Dealing with depression

For those who have had depression for an extended period of time what do you do to deal with it?

Green, Working out?

Working out, then calling friends.

Some, not all, will find things for you to do.

Also, good luck
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Spend some time thinking positive thoughts every day, just for like 15 minutes or so, then gradually lengthen the time period.

I just read about that today, some CEO used it to recover from a paralyzing accident.

Replace the negativity in your life with positivity. Try and get a new support group. Meet a good woman that can make you smile.

Try anything. Something's bound to work.

Never give up. Remember there is always something to look forward to everyday. If today was a bummer, it does not necessarily mean every day will suck. Balance yourself out, and in the end nothing can eat away at you.

Staying occupied is the only thing that works for me. Gotta have a least one close friend who you can depend on to help get you through it.

Hit the club my dude. Surround yourself with some females and some good drinks and you'll be over it by the morning.

Unless its a death you're depressed over, of course.

I personally don't suffer from it but know people who do. I don't think they can be helped except for meds. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Everybody goes through ups and downs but chronically depressed folks aren't like that. 

I don't advoacte meds usually but in this case I think they're the only way out really.

- Watch some Comedy films, Inspiring Films I enjoy step Brothers, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The other guys, The Fighter, I'm sure some NT'ers going to clown my taste, but find those kind of movies just to take time out the day, and get a good laugh, Or make you feel like the greatest man alive.

- Have you considered writing lyrics? Try jotting down some lyrics (Regardless the genre)

- Keep yourself occupied!!!!, Try not to be in a period with nothing to do.

- Listen to this song!

- Try and look up a couple quotes that are inspirational, They're all over the internet!

- I know this sounds dumb, but don't watch the local news, I feel like they always feeding the problems of the worlds and never the good.

Hope this helps man. Stay up
pimp.gif

Money87 wrote:
Staying occupied is the only thing that works for me. Gotta have a least one close friend who you can depend on to help get you through it.
This. I briefly mentioned it to my friend a couple of years ago, but I feel like nobody understands or will understand what it's like unless they're in the same position so I just keep to myself about it (partially the reason why I come across so many people who feel like they don't know much about me 
laugh.gif
)

Green has been helpful for me, but trying to keep busy is the best thing.

keep your head up Mang, you're a good dude

(well, as good a dude as niketalk can produce anyways
laugh.gif
)

Pick up a hobby. Learn the guitar or something else creative like that 
pimp.gif

don't worry, be happy.
stop thinking and focusin on the bad, and start thinking about the good

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Money87 wrote:
This. I briefly mentioned it to my friend a couple of years ago, but I feel like nobody understands or will understand what it's like unless they're in the same position so I just keep to myself about it (partially the reason why I come across so many people who feel like they don't know much about me 
laugh.gif
)

Green has been helpful for me, but trying to keep busy is the best thing.

Yah it's tough I've tried to tell a friend and they didn't take me seriously. Btw someone said go to the club and drink, that absolutely doesn't work for me. My advice is focus on yourself ie. Gym and career

Yes, stay occupied. Because if you're bored, you'll start thinking about what's got you depressed.

green helps, but like others are saying you needa keep yourself occupied and busy

I always like reading when I'm not feeling right. Keeps your mind off things while at the same time stimulating it.

I've never been depressed for an extended period of time, but every now and then I have those days so I empathize with people with clinical crippling depression. Don't be afraid to seek help, or talk to someone about it (Eg. friend, brother, parent, NT, people who care) a lot of times its just an imbalance and has no identifiable cause such as life stressors.

Things you could try for mild depression, depression tends to cause people to not enjoy activities they usually enjoy. Try to force yourself to stay active.
-Work out-releases endorphins
-Music
-Comedy
-Put your life in perspective. I rarely get sad cause I constantly think about how I literally have nothing to be sad about.
smokin.gif

go out more often, see the trees anything green brings you peace of mind. staying in on the computer all day is the number one cause of depression. 

Back
Top Bottom