this was performed BEFORE kanye paid him 20 stacks to make the song his own... that's some great "bouncing off ideas" to me...
[/quote]Well then...

You kids really don't get it. If the writer was hot he would have a career. America doesn't care about Jesus Walks when Rhymefest performs it. When Kanye spits people pay attention. Same for Consequence. Dude sounds like a jealous clown. "I drove him to the hotel and kept it a secret!" My God, embarrassing.

I'm not disagreeing with you all the way. But some good writers are not good performers, and don't have the delivery or image to be commercially successful. So they are always stuck in that role behind the scenes.

crazy how deep ya'll really going into this

just gives me a different look on Kanye as an Artist

Cats in here givin a pass to kanye for having ghost writers? Lulz

I suppose puff daddy is being held in da same regard then.

Back
Top Bottom