*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Hey LeftyJeenus, are both of the pictures LVC? Have you seen or heard any good from STF in forming nice stacks?

both are lvc 47 501xx sagged. stf 501 are rarely ever faded cleanly aka high contrast and nice blue.
~Lefty

Quick questions for the fellas who are highly knowledgable about Nudies. Which pair has the smallest tapered leg opening? Thanks!

Originally Posted by 35KD

How are Gap jeans compared to Calvin Klein or Kenneth Cole Jeans? Still need to step my game up from Levis
laugh.gif

Levis makes better jeans than every brand you mentioned. Gap selvage is DECENT at best, but that is about it.

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

ugh my RRDS nudies just got crotch-blown...anyone know how i could have prevented this?

Go to an art supply store get an iron on pacth then take it to the cleaners and have them sew around it to prevent further damage.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

ugh my RRDS nudies just got crotch-blown...anyone know how i could have prevented this?

Go to an art supply store get an iron on pacth then take it to the cleaners and have them sew around it to prevent further damage.
ohwell.gif
I'd get some denim and go to a tailor to repair it.Not feelin iron on patches. They'll repair it correctly.

And besides, it gives you more "character" to your jeans that way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

laugh.gif
tired.gif

If you dont want the dye to bleed dont by rwa denim simple as that!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ I got a denim iron on patch that just so happened to be the same color as the jeans.

i got a pair of evisu's No.2 should i soak them so the denim wont bleed on my shoe? i heard something about dipping the end of the jeans in vinegar. isthis true?

just got my APC rescues, sized down 2...... fresh outta the box....
i could barely get the top button but i did, im diggin these, cant wait til they settle a little bit.

thoughts?

xc6s5w.jpg

w0jzr.jpg

they look a little baggy at teh bottom, but i figure once they wear in a little bit, that should settle better, right?

^^^They look good, yea a few wears in and they will look better. Want to get pair of APC's myself, black new standard pair I think, first gotta try it onto see how they fit on me. BTW those Supreme ones are gay.

Sik wit it - You should;ve gotten the New Standards...

But wear those everyday to break in the "cardboard" feel.

For the bottom, the stacks should come up soon..

Like my old New Cures. (I sold them)

23kx7m.jpg

yea im just not really a fan of a tapered leg opening so much.

tried to go with theh wider opening, as you can see, most of my shoes are af1s, NS dont look right with those IMO.

Hey I wear a 30/30 in jeans and looking to purchase my first pair of Thinn Flinn Nudie jeans. The website says that the denim stretches over a period of timeso should i get a 29/30 instead?

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Levis LVC 1947 (501)----SIZE 32/34
I'm salty only because those are my size and I am pretty sure I know how much you actually paid. Nice come up though, that is my favorite pairof jeans I have ever owned.

I am pretty sure those are 505s, made in a collab from 2007. I think they were only relased in Europe and Asia. No idea how much they are worth, I suppose thatis all relative. The released a raw pair too around the same time I think which I personally would much rather have. Are those yours though? Cool either way.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

I am pretty sure those are 505s, made in a collab from 2007. I think they were only relased in Europe and Asia. No idea how much they are worth, I suppose that is all relative. The released a raw pair too around the same time I think which I personally would much rather have. Are those yours though? Cool either way.

do you think they are worth between $30-40? and no they are not mine. do you think they fit much baggier relative to levis 511?

I mean they would be "worth" way more than $30-40 new, I'm sure they sold for at least $150+ orignally. Non collab selvage in the US alwaysstarts at $98 on the low end and any collaboration more expensive generally.

As far as the fit goes, the 505 is basically a 501 with a zipper fly instead of buttons. The leg opening is a "regular fit", which means it is muchwider than the 511, and the rise is significantly higher. If you are looking to buy them I would suggest going to any department/levis store and trying on a505 in the same size.

Heads up, Tobi is having a 30% off sale. And I'm hearing Nudies are elgible - Type this at checkout - INSTYLE30

Quick question, I don't know if it's been covered here. Is it possible for a tailor to convert bootleg jeans into straight leg? Would it look good? Ilike my bootleg jeans because I find they're more comfortable than my straight leg jeans, but I can't stand how you can't see my kicks at all whenwearing them.

Thanks

I know this question has been covered extensively but, if I'm a true size 30, should I go down a size for Nudie Slim Jim's or should I stick to size30?

Back
Top Bottom