Custom Penny II's I Need Help

OK the Penny II is one of my favorite shoes of all time and to make things worse black and red colorway is my favorite on clothes and sneakers!

So im thinking about getting the Miami Penny II's but its just that I dont like that yellow that the 1cent logo has on the side. I can live with the inside bubble being yellow that is no biggie. As far as the tongue and heel tab that has little white dots im thinking about blacking that out also. So my question is for the experts who custom shoes because I have never did it.

Would a black permanent marker be dark enough to color the 1cent yellow and mark out the lil dots on the tabs. And will it stay on forever?
Or is there some paint. I also thought about getting the all black Pennys and painting the checks red and putting in red laces. I like my first option better because I love the gum sole being red.

Please any advice would be greatfull

A sharpie should be all you need to cover the stitching on the sides as well as the pull tabs.  Might take a couple of coats, but it oughtta work.

Back
Top Bottom