Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Just to be clear Peso Squad (ZnE) and The Struggle Team are affiliated but are not the same. But congrats on the Vex Quad!

We need @Based Jesus
 to flourish out here :smh:  

Edit: *****tilltippin420

I also got the Final Rest II and a Found Verdict ...the found verdict was my first raid weapon, but somebody broke it down and it was fully maxed out. :smh:

I almost forgot, in addition to the Vex, we also got the raid helmet and chest piece for my alt, so he'll be lvl 30 by tomorrow night. RNG was finally good to us.

For those angry about how exotics are treated and how current legendary weapons will be phased out. I found a post on reddit that actually has, IMO, the best perspective and explanation of why things were done the way they were. This isn't bullet-proof, but I feel that it's the most objective way of explaining it.

The biggest flaw has been a lack of communication just how the exotic shards will be used, some people used it to upgrade that last bubble.

"First of all, down with the pitchforks. I am not here to defend what Bungie have done. At all. The communication has been appalling, and the mechanisms seem dubious (random upgrades from Xur - the guy who always sells the same stuff, genius!).

But something like it was inevitable. If you had to say what Destiny is about in one word its simple - accessibility. The unconstrained RNG, level 4 mobs dropping Exotics, meat-shiled non-raid bosses, it's all in favour of the masses.

So, the raids...I know many old WoW players are here, and they will remember like me the days before WoW had "badge gear". Joining late to the party meant dragging yourself through every bit of content to be fit for the next. Working your *** of for out of date gear, and guild-jumping to get better stuff, ditching the people who just helped you. Few people made it, and as people at the top quit, so the raid pyramid formed. The toughest and best content got seen by the least people.

Bungie don't want this, and that's correct. It's bad game design. You don't want 0.3% of the playerbase doing the sexy new raid #4, because only that many made it through raids #1-3.

The problem is, Bungie have yet again shown a total lack of MMO knowledge. They have come down clumsily, upsetting so many of their core players. What is clearly intended to make it possible for new players to do Crota without endless VoG runs, and old players to keep their exotics, has been screwed up.

I've been waiting for the expansion, wondering how they would do the "leg up" to get new players into the Crota raid. In the end, it's been more brutal than expected. But it was always coming, and that's because the game must always be accessible.

TLDR: Bungie will keep making changes to make the game accessible to all, probably too stupid not to **** on hardcore players in the process."

I ran the Nightfall with my friend last night and in between the time that we killed the Nexus and the timer countdown starting and rewards being dished out, Destiny server decided to randomly disconnect him. Felt bad for him but at least it was pretty easy with both of us having Icebreaker.

Will probably run it again tonight since he didn't have time to run it again last night and don't mind helping anyone out if they want to tag along. On Xbone. Just PM me.

Nightfall took a total of 10 minutes with a full fireteam, ran with VoC, solar fusion, and raid launcher.  Swapped to IB with WoL bubble, nexus was down in < 2 minutes.

The hardest part of the Nightfall was the Fallen Captain with the arc shields, 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Head's Up, the removal of the daily Public Event Gold Tier package is a bug and not intended by Bungie. Apparently working on a fix now. We all know how long that takes. I find it convenient it's bugged out right before the DLC and we have to level up our "new" old exotics... 
mean.gif

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/82157810
There had to be some negative feedback after everyone was happy with the latest patch
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Just did back-to-back HM raids. So many Ascendant shards. 
sick.gif
 Is there any use for them at all? 

Did come away with my third VoC and first Universal Remote. Just need Gallajorn, Hawkmoon, and Thunderlord and I'll have every exotic. 

We were able to get the HM done the second time around in about 55 minutes. 
pimp.gif

So this Knight sound dumb but why run it twice in a row? After the 1st run u don't get anything after that correct?
Right, but I have 3 characters at 30. So I run it 3 times a week usually.

I'll join this crew if ya'll goin at it late, like 10 CST
Any chance you might be on a little earlier?

Myself, Zero and Biggie might be down this evening for trying to see how fast we can clear a normal run. We can bust out the Gucci bag for you this one time to help you get a couple more pieces before the DLC drops and we are dedicated to the new strike, faction, and raid primarily after that.

anyone think that a level 28 warlock can get in on a hard raid run. Long shot but just the normal raid isn't gonna cut it this week sadly.

Back
Top Bottom