Consequence still mad at 'Ye. This mog is hilarious!

Personally, I gave Diddy a pass on using ghostwriters after he proclaimed, "don't worry if I write rhymes, I write cheques...."

I can respect that in-your-face #boss honesty.

Kanye's oversized ego will never allow him to give credit where it's legitimately due
, however, and for that I can never respect him.

THIS.

LOL at the kanye hate. You can have ur opinion on his music but dude is not a fraud. I don't think there is anyone else in the hip hop industry that works as hard and is as passionate about his work as Kanye. You can argue about raw talent, rhymes, whatever, but there isn't anybody doing shows like The Glow in The Dark Tour or making albums with as much investment in time, energy (Late Registration and MBDTF) as Kanye. Nobody. 

Personally, I gave Diddy a pass on using ghostwriters after he proclaimed, "don't worry if I write rhymes, I write cheques...."

I can respect that in-your-face #boss honesty.

Kanye's oversized ego will never allow him to give credit where it's legitimately due
, however, and for that I can never respect him.

THIS.

Which is why he felt he didn't have to congratulate Consequence on his new born :smh:

LOL at the kanye hate. You can have ur opinion on his music but dude is not a fraud. I don't think there is anyone else in the hip hop industry that works as hard and is as passionate about his work as Kanye. You can argue about raw talent, rhymes, whatever, but there isn't anybody doing shows like The Glow in The Dark Tour or making albums with as much investment in time, energy (Late Registration and MBDTF) as Kanye. Nobody. 

And how do we know for sure he's really that hard working and passionate? Some of the most prominent figures in history portrayed themselves that way like Martin Luther King and Thomas Edison but plagiarized their most well known work.

And how do we know for sure he's really that hard working and passionate? Some of the most prominent figures in history portrayed themselves that way like Martin Luther King and Thomas Edison but plagiarized their most well known work.
In no particular order....some random examples of the guys passion that is extraordinary....

1. Late Registration

2. MBDTF

3. Graduation

4. College Dropout

5. The Glow In The Dark Tour

Even his rants and crying like a baby during award shows, yes he has cry baby tendencies but that is part of the psychology of a workaholic/ego maniac. 

Kanye is smart enough to know that he himself, alone, inside of a room is NOT going to change music for decades. What he understands, and what Dr. Dre understands, is, surrounding yourself with talent, fresh ideas, combined with your incredible work ethic and drive, will keep you successful for over a decade, which is almost unheard of in rap. Ya, looking at the above list, you can say Jon Brion, No I.D, Consequence, DJ Toomp, played huge roles in creating those sounds and albums, but Kanye is the driving force behind it. No one person could singlehandedley create a catalog like that, but a guy with a vision and drive and the ability to put together the talent to create the goal, thats Kanye. I could care less if Consequence wrote a verse here, and Pusha T a verse there, and Jon Brion a melody there, and No I.D a drum pattern there, they were all role players in his vision. 

Last edited:
I heard ************* saying they made Hov
Made Hov say, "Ok so, make another Hov"

funny how all these dudes are irrelevant once ye stop ******g with em

Quite possibly . . .​
Can't wait for the 6th Solo Album to be a classic and y'all will have nothing to say . . . who will be writing his raps now? Big Sean
laugh.gif
? 2 Chainz
laugh.gif
?​
Yes and maybe.
You got proof bruh?

Although I did see that video of a young, young Sean in the studio with a pen and pad coming up with the hook for Champion

Who did he plagiarize from?

Why aren't Cons, Rhymefest, GLC or whoever popping on their own if they were the driving forces behind CD, LR, Grad, and 808s, which were all critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums?

Like dude said, if it was common and not impressive to have the vision and production skill that Ye has (production is more than making a beat too . . . ), then Kanye West wouldn't be the Kanye West.

rhyme fest also wrote gorgeous kanyes best lyrically track as of late

2. "Gorgeous" (featuring Raekwon and Kid Cudi) West, Wilson, Dean, Jones, Che Smith, Corey Woods, Scott Mescudi, Gene Clark, Roger McGuinn Kanye West, No I.D., Mike Dean 5:57

safe to safe if the a rapper is in his producing credits, they wrote the track, whats crazy is that, kanye usually messes with dudes who got they business together, and he cant hide they name, which defeats the claim of him not using a ghosty

Last edited:

Who did he plagiarize from?​

Why aren't Cons, Rhymefest, GLC or whoever popping on their own if they were the driving forces behind CD, LR, Grad, and 808s, which were all critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums?​

Like dude said, if it was common and not impressive to have the vision and production skill that Ye has (production is more than making a beat too . . . ), then Kanye West wouldn't be the Kanye West.​

We discussed this on the last few pages B.

Yea....you said a whole lot that has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he's a "fraud".

You are also buggin' if you think he's the only one puttin' in work like that. From what's been revealed in this thread, apparently it's a team effort.

HA!

EDIT: I just read that last response of yours and literally laughed out loud.

Last edited:
You got proof bruh?​

Although I did see that video of a young, young Sean in the studio with a pen and pad coming up with the hook for Champion​

I think you just gave me proof. HA!

But I did not when I said that. I simply said it because you seemed to find the idea of these guys (or Cudi, or Push, or Com or Cyhi, or whoever) writing for him laughable, when apparently, it's a realistic possibility.

I always assumed that most of the people in Kanye's circle wrote stuff for him here and there, this really ain't nothing new to me. It still doesn't take away from his greatness as a overall artist. Same with Dre but I think Kanye writes a lot more of his stuff than Dre.

Con's wife got that annoying nagging voice :x :lol:

Last edited:
I always assumed that most of the people in Kanye's circle wrote stuff for him here and there, this really ain't nothing new to me. It still doesn't take away from his greatness as a overall artist. Same with Dre but I think Kanye writes a lot more of his stuff than Dre.

Exactly, it doesn't matter and it should be expected that artists dont create every aspect of their work. Cats defending KanYe as if he's their immortal savior.

went thru this thread, read all 9 pages...damn ye...

eek.gif
 @ rhymefest performing jesus walks...

funny thing is, i would almost ALWAYS skip cons and fests verses when i hear them rhyming with ye...the irony ..

OP,i suggest changing the thread title...only reason i clicked it was to find out why a consequence thread was 9 pages...more people need to see this man, great thread.

Oh the Irony of son claiming Graduation made Ye, when it was the very same album that Yeezy bragged about being an elite lyricist.

Also the very same album where synths and brighter melodies were an integral part of the albums impact and success and pretty much the beginning of the brighter sound of hip hop going into the 2010's . . .​

Wow all this time I thought we were all discussing lyrics, I dont even think anyone in this thread attacked his production credibility.
I think we should start

So what you're saying is, I should blame 'Graduation' for how 'WTT' and 'MBDTF' sound?

Man **** Graduation :smh:

LOL WHY DONT U GUYS JUST SAY IT.

HIP HOP AS A GENRE IS FRAUDULENT.

ORRRRRRRR

MAYBE SOME PEOPLE ARE FANS OF YES EARLY STUFF

AND SOME LIKE HIS NEW STUFF

SOME LIKE BOTH.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom