*| | Denim _ School | |*

I see thanks, for help guys, rep ya both. And I have the black washed apc so no selvage line by the way.

Just to be real specific it's always best to taper from both the inseam and outseam to prevent your jeans from twisting over time.

Of course if you have and want to preserve the selvage line you taper from the inseam (in-between your legs).

And if you don't have a selvage line it's more simple to taper from the outseam, which is why most tailors wreck your selvage.

Anyone have experience with Nudie Lean Deans? Looking into a pair of their dry selvage, how much stretching should I expect or how should I size?

(I Wear 31 in APC PNS if that helps) 

Anyone have experience with Nudie Lean Deans? Looking into a pair of their dry selvage, how much stretching should I expect or how should I size?

(I Wear 31 in APC PNS if that helps) 

Nudie has introduced many new fits and I am curious to know how lean dean and some of the other new fits are.

Sidenote: Just ordered J brand Mick for $94. Gonna stop by my local bloomies and pick them up.

It's jeans. Wash them inside out with minimal detergent in cold water hand hang them up.

You don't need to wash them in the ocean
You don't need to dry them in the sun
You don't need to freeze them

Wear them and when they are dirty wash them. Why would anyone want to wear wet denim? :x
This needs to get reposted every page.

Anyone got experience with denimio? Looking to cop some oni's from there but just wondering how shipping and customs/import tax worked out?

Anyone got experience with denimio? Looking to cop some oni's from there but just wondering how shipping and customs/import tax worked out?
I've gotten PBJs and Oni from them, great experience. Really quick shipping to CA, think it took 4 business days and no customs/import tax but they were also under $200. You really cannot beat denimio when it's come to the brands they carry and the prices they sell them for.

I've gotten PBJs and Oni from them, great experience. Really quick shipping to CA, think it took 4 business days and no customs/import tax but they were also under $200. You really cannot beat denimio when it's come to the brands they carry and the prices they sell them for.

eek.gif
 @those prices. I  just orders FH 3009's from Self Edge and they're $80 less on denimio. 

I have a pair of these that I bought about a year ago. Probably have 20 wears and only one soak (needed them to shrink). Few, if any, fades.

This makes me want to wear them more often. Only thing holding me back is that the legs are wider than I'd like. They're discontinued so no way of buying them in a smaller size.

not mine; from heddels

Last edited:
Anyone here have any experience with Naked & Famous Stacked Guy fit? More specifically the Indigo Power stretch. I'm just wondering how long till you start noticing some fading.

So I got a pair of raw denim tailored a while back. They're some Flint and Tinder joints I copped from a link in here. The tailor recommended that she take from the outseam because that's how it's supposed to be done. I told her I didn't want that because my cuff would look ridiculous. She said that I shouldn't wear my jeans with a cuff and that she'll alter them to a length where I wouldn't have to cuff. She did this and my selvedge stitch is mad silly. Joint is like 2.5" wide 
roll.gif
. But the length and leg opening are perfect so I don't wear a cuff. 

I recently came up on a pair of raw Japanese selvedge denim not too long ago from Gap (should have ooped but didn't). I took them to a different tailor and told them this same story. She said that you can take from the outseam but cut the excess material to keep the stitch at a normal width. Have y'all ever of heard of this? I told her that'd be straight and I should be picking them up today. I'll post pics later of both pairs so you can see.

Last edited:
I'm fortunate enough to have an actual denim shop to go to for tailoring. I walk in, put the jeans on and the only questions they usually ask are, "Do want to cuff them?" and "Do you want them chain stitched?".

Anyone know spots in NY that sell mr completely? I went to atrium yesterday, but they only had like two pairs left and werent my size 

Anyone know spots in NY that sell mr completely? I went to atrium yesterday, but they only had like two pairs left and werent my size 
I contacted them before I ordered my pair online. Said atrium is their only stockist in NY at the moment. Best bet would probably be Freshman Boutique in Bloomfield maybe but I doubt they have sizes stocked

Anyone have experience with embellish denim?  I mostly have raws and need some tapered non-raw denim I can wear with sneakers and embellish looks pretty good.  Sizing info is pretty scarce though

Back
Top Bottom