Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Anybody know what the required light level will be to participate in the raid tomorrow?

270 is my guess as the quest line requires it for the last mission

Thanks homie. I gotta tell Jr. to focus on his warlock since he has 2 legendary armor pieces already (chest and gloves) and to worry about the other 2 characters later.

Xur should be funny tomorrow

Y2 Truth 

Sunbreakers

Y2 Knucklehead

No exotic engram

All prob 3x the old price

Anybody know what the required light level will be to participate in the raid tomorrow?
270 is my guess as the quest line requires it for the last mission
Thanks homie. I gotta tell Jr. to focus on his warlock since he has 2 legendary armor pieces already (chest and gloves) and to worry about the other 2 characters later.
It's 290 confirmed.

@iHust1e  ......what up cuh?

glasses.gif
1st

Then

Mood

marvin.PNG

Ran into Zero and Frost at the tower randomly. Mogs ran up on me threw the red on and started dancing. Was too tired to eem be mad 
laugh.gif
The best part about this whole thing? When we surrounded him and danced, he was wearing dat FWC BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

roll.gif

Well I doubt that he reach 290 by tomorrow considering that we tryna pace ourselves and not get burned out so fast by speeding thru this content ...I'll see tonite

Well I doubt that he reach 290 by tomorrow considering that we tryna pace ourselves and not get burned out so fast by speeding thru this content ...I'll see tonite
I'll put money down that he doesn't. This grind is too real. 

On top of that, you have to unlock the questline. I doubt any of NT will be jumping into the raid first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm at 262. At the very least, by the time I'm 290 people will have done it 100 times and can let me know all the tips and cheese spots.

Last edited:

On top of that, you have to unlock the questline. I doubt any of NT will be jumping into the raid first thing tomorrow morning.

Chem and Frost may be ready, hell Chem damn near run 24/7 and we all know Frost don't sleep. :lol:

Chem and Frost may be ready, hell Chem damn near run 24/7 and we all know Frost don't sleep.
laugh.gif
Nah, Frost be slacking. He hammer time dancing too much.

I think Biggie and Prom have the lead on NT. Until we have a Nightfall fireteam, no one even thinking about the Raid. 
laugh.gif

1st

Then

Mood

Ran into Zero and Frost at the tower randomly. Mogs ran up on me threw the red on and started dancing. Was too tired to eem be mad 
laugh.gif
I was so shocked when it popped up on the side of the screen that I almost missed catching the screenshot to send to you. I yelled when I got it, and Frost said "sounds like someone got an exotic." I told him just wait a minute, he will see what it was.

They told me that they ran up on you in the tower randomly 
laugh.gif

The best part about this whole thing? When we surrounded him and danced, he was wearing dat FWC BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

roll.gif
Noooooo....you didnt tell me that last night about seeing him 
roll.gif

Chem and Frost may be ready, hell Chem damn near run 24/7 and we all know Frost don't sleep.
laugh.gif
Convinced Chem is a robot. 

Frost just catching up playing now since he slept 3 straight days waiting for that update to download and install last week 
laugh.gif

I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm at 222 and not even sure what's the best way to level up.
Wear your highest level light gear and armor regardless of stats/perks. You will start to get light level gear higher than what you currently have that way. All you can do at this point is run the strikes that you can do and keep doing all the quests that we have available. It takes some work and time to get armor and weapons but it will happen. I started last night with ~215 light and logged off with 244. I have marks to buy a legendary piece tomorrow once I find out which armor piece I will have to go with it as well. 

Nah, Frost be slacking. He hammer time dancing too much.

I think Biggie and Prom have the lead on NT. Until we have a Nightfall fireteam, no one even thinking about the Raid. 
laugh.gif

Biggie, Prom, and AllChem definitely seem like they are the furthest so far on NT. 

You right Zero. We talking about the raid and nobody even can complete the NF yet 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Thanks wrightone86 wrightone86 A lot of my pieces were Strength so I wasnt putting those on :lol:

I also received my first dead orbit shaders and didnt realize until I checked my postmaster :wow:

Didn't play them all but the new maps I did play, I liked.

I have to do some more quests, I need some decent gear to get raid ready but I think the job just offered OT, so now I have a new excuse other than laundry @bigj505

You probably told the job u had to do laundry and couldn't accept the OT
laugh.gif

I got my Titan to a 40 last night but haven't done any legendary missions to get points. Rocking some mean blue gear for now
mean.gif

Trying to figure out if I'm gonna level my other 2 guys next or try and get my Titan fully raid ready.
I was gonna start a Titan and boost him to 25, maybe I can help you fun the other characters being we both need to rank up.
My other chars are a 34 already. Can the 25 start at the taken King content? I'm could just backpack you at that point.
Think they was like 28, I'll cop a red bull to speed it up. Yeah I don't think Ill be raid ready by Friday and weekend might be crazy, def by next week. 

I think you can only get marks for daily events once a day per account. So if you did it with another character before your titan, you wouldnt get any marks for your 2nd character
Naw it was first attempt since no one else was high enough in light.

Played TTK last night. Not bad at all.

Very happy that I was able to level up pretty quick. Looking forward to playing this weekend.

I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm at 222 and not even sure what's the best way to level up.

Start knocking out quests if you haven't already. Run Patrol as well. There's a ton of chests throughout the Dreadnaught that provide engrams. If you can run Court of Oryx, do that too. You don't need runes to participate and there's a chance you'll get some engram drops.

And as mentioned above, equip your highest light level gear regardless if it's green or blue. The drops you get are scaled to be slightly above your light level.

Also, don't be afraid to infuse items. If you get a fusion rifle that's higher than a sniper you like, infuse the sniper and it will increase its light level.

Last edited:
Something I just came across and thought I would share:
Not sure how useful this is but I figured I'd post it anyway. I just got the quest for hitting Rank 2 with the Gunsmith and the first step is to get shotgun kills with a special telemetry active. I got credit for them without activating the telemetry because my Titan Mark had its bonus to shotgun XP selected. Hope this helps... a little...

Someone in comments put: 
 This potentially means they give the same bonus. So they wouldn't stack? Also good to know
They also said that a ghost shell with the glimmer bonus does NOT stack with a consumable glimmer bonus active as well. 

Someone used a 3 of coins (increases exotic drop chance on next ultra kill) and actually got an exotic engram to drop for them.

They got the 3 of coins to drop from doing the NF. They then used the 3 of coins on the level 36 strike playlist and the engram dropped from that. 

The boss fights are so much better.

Also anyone else notice you seen to be a little more durable when you power is flashing red.

Bruh that Darkblade fight was hella funny, Jr screaming like a lil ***** b/c it was totally dark and you can see dude until he walks up on you and smack you with the sword thing, so he kept on using his electricity as way to see dude ....so funny wish yall were in chat at that time. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom