Dealing with depression

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Hit the weight room hard and listen to some Kid Cudi at night. Works for me.

that %+*#$ is only gonna make you more depressed with his lonely stoner #+%%
laugh.gif
try and keep yourself occupied, exercise, find someone to talk to that you can trust and is willing to listen. depression is a %!!*! but just remind yourself that things will always get better.

I was depressed from August last year to about March/April this year. It's a really tough thing to deal with. I isolated myself a lot and kept thinking negatively. Hell I even thought about planning my suicide a couple times. It's no joke, but trust me you can get through this. You just need to convince yourself you can deal with the pain and remind yourself of what you have to live for. Good luck fam.

When I was like 17, I slipped into real, real deep depression. I dropped outta school, quit my job...I basically withdrew from society. All I did was smoke and sell weed all day. Only a few of my close friends ever saw me. It took me a while to break out of it.

The biggest thing is changing your routine. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. It's scientifically proven that staying up super-late harbors depression. Eat healthier. Work out. Think positive. Confront whatever issues are bothering you in your life. They all sound like really simple straightforward things, and they are, but that's really how you change your mental groundwork. It's about getting to the root of the problem. !!@+ like listening to music or blowing herb is just temporary relief, and really only makes things worse, because you're avoiding and trying to escape your problems. Meds are a slippery slope too, because a lot of ppl end up abusing them to escape reality, just as they would with alcohol or other drugs.

Hope this helps in some fashion, you definitely come off as a good dude on here
pimp.gif

don't result in any intoxications, it just blankets/masks your emotions. acknowledge, accept, amend then adapt.

Whatever you do don't take any anti depressants. My doctor prescribed me Zoloft and all it did was make me +%@+ every hour. Not even regular +%@+, it was the watery +%@+. It was just comin out of my %!% like piss.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Whatever you do don't take any anti depressants. My doctor prescribed me Zoloft and all it did was make me +%@+ every hour. Not even regular +%@+, it was the watery +%@+. It was just comin out of my %!% like piss.
I've found that anti-depressants do help.. although I'm not on Zoloft. Talking to a therapist works for me and what was said earlier.. structure in your life does help a lot.

Herbs helps, but it could slip you into a deeper depression. Think positive, it'll be difficult at first because the brain leans toward negativity.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

go out more often, see the trees anything green brings you peace of mind. staying in on the computer all day is the number one cause of depression. 

Really??? I always thought it was not being able to pay bills / provide for their family. 
Anyway OP, blow some cali kush and watch a funny movie. Hang in there man.... there is ALWAYS people in a worse situation than all of us.

Don't get on medication. Do not get on medication.

Me and a few other members can tell you firsthand the evils of antis. I keep myself occupied. Books, articles, music, video games. I read about the suffering of others to lessen my own feelings. Kinda !@+*%+ up but it helps me. I tie dye, skate... Anything outside helps. Sometimes talking to friends helps but people are so absorbed into their own lives its hard to really put emotion into it when talking to them.

High quality strains also keep me balanced. Occasionally I will take a xan or a lexapro on my really bad days but only as a last resort.

sick.gif
blazinjkid wrote:

When I was like 17, I slipped into real, real deep depression. I dropped outta school, quit my job...I basically withdrew from society. All I did was smoke and sell weed all day. Only a few of my close friends ever saw me. It took me a while to break out of it.

The biggest thing is changing your routine. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. It's scientifically proven that staying up super-late harbors depression. Eat healthier. Work out. Think positive. Confront whatever issues are bothering you in your life. They all sound like really simple straightforward things, and they are, but that's really how you change your mental groundwork. It's about getting to the root of the problem. !!@+ like listening to music or blowing herb is just temporary relief, and really only makes things worse, because you're avoiding and trying to escape your problems. Meds are a slippery slope too, because a lot of ppl end up abusing them to escape reality, just as they would with alcohol or other drugs.

Hope this helps in some fashion, you definitely come off as a good dude on here
pimp.gif

sick.gif
feds watching man relax
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
salf incriminating yourself on NT
pimp.gif
 but the feds are always watchin  
laugh.gif

Dang was only expecting a few replies good looks ya'll
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Hit the club my dude. Surround yourself with some females and some good drinks and you'll be over it by the morning.   

Ive tried this, it use to help.

I briefly mentioned it to my friend a couple of years ago, but I feel like nobody understands or will understand what it's like unless they're in the same position so I just keep to myself about it
x2

Originally Posted by akaValentino

don't result in any intoxications, it just blankets/masks your emotions. acknowledge, accept, amend then adapt.

I think you're right, and damn I didnt know people were so against antidepressants.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I've never been depressed for an extended period of time, but every now and then I have those days so I empathize with people with clinical crippling depression. Don't be afraid to seek help, or talk to someone about it (Eg. friend, brother, parent, NT, people who care) a lot of times its just an imbalance and has no identifiable cause such as life stressors.

Things you could try for mild depression, depression tends to cause people to not enjoy activities they usually enjoy. Try to force yourself to stay active.
-Work out-releases endorphins
-Music
-Comedy
-Put your life in perspective. I rarely get sad cause I constantly think about how I literally have nothing to be sad about.
smokin.gif

Don't you have over 100k and more coming in loans though

Green doesn't help...if green does anything...it works off your current mood to make you feel it more.

If your facing depression I would just get a couple really good books...in my case I picked up a couple meditating, zen, philosophy books that deal with life and just read. I know this is an out-there response but this helped me when I was feeling blue.

I feel that once you understand how insignifcant you are, your able to detach yourself from norms placed upon you by society, community, worldwide forces. Then you really can have some fun. I feel like the norms or roles we have to sometimes fulfill is a significant factor in why we feel depressed from time to time...because we're not stuntcity all the time or things aren't going our way for the time being.

Everyone has their ups and downs.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Green doesn't help...if green does anything...it works off your current mood to make you feel it more.

To quote 2pac- "And all the Hennessey and weed can't hide the pain I feel inside"

just think about your life and reevaluate your situation... is it really worth focusing on the negative parts of your life and feeling sorry for yourself going to do any good? probably not... so you just have to keep your head up, focus on the positives and never look back at what you did prior...trust me i been there and done that and its not worth it and its just a BIG WASTE OF TIME.... so just move forward and try your best to get it together 

play World of Warcraft. Took me 2 years to finally quit, and i've never felt better.

It took me thru one of the harshest times in my life and I've havent regretted the "investment."

Back
Top Bottom