Dear Jermaine, please do not fall off before your debut drops! Sincerely, Hip Hop. Vol: Drake, Wiz

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Joe Budden didn't produce most of his own music...and most certainly didnt have a co-sign as large as Jay's...so, to compare them seems rather pre-mature.
We shall see though...

producing ur own music isnt some gimmick that guarantees u listens...
laugh.gif

budden is all around better than cole. he got lucky with pump it up... trust me... cole is headed down the same path...

if u cant make people move u might as well make emo records

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Cole will never "blow up" dude just doesn't have that bone in his body.

His style ain't mainstream at all. I'm a fan but... lets be real here.

Dude is about to be the next Joe Budden or similar hyped blog rapper.

I hope your wrong.

But sadly I feel you are right....

I mean he's no BoB or anything. 
Lyrically...Cole ain't Nas or anything. He is better than Wale by far but Wale has better production. Wale has a better chance of being popular than Cole. 

ur right...but I think he will be/already is more popular in the urban demographic than BoB...nobody black I bet cares about that dude, he is a pop artist to me...and Cole is already leaps and bounds more popular than Joe Budden....and 95% of us(the real world, not the rap/internet world) think he died sumtime shortly after pump it up....he will fair better than Wale off the right lead single alone when it comes to his debut.
like ive said from jump his celling is Lupe...minus the skateboard n robots and all that other jazz that brings in a few white and asian fans....i aint saying he reaches that off album number 1 but i think he can achieve that level of notoriety by being who he is 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Cole will never "blow up" dude just doesn't have that bone in his body.

His style ain't mainstream at all. I'm a fan but... lets be real here.

Dude is about to be the next Joe Budden or similar hyped blog rapper.

I hope your wrong.

But sadly I feel you are right....

I mean he's no BoB or anything. 
Lyrically...Cole ain't Nas or anything. He is better than Wale by far but Wale has better production. Wale has a better chance of being popular than Cole. 

ur right...but I think he will be/already is more popular in the urban demographic than BoB...nobody black I bet cares about that dude, he is a pop artist to me...and Cole is already leaps and bounds more popular than Joe Budden....and 95% of us(the real world, not the rap/internet world) think he died sumtime shortly after pump it up....he will fair better than Wale off the right lead single alone when it comes to his debut.
like ive said from jump his celling is Lupe...minus the skateboard n robots and all that other jazz that brings in a few white and asian fans....i aint saying he reaches that off album number 1 but i think he can achieve that level of notoriety by being who he is 

Serious question

Of all the Roc Nation signees, who's album will see the light of day first? Cole, Electronica or Willow Smith

I have no clue at this point, seems like being signed to Roc Nation is only good for guest verses on Hov's albums

Serious question

Of all the Roc Nation signees, who's album will see the light of day first? Cole, Electronica or Willow Smith

I have no clue at this point, seems like being signed to Roc Nation is only good for guest verses on Hov's albums

Whoever said dude is on track to reach Lupe status is about right IMO.

...p.s. ya'll notice how Lupe is acting kinda like a d-bag lately?
BTW, in terms of artistry... I'd put my money on Big Sean over Cole too. It sucks and I know ya'll won't like that opinion, but I think thats the better bet here. Its like Cole takes himself too seriously. Sean is willing to take those risks. 

Whoever said dude is on track to reach Lupe status is about right IMO.

...p.s. ya'll notice how Lupe is acting kinda like a d-bag lately?
BTW, in terms of artistry... I'd put my money on Big Sean over Cole too. It sucks and I know ya'll won't like that opinion, but I think thats the better bet here. Its like Cole takes himself too seriously. Sean is willing to take those risks. 

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

In the Morning DOES NOT have Best I Ever Had potential. AT ALL. super delusional.

laugh.gif
I would have to agree.  I like the song, but it definitely doesn't have that type of hype.

In the Morning DOES NOT have Best I Ever Had potential. AT ALL. super delusional.

I agree, only a J Cole fan would say that. Cole is missing that "it" factor and a smash single. I actually like him and think he is a good lyricist. But sadly he will never blow and like someone else said, he will probably have a similar career path as Joe Buddens.

laugh.gif
I would have to agree.  I like the song, but it definitely doesn't have that type of hype.

I agree, only a J Cole fan would say that. Cole is missing that "it" factor and a smash single. I actually like him and think he is a good lyricist. But sadly he will never blow and like someone else said, he will probably have a similar career path as Joe Buddens.

Damn, why is it so much about stlye over substance now? +@++ is a blower.

I'm getting tired of people not giving a rapper a chance because they feel he lacks that dreaded S-word.

Damn, why is it so much about stlye over substance now? +@++ is a blower.

I'm getting tired of people not giving a rapper a chance because they feel he lacks that dreaded S-word.

what is so good about just having lyrics tho?
thats not music... music is about feeling moreso than anything... a robot could prolly spit hot 16s...
u have to have something about ur music that actually makes people want to listen... as u can see only a small percentage of the world can tolerate it...
and substance is relative really... as long as songs have a subject that is adhered to there is substance in a song... might not be no deep or thought provoking %%+% but why does it have to be?

what is so good about just having lyrics tho?
thats not music... music is about feeling moreso than anything... a robot could prolly spit hot 16s...
u have to have something about ur music that actually makes people want to listen... as u can see only a small percentage of the world can tolerate it...
and substance is relative really... as long as songs have a subject that is adhered to there is substance in a song... might not be no deep or thought provoking %%+% but why does it have to be?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Serious question

And you came to that conclusion after one Jay album on Roc Nation and one guest feature from a Roc Nation signee.
laugh.gif
SMH only on NT.

I gotta agree all this premature talk about Cole falling off or not "blowing up" (whatever that means) is quite ridiculous. Dudes just sadly can't enjoy good music anymore.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Serious question

And you came to that conclusion after one Jay album on Roc Nation and one guest feature from a Roc Nation signee.
laugh.gif
SMH only on NT.

I gotta agree all this premature talk about Cole falling off or not "blowing up" (whatever that means) is quite ridiculous. Dudes just sadly can't enjoy good music anymore.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Joe Budden didn't produce most of his own music...and most certainly didnt have a co-sign as large as Jay's...so, to compare them seems rather pre-mature.
We shall see though...

laugh.gif

budden is all around better than cole. he got lucky with pump it up... trust me... cole is headed down the same path...

laugh.gif
But u could tell from the Desert Storm tapes and what not that the commercial lane was never really Joe's thing. It seems Cole is gon be the same way. He needs to realize what his style is and capitalize on it. Joey realized his niche and released the MM series and ran w/ that "gimmick" J.Cole's style is too lyrical for mainstream music.  
I feel the only reason Drake is poppin right now is b/c YM or rather Wayne is poppin now. If he had signed to another label who wasn't in that position, then he wouldn't get as much buzz.  

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

We shall see though...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
But u could tell from the Desert Storm tapes and what not that the commercial lane was never really Joe's thing. It seems Cole is gon be the same way. He needs to realize what his style is and capitalize on it. Joey realized his niche and released the MM series and ran w/ that "gimmick" J.Cole's style is too lyrical for mainstream music.  
I feel the only reason Drake is poppin right now is b/c YM or rather Wayne is poppin now. If he had signed to another label who wasn't in that position, then he wouldn't get as much buzz.  

Back
Top Bottom