Cops busted down the door with tasers drawn over a noise complaint....

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

So I just had one of the most ridiculous and un-needed experiences of my life. I'm at my buddies house with some people having a couple brews and listen to some music. My buddy who lives there produces beats and so we were just kicking it and listening to his stuff. At a little before midnight two of the buddies left and it was just me and the dude who lives there, who I'm not the greatest friends with but would still consider him a friend. Anyways we keep jamming out in his bedroom of his apartment. We had the music loud, but not over the top. And we also are in a 4 year uni. college town and its summer. So playing music at 12:20 shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. So I'm sitting there and I thought I heard pounding. Stopped to listen and.. nothing. Went back doing what we were doing. And 15 min later I hear it again so this time I tell my buddy that someone is at his door. He hops up to check it out and comes back in saying that its the cops. Well, we were back in his bedroom with the door shut listening to music and his room is basically soundproofed, so we couldn't hear them at the door. I only 'felt' the pounding. The neighbor that lives next door heard the bass and called in a noise complaint (lame, cuz he could have texted the dude who lives there and told him to quiet down). Well, the cops had already been there for a good 20 min or so so by the time we figured out what was going on they were already past the niceties and were already yelling "everyone in there is getting cited, if you come out now it will be less sever". I tell the dude that lives there to just go and answer the door and tell them that were sorry and are both over 21 and will keep it down from now on, but he's like "theres no way I'm gonna open the door and get a citation for playing music a little to loud because its summer and these cops don't have anything better to do and are being lame". He goes on to say how this has happened before and they would just turn the music off and stop and the cops would leave once they realize that all the noise is done for the night. Well like I said these cops weren't having it and they stayed down on the street for the next half hour. Soon, another squad car rolls up. Cop comes back up and this time he talking about arresting people, (i assume he thought there were minors inside drinking, really it was just two of us kicking it). So now I'm like dude just open the door and tell em whats up. But he's not down for that. I know the law and I know that they gotta have a warrant to come inside and by law we don't have to open the door, plus I'm thinking there is no way in hell that the cops are gonna get a search warrant for a noise complaint when we haven't made a peep in the last 45 minutes.
Now things get crazy. After the latest knock, another 2 squad cars roll up and they all start shining their spotlights into the apartment. I'm sitting here like 
eek.gif
 is this really happening over a noise complaint? The cops have now been posted for over an hour and a half easy. This is when my buddy tells me he doesn't want to let them in cuz him and his roommates got a 
pimp.gif
 possession charge at this address like 6 months ago.
I'm like, bro, now I know why they haven't left yet, and now I actually am beginning to believe they are about to get a search warrant. This is when I spring into action and tell him to grab all of his pipes and anything of illegal nature and lock it up in his lock box safe in his closet. Anything of questionable origins was flushed down the toilet. 4+ squad cars are still posted on the street and the cops start CALLING this dudes cell phone. Now I'm like, alright this is messed up I'm about to leave. But the cops are yelling stuff like "everyone in there WILL be arrested and cited now regardless". So I'm like, are they serious, why would I come out now. I haven't done anything illegal, its not my house, I'm just gonna stay and kick it. So eventually, about 2 and a half hours into this STANDOFF they come back to the door (and remind you we haven't made one peep, no music, nothing during this entire time) and they talking about how they have a warrant and if we don't open in 15 second they are coming in. I look at dude and tell him to look to see if they do, cuz if they do just let them in otherwise they coming in anyways. 

Now this is the part I gotta thank NT man. Not to long ago I watched this video someone posted about the things to do if you getting arrested and what not. And the main points I remembered were 1. Don't talk, don't admit or deny anything 2. Ask if you are being charged with a crime 3. Ask if you are free to go 4. Tell them you do not consent to search and seizures. 

This dude starts saying "they bluffing man they just still trying to scare us into coming out so they can write a citation they..." and before he finishes I hear this CRACK. 6 cops bust down the door and rush in with tasers drawn. I'm around the corner and see my boy instantly hit the deck. I get on my knees and put my hands on my head. They make him crawl out into the living room and cuff him. They start yelling, "where is everyone where is everyone" and I just say "its only one person, I'm on my knees with my hands on my head". They tell me to stand up and walk backwards out to the living room. I walk out and they grab and cuff me. They sit us both down and start interrogating us. One cop starts asking us where the bongs are cuz he could smell the water we poured out and there was a carry bag on the floor. I followed the video and just sat there. The other guy on the other hand just starts arguing and talking mess to the cops being a complete idiot. In their apartment they got street signs on the walls, so the cops see them and drop the "theft of city property eh? thats another good move". My dude starts flipping out and I tell him to shut the (@*#$ up and sit quiet. He starts talking about how he thirsty and need a glass a water, and the cop says "thats what happens when you smoke weed, you pothead". I'm sitting here quiet like 
eek.gif
. Then the cop actually gets him a glass of water but puts it in dudes hands... which are cuffed behind his back!! Dude starts freaking like "how am i supposed to edrink this man?" and the cop replies "well let your buddy help you". He tries to get me to help him and I was having none of it. I just told him to sit down and stop it. The head cop finally looks at me after talking to the resident and says "your awfully quiet over there, what do you have to hide". This is when they start shooting off questions and focusing on me. About that time I remember the vid and interrupt the cop and say "Wait officer, am I being charged with a crime?" He kind of looks caught off guard, and goes "well, uhh, you'll have to talk to officer _____ (head cop) about that" so i turn and look at him and repeat, am I being charged. He replies "well no" so then I drop the "well then am I free to go?" and he kind of gives me this look like, alright you smart a**. He asks me if i live here, and i reply no i do not, so he says you can go and walks away. But I'm still in cuffs, and they are all taking pictures and ransacking the place, seizing any piece of stereo equipment or speaker that COULD have made the noise. And remember this dude is a music producer so thats a LOT of moneys worth of stuff. Cop takes me outside and before uncuffing me starts to search me, i stop him and tell him I don't consent to search and seizure. He goes, "oh, ok then" and stops, uncuffs me and tells me to go and get out of here. If he sees me again i will be arrested. He didn't need to tell me twice.

Anyways my boy ended up getting Unlawful amplified noise, interfering and obstructing police duties (i think thats what its called), and theft of city property. On the papers he was giving they were all circled as CRIMES and not as citations. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 but dude kinda got what he deserved.

I know I should have just opened the door and this coulda been avoided, but by time we knew what was going on it was almost to late. And like I said it wasn't my place and the dude was not trying to let me open the door. Thank god I watched that video NT otherwise I would have been sitting in cuffs all night and might have accidentally talked myself into getting something. Overall I think this is pretty ridiculous though, these cops broke down the door with tasers drawn after posting up for 3 hours waiting for a search warrant all over a NOISE COMPLAINT!!!! in a college town!! during summer!! at 12 midnight!! sheesh sorry for the long wall of text but this was a crazy night and I had to post about it and thank whoever that was that posted that video a while back, cuz it saved me. 

cliffs:

-me and dude listening to music

-neighbor makes noise complaint

-dude who lives there doesn't want to let cops in but turns everything off

-cops call for back up and post outside for 2+ hours

-4+ squad cars shining their spotlights in the place and calling dudes cell phone

-say they are gonna get search warrant

-actually GET search warrant

-break down door and 6+ cops rush in and cuff us

-find street signs and nail him for theft of city property

-seize all devices that could have made the noise, and he's a producer so that was big $$$

- I use the knowledge gained from an NT thread to get myself out of the situation scot free 
pimp.gif
You need a new friend cause that guy is probably heading to jail (not for this but most likely he'll be caught again for some other dumb thing and you won't be around to save his %%%). The Law exists to punish the unintelligent and it seems your friend doesn't have a shred of sense 
laugh.gif
. Enjoy your remaining time with him because there's a fork in the road up ahead.

That was an insightful read.
Couldn't you have just went out the backdoor on some peace out homie type steez or were the cops posted up there as well?

Originally Posted by iYen

That was an insightful read.
Couldn't you have just went out the backdoor on some peace out homie type steez or were the cops posted up there as well?

. Anyways we keep jamming out in his bedroom of his apartment.

laugh.gif
Was this in Corvallis or Eugene? Cause I can see Eugene cops pulling a stunt like this.

My man
pimp.gif
Each one, teach one. Way to learn from those how to deal with police vids BUT I gotta say you and your friend are pretty dumb (well you were at first). I mean a noise complaint turned in to that after you find out they got charged for possession months earlier?

You should've dipped out the back once the cops showed up. Your friend seems like the type that's all kinds of dumb. The type that when they realize how serious it is they let you know they're growing bud in a closet and have several illegal firearms under their bed. You aint even that cool with him you should've been out once yall weren't even listening to music anymore.

there is no reason to answer the door.

your story comes off like you should be willy nilly to cooperate with cops cause it will make a 45 minute stop into a 5 min stop which is not necessarily true.

it can make a 45 minute stop into a 2 year stop.

this is abig exception because of the prior at his address, and i still don't understand what the warrant was for, it might not go through in court.

a noise complaint should have nothing to do with anyhting else

crazy story and i think i know the vid youre talking about
it was about what 2 do when getting pulled over.
posteda few weeks ago i think and it covered everythig you mentioned

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

So I just had one of the most ridiculous and un-needed experiences of my life. I'm at my buddies house with some people having a couple brews and listen to some music. My buddy who lives there produces beats and so we were just kicking it and listening to his stuff. At a little before midnight two of the buddies left and it was just me and the dude who lives there, who I'm not the greatest friends with but would still consider him a friend. Anyways we keep jamming out in his bedroom of his apartment. We had the music loud, but not over the top. And we also are in a 4 year uni. college town and its summer. So playing music at 12:20 shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. So I'm sitting there and I thought I heard pounding. Stopped to listen and.. nothing. Went back doing what we were doing. And 15 min later I hear it again so this time I tell my buddy that someone is at his door. He hops up to check it out and comes back in saying that its the cops. Well, we were back in his bedroom with the door shut listening to music and his room is basically soundproofed, so we couldn't hear them at the door. I only 'felt' the pounding. The neighbor that lives next door heard the bass and called in a noise complaint (lame, cuz he could have texted the dude who lives there and told him to quiet down). Well, the cops had already been there for a good 20 min or so so by the time we figured out what was going on they were already past the niceties and were already yelling "everyone in there is getting cited, if you come out now it will be less sever". I tell the dude that lives there to just go and answer the door and tell them that were sorry and are both over 21 and will keep it down from now on, but he's like "theres no way I'm gonna open the door and get a citation for playing music a little to loud because its summer and these cops don't have anything better to do and are being lame". He goes on to say how this has happened before and they would just turn the music off and stop and the cops would leave once they realize that all the noise is done for the night. Well like I said these cops weren't having it and they stayed down on the street for the next half hour. Soon, another squad car rolls up. Cop comes back up and this time he talking about arresting people, (i assume he thought there were minors inside drinking, really it was just two of us kicking it). So now I'm like dude just open the door and tell em whats up. But he's not down for that. I know the law and I know that they gotta have a warrant to come inside and by law we don't have to open the door, plus I'm thinking there is no way in hell that the cops are gonna get a search warrant for a noise complaint when we haven't made a peep in the last 45 minutes.
Now things get crazy. After the latest knock, another 2 squad cars roll up and they all start shining their spotlights into the apartment. I'm sitting here like 
eek.gif
 is this really happening over a noise complaint? The cops have now been posted for over an hour and a half easy. This is when my buddy tells me he doesn't want to let them in cuz him and his roommates got a 
pimp.gif
 possession charge at this address like 6 months ago. I'm like, bro, now I know why they haven't left yet, and now I actually am beginning to believe they are about to get a search warrant. This is when I spring into action and tell him to grab all of his pipes and anything of illegal nature and lock it up in his lock box safe in his closet. Anything of questionable origins was flushed down the toilet. 4+ squad cars are still posted on the street and the cops start CALLING this dudes cell phone. Now I'm like, alright this is messed up I'm about to leave. But the cops are yelling stuff like "everyone in there WILL be arrested and cited now regardless". So I'm like, are they serious, why would I come out now. I haven't done anything illegal, its not my house, I'm just gonna stay and kick it. So eventually, about 2 and a half hours into this STANDOFF they come back to the door (and remind you we haven't made one peep, no music, nothing during this entire time) and they talking about how they have a warrant and if we don't open in 15 second they are coming in. I look at dude and tell him to look to see if they do, cuz if they do just let them in otherwise they coming in anyways. 

Now this is the part I gotta thank NT man. Not to long ago I watched this video someone posted about the things to do if you getting arrested and what not. And the main points I remembered were 1. Don't talk, don't admit or deny anything 2. Ask if you are being charged with a crime 3. Ask if you are free to go 4. Tell them you do not consent to search and seizures. 

This dude starts saying "they bluffing man they just still trying to scare us into coming out so they can write a citation they..." and before he finishes I hear this CRACK. 6 cops bust down the door and rush in with tasers drawn. I'm around the corner and see my boy instantly hit the deck. I get on my knees and put my hands on my head. They make him crawl out into the living room and cuff him. They start yelling, "where is everyone where is everyone" and I just say "its only one person, I'm on my knees with my hands on my head". They tell me to stand up and walk backwards out to the living room. I walk out and they grab and cuff me. They sit us both down and start interrogating us. One cop starts asking us where the bongs are cuz he could smell the water we poured out and there was a carry bag on the floor. I followed the video and just sat there. The other guy on the other hand just starts arguing and talking mess to the cops being a complete idiot. In their apartment they got street signs on the walls, so the cops see them and drop the "theft of city property eh? thats another good move". My dude starts flipping out and I tell him to shut the (@*#$ up and sit quiet. He starts talking about how he thirsty and need a glass a water, and the cop says "thats what happens when you smoke weed, you pothead". I'm sitting here quiet like 
eek.gif
. Then the cop actually gets him a glass of water but puts it in dudes hands... which are cuffed behind his back!! Dude starts freaking like "how am i supposed to edrink this man?" and the cop replies "well let your buddy help you". He tries to get me to help him and I was having none of it. I just told him to sit down and stop it. The head cop finally looks at me after talking to the resident and says "your awfully quiet over there, what do you have to hide". This is when they start shooting off questions and focusing on me. About that time I remember the vid and interrupt the cop and say "Wait officer, am I being charged with a crime?" He kind of looks caught off guard, and goes "well, uhh, you'll have to talk to officer _____ (head cop) about that" so i turn and look at him and repeat, am I being charged. He replies "well no" so then I drop the "well then am I free to go?" and he kind of gives me this look like, alright you smart a**. He asks me if i live here, and i reply no i do not, so he says you can go and walks away. But I'm still in cuffs, and they are all taking pictures and ransacking the place, seizing any piece of stereo equipment or speaker that COULD have made the noise. And remember this dude is a music producer so thats a LOT of moneys worth of stuff. Cop takes me outside and before uncuffing me starts to search me, i stop him and tell him I don't consent to search and seizure. He goes, "oh, ok then" and stops, uncuffs me and tells me to go and get out of here. If he sees me again i will be arrested. He didn't need to tell me twice.

Anyways my boy ended up getting Unlawful amplified noise, interfering and obstructing police duties (i think thats what its called), and theft of city property. On the papers he was giving they were all circled as CRIMES and not as citations. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 but dude kinda got what he deserved.

I know I should have just opened the door and this coulda been avoided, but by time we knew what was going on it was almost to late. And like I said it wasn't my place and the dude was not trying to let me open the door. Thank god I watched that video NT otherwise I would have been sitting in cuffs all night and might have accidentally talked myself into getting something. Overall I think this is pretty ridiculous though, these cops broke down the door with tasers drawn after posting up for 3 hours waiting for a search warrant all over a NOISE COMPLAINT!!!! in a college town!! during summer!! at 12 midnight!! sheesh sorry for the long wall of text but this was a crazy night and I had to post about it and thank whoever that was that posted that video a while back, cuz it saved me. 

cliffs:

-me and dude listening to music

-neighbor makes noise complaint

-dude who lives there doesn't want to let cops in but turns everything off

-cops call for back up and post outside for 2+ hours

-4+ squad cars shining their spotlights in the place and calling dudes cell phone

-say they are gonna get search warrant

-actually GET search warrant

-break down door and 6+ cops rush in and cuff us

-find street signs and nail him for theft of city property

-seize all devices that could have made the noise, and he's a producer so that was big $$$

- I use the knowledge gained from an NT thread to get myself out of the situation scot free 
pimp.gif
You need a new friend cause that guy is probably heading to jail (not for this but most likely he'll be caught again for some other dumb thing and you won't be around to save his %%%). The Law exists to punish the unintelligent and it seems your friend doesn't have a shred of sense 
laugh.gif
. Enjoy your remaining time with him because there's a fork in the road up ahead.
He's a friend of a friend basically. Well actually ex roommate of a friend. So I only ever see him when he is kicking it with my boy.
But I understand what your saying.. he was really acting like a @#$*. Won't be going back there for a minute. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

laugh.gif
Was this in Corvallis or Eugene? Cause I can see Eugene cops pulling a stunt like this.

Vallis man!! These cops can be on that weird S down here some times. But there are some cool ones too... I can remember a few times dudes let me slip on some stuff the guys the other night woulda lit me up for. 
SIDE NOTE: how do i quote multiple posts in one reply? smh at me not knowing this and being a member for 7+ years.
laugh.gif
 I just don't post much and never have a post where I got replies like this ha
frown.gif

Damn, that's surprising, never had problems with cops down there. But I can see how there'd be times they overreact
laugh.gif

And you quote multiple posts by opening what you want to quote in a new tab, going to Add Reply on the first post you want to quote, then highlight + drag/drop from the other tab into the first. Make sure you dont drop the quote into the reply box without having some space below it, or else you wont be able to type anything underneath it.

Originally Posted by stickmandude

Here's the video. It's 48 minutes long. Can't remember the NT'er who created the thread and video. This one was also posted on NT a while back as well. 45 minutes long.

Originally Posted by Noskey

laugh.gif

Vallis man!! These cops can be on that weird S down here some times. But there are some cool ones too... I can remember a few times dudes let me slip on some stuff the guys the other night woulda lit me up for. 
SIDE NOTE: how do i quote multiple posts in one reply? smh at me not knowing this and being a member for 7+ years.
laugh.gif
 I just don't post much and never have a post where I got replies like this ha
frown.gif
Man that is a bit surprising.  Most of the cops I ever came across down there were pretty cool and never cited me for anything.  Probably just because it is summer and they don't have $%$% to do rather than sit out side for a noise complaint for so long.

Totally would have reacted the same way as you OP. Nobody would expect a noise complaint turning into them getting a warrant. Handled it well and got out of the situation
pimp.gif

yea but you didnt do a major crime.  at worst noise complaint.  what if you were dharun ravi or michael vick then i would congratulate u

one thing that i didn't mention in my OP. So while were cuffed sitting on the floor getting questioned and watching these dudes ransack the house and take pictures, one of the cops starts going off on how big of a waste of time this was for both them and us. I'm sitting thinking, "ya your telling me bro" but then he continues on to say how "We currently have 7 or 8 crimes in progress that we are all late responding too because we have been here dilly dallying around for 3 hours waiting to get a search warrant to kick your door down and arrest you. And now look at what a waste of time this has been."

............. say what?!??!

You currently have 8 or more CRIMES IN PROGRESS that your not responding too because of this noise complaint? For our community's sake I hope your lying and don't actually prioritize like that, but really man? I can totally see some dude getting robbed at the 7-11 calling the cops hiding behind the counter checkin his watch all "where the @#$@ are these guys?" ....... *meanwhile back at noise complaint standoff*...... smh

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

there is no reason to answer the door.

your story comes off like you should be willy nilly to cooperate with cops cause it will make a 45 minute stop into a 5 min stop which is not necessarily true.

it can make a 45 minute stop into a 2 year stop.

this is abig exception because of the prior at his address, and i still don't understand what the warrant was for, it might not go through in court.

a noise complaint should have nothing to do with anyhting else

bingo---OP told jakes where the work was at

Back
Top Bottom