Dear Jermaine, please do not fall off before your debut drops! Sincerely, Hip Hop. Vol: Drake, Wiz

He's already locked in his Roc Nation deal. They're not gonna let him go until his buzz is dead and a few others guys blow up instead. So he just has to hope he gets the right song (and that Jay doesn't take it away from him) so they have to push him and he actually gets his debut.

He's already locked in his Roc Nation deal. They're not gonna let him go until his buzz is dead and a few others guys blow up instead. So he just has to hope he gets the right song (and that Jay doesn't take it away from him) so they have to push him and he actually gets his debut.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

You guys saying Cole havin trouble writing catchy songs must not listen to the radio much...because 'In The Morning' is being spun heavily here in Cali and its only a mixtape track. I've visited both UCSB and UCR campuses and a lotttt of ladies be singing that song, as well as using it as facebook statuses.
 If they made it into an official single it would blow big...but with the video coming soon, it could be his 'best i ever had'...depending on how good it is. who knows...but im sure he has a lot more in store. 
04e150eac7cd02eea6c004490b75b4095e1eb8b.gif

61829857.gif

You guys saying Cole havin trouble writing catchy songs must not listen to the radio much...because 'In The Morning' is being spun heavily here in Cali and its only a mixtape track. I've visited both UCSB and UCR campuses and a lotttt of ladies be singing that song, as well as using it as facebook statuses.
 If they made it into an official single it would blow big...but with the video coming soon, it could be his 'best i ever had'...depending on how good it is. who knows...but im sure he has a lot more in store. 
04e150eac7cd02eea6c004490b75b4095e1eb8b.gif

61829857.gif

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Kendrick Lamar is horrible. I dont know how you guys can listen to him.

laugh.gif
I thought I was the only one. Man is dookie diapers.

Praise the loard. I swear I thought I was the only one. Goodness gracious. Dude has YET to impress me. I bet it those dudes that be playing super lyrical *%$# at a party saying "YO DID YOU HEAR THAT VERSE?!"...like 
eyes.gif
 aiiight fam. 
laugh.gif

I know I tried but dude just ain't the business. 

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Kendrick Lamar is horrible. I dont know how you guys can listen to him.

laugh.gif
I thought I was the only one. Man is dookie diapers.

Praise the loard. I swear I thought I was the only one. Goodness gracious. Dude has YET to impress me. I bet it those dudes that be playing super lyrical *%$# at a party saying "YO DID YOU HEAR THAT VERSE?!"...like 
eyes.gif
 aiiight fam. 
laugh.gif

I know I tried but dude just ain't the business. 

TIME, its not just 'ANY' radio station...its being spun on KMEL 106 which is the bay areas most popular urban radio station, as well as Power 106...which is LA's most popular urban station... its not like i was naming some random town in the middle of no where. LA along with NY is obviously one of the biggest and most popular cities in the US, so if its getting spins there...people are listening, lots of them.
Don't see why its so delusional for us to be optimistic about an artist we enjoy...its not like we're trying to shove him down the throats of people who don't like him. To each his own..

TIME, its not just 'ANY' radio station...its being spun on KMEL 106 which is the bay areas most popular urban radio station, as well as Power 106...which is LA's most popular urban station... its not like i was naming some random town in the middle of no where. LA along with NY is obviously one of the biggest and most popular cities in the US, so if its getting spins there...people are listening, lots of them.
Don't see why its so delusional for us to be optimistic about an artist we enjoy...its not like we're trying to shove him down the throats of people who don't like him. To each his own..

I really don't get why NT has this insane desire for every artist to "blow" up! Who cares?! I am a huge J. Cole fan and I could care less if everyone across the country is singing some dumbed down song he made for the radio. As a fan of Cole and hip-hop I just want to hear good music.

Dudes on here act like if he doesn't blow then that takes away from his talent or success as an artist. Sadly for too many in music and "fans" success is linked solely to "blowing up."

Let the music and artist speak for itself....how much he/she sells isn't going to impact your life in any way?! So really it ("blowing up) doesn't matter at all.

I really don't get why NT has this insane desire for every artist to "blow" up! Who cares?! I am a huge J. Cole fan and I could care less if everyone across the country is singing some dumbed down song he made for the radio. As a fan of Cole and hip-hop I just want to hear good music.

Dudes on here act like if he doesn't blow then that takes away from his talent or success as an artist. Sadly for too many in music and "fans" success is linked solely to "blowing up."

Let the music and artist speak for itself....how much he/she sells isn't going to impact your life in any way?! So really it ("blowing up) doesn't matter at all.

^Bro, i could care less about how much he blows up. Im a fan of his as well and all i care about is the music.
However, if he doesn't receive enough radio + single sales success then we're going to have to wait longer and longer for his major debut album to drop. Now i dont know about you, but i want to hear that album during my lifetime...so yes, of course im happy when i hear his songs on the radio... as pathetic as it sounds, it gives me a little more hope that he will get a release date and thats all im worried about.

I really couldnt care less about the people who find him 'boring' or whatever...thats cool, not everyones gonna like everything. All i care about is him putting out some music that will be successful on the charts so I can get that album in my hands...feel me? 
happy.gif

^Bro, i could care less about how much he blows up. Im a fan of his as well and all i care about is the music.
However, if he doesn't receive enough radio + single sales success then we're going to have to wait longer and longer for his major debut album to drop. Now i dont know about you, but i want to hear that album during my lifetime...so yes, of course im happy when i hear his songs on the radio... as pathetic as it sounds, it gives me a little more hope that he will get a release date and thats all im worried about.

I really couldnt care less about the people who find him 'boring' or whatever...thats cool, not everyones gonna like everything. All i care about is him putting out some music that will be successful on the charts so I can get that album in my hands...feel me? 
happy.gif

happy.gif
I respect your opinion and totally feel your point man but you are not the fan I am speaking of.  I don't want to put words in your mouth but I think as you said you want to see Cole have a song that will at least allow the label to push his album more...I would love to see that too as well.  But I think neither of us care if he becomes hip-hops next biggest star and just cares about the overall quality of music.  Others on here equate the entire success of an artist with how much his album sells.

I totally am with you on getting the album in your hands so I understand where YOU are coming from.

happy.gif
I respect your opinion and totally feel your point man but you are not the fan I am speaking of.  I don't want to put words in your mouth but I think as you said you want to see Cole have a song that will at least allow the label to push his album more...I would love to see that too as well.  But I think neither of us care if he becomes hip-hops next biggest star and just cares about the overall quality of music.  Others on here equate the entire success of an artist with how much his album sells.

I totally am with you on getting the album in your hands so I understand where YOU are coming from.

Cole will never "blow up" dude just doesn't have that bone in his body.

His style ain't mainstream at all. I'm a fan but... lets be real here.

Dude is about to be the next Joe Budden or similar hyped blog rapper.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

I hope your wrong.

But sadly I feel you are right....

I hope your wrong.

Joe Budden didn't produce most of his own music...and most certainly didnt have a co-sign as large as Jay's...so, to compare them seems rather pre-mature.
We shall see though...

Joe Budden didn't produce most of his own music...and most certainly didnt have a co-sign as large as Jay's...so, to compare them seems rather pre-mature.
We shall see though...

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I hope your wrong.

I mean he's no BoB or anything. 
Lyrically...Cole ain't Nas or anything. He is better than Wale by far but Wale has better production. Wale has a better chance of being popular than Cole. 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I hope your wrong.

I mean he's no BoB or anything. 
Lyrically...Cole ain't Nas or anything. He is better than Wale by far but Wale has better production. Wale has a better chance of being popular than Cole. 

We shall see though...

producing ur own music isnt some gimmick that guarantees u listens...
laugh.gif

budden is all around better than cole. he got lucky with pump it up... trust me... cole is headed down the same path...

if u cant make people move u might as well make emo records

Back
Top Bottom