DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Listen, I think some knew the deal 15 years ago.

Way back when he wanted to join the MCU and there were Luke Cage rumors (that he was probably generating) he got to meet with Feige. I'm sure Kevin made it clear he'd be a part of a large story and him as Cage would not be getting top tier main spotlight treatment. He really didn't fit any other heroes or villain that well either. So he moved on to the much more disorganized DC/WB.

The Rock is the big reason a Shazam movie was even made. It was always his plan to establish Black Adam as a big thing and make him more than a Shazam villain. That is ego but he is the star and there's enough flexibility there to make it work. I mean Dr. Doom is more than a F4 villain and could arguably have his own solo movies. Its really just about the script and director and most importantly execution.

Clearly nobody in charge cared if Black Adam should just be a Shazam villain or not and what mattered more.was landing a bankable movie stars like The Rock and making him happy.

I’m not saying that Black Adam should just have one film appearance and that’s it. But he’s apparently not even open to being in a Shazam movie. That’s blasphemous. Shazam movie > Black Adam. The problem with The Rock is his ego. It limits him creatively. He always plays the same type of characters, going through the same motions.

I’m not saying that Black Adam should just have one film appearance and that’s it. But he’s apparently not even open to being in a Shazam movie. That’s blasphemous. Shazam movie > Black Adam. The problem with The Rock is his ego. It limits him creatively. He always plays the same type of characters, going through the same motions.
I’m really not sure at all how true it is the Rock refuses to be in a Shazam movie given all the work he put in to get it made but on the outside chance it’s true I really don’t see the big deal. Of all the properties that makes the most sense. No direction at WB/DC so they just let the Rock do w/e. Not like anybody was asking for a Shazam movie

Gunn cancelling all the projects that made more $ than his SS and keeping his flop cast lol
I love that Gunn is in charge of DC for you guys now :lol:

Only thing would've made it better is if it was somehow Gunn and Whedon :lol:

About to waste the next 5-10 years hating on DC movies.
Damn, even Ray Fisher taking shots at James "the pedo" Gunn 😂😂😂. DC is in absolute shambles!

You love to see it!
So petty.

As if Fisher is relevant :lol:

Gunn cancelling all the projects that made more $ than his SS and keeping his flop cast lol

giphy.gif

Yea BA was just bad. They didn’t seem like they knew they were doing. If it really did take 10 years then that is damn sad. I mean. JS could
Of at least tried talking to BA. From the get go they were like “attack” :lol:

And to try and take him down that was a pretty weak team :rofl:
They know about this man for thousands of years and couldn’t call Supes, WW or Shazam earlier :lol:

more like snyder fans but you guys get the idea
1671524056407.jpeg
Us Snyder fans didn't ask for black Adam. Just like we didn't ask for Birds of Prey, WW84, or The Suicide Squad. I don't see how the failure of those movies is reflective on us. All we've been asking for is the conclusion to the JL trilogy. Hell, I could even accept the end of the snyderverse but to not have Henry as superman is unacceptable.

We Were This Close >< To Seeing Dark Seid In A Live Action Movie Fighting The JL.

Although That Universe Wasnt Great The Thought Of Another 10 Year Wait To Be Close (Maybe) Is A Bit Nauseating.

Us Snyder fans didn't ask for black Adam. Just like we didn't ask for Birds of Prey, WW84, or The Suicide Squad. I don't see how the failure of those movies is reflective on us. All we've been asking for is the conclusion to the JL trilogy. Hell, I could even accept the end of the snyderverse but to not have Henry as superman is unacceptable.

Mos $668
BvS $873
JL $658

the box office is suppose to go up, not down, theyre not going to invest more money on a clearly declining franchise, people simply stopped showing up

that is the f’n JL and it should be making instant billie with the most famous heroes ever in Supes, Bats and WW but it cant even crack $700m

yall also didnt ask for WW but that made $822m and AM made $1.1b, maybe if snyder films were raking in the same amount then it would made sense to continue, BvS and JL each had a budget of $250m and $300m before marketing and snyder wants to make two more where the box office is probably gon’ be making $500m or $400m once all is said and done….

nah thats a bad investment and mentioning other films bombing isnt helping your case, again if they consistently make money then the DCEU woulndt have been in trouble

BoP only made $200m but it had an $85m budget, Shazam $366m on $100m bidget… WW84 and SS came out during the pandemic and at the same time on HBO Max

truth is peoples interest in the DCEU is just on a decline and id really hate for it to go out like this but it for the best, snyder rushed everything and tried to make everything too big too fast then tried to cobble things up while also not learning how to properly edit films (seriously, his films editting is the worst)

simply time to move on

I also think JL did bad because of all the stuff that went down behind the scenes with Snyder leaving, Wheadon stepping in and rewriting a lot of it. There was all kinds of stuff working against that movie.

I also think JL did bad because of all the stuff that went down behind the scenes with Snyder leaving, Wheadon stepping in and rewriting a lot of it. There was all kinds of stuff working against that movie.

it really shouldnt have mattered, its the JL and a lot of those negative stuff was revealed only after the film bombed to make up excuses

when it released, many thought whendon only finished it and didnt add as much but the point still stands, if BvS wasnt as badd as it was and ridiculed for "martha" and became a meme, JL would have made way more

people paid for BvS and it disappointed them and they didnt come back for JL especially after he killed off supes and then had about 2-3 min of screen time in JL

A lot of that stuff leaked prior to release. Was the main reason I didn’t bother to see it in theaters and waited until Blu-ray release.

Back
Top Bottom