Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Bruh that Darkblade fight was hella funny, Jr screaming like a lil ***** b/c it was totally dark and you can see dude until he walks up on you and smack you with the sword thing, so he kept on using his electricity as way to see dude ....so funny wish yall were in chat at that time. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Funny thing, that's the NF this week.

I got 5 Three of Coins from a NF and didnt get a single exotic drop. 
mean.gif

What's everyone at? Only been playing my Hunter, but he is at 284. 

Last edited:
Bruh that Darkblade fight was hella funny, Jr screaming like a lil ***** b/c it was totally dark and you can see dude until he walks up on you and smack you with the sword thing, so he kept on using his electricity as way to see dude ....so funny wish yall were in chat at that time. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Funny thing, that's the NF this week.

Dude wasn't that hard to kill, as long you can create some light in that room.

We used the Hunters tether + stormcallers chain electricity critical combo to take him down, and another hunter take out the exploding thralls that are coming at ya.

Can't wait to tell Jr. that he gotta do that mission again. :lol:

Probably not a "Pro-Tip" but here's something to help with boosting alts:

When considering purchasing Legendary armor from vendors, it makes sense to pick up a ghost or weapons first before you opt for class specific armor.

You can quickly equip them with your alts and artificially boost their light level to obtain better gear.

Probably not a "Pro-Tip" but here's something to help with boosting alts:

When considering purchasing Legendary armor from vendors, it makes sense to pick up a ghost or weapons first before you opt for class specific armor.

You can quickly equip them with your alts and artificially boost their light level to obtain better gear.

Yup I transferred my weapons to my hunter last night as I level him and got him to 260 in no time. This post needs to be stressed for emphasis.

I got 5 Three of Coins from a NF and didnt get a single exotic drop. 
mean.gif

What's everyone at? Only been playing my Hunter, but he is at 284. 
No you have to use the 3 of Coins when you kill the next ultra boss you fight. It doesn't increase the chance of that one you just downed. 

For sure. I used them all in Heroic Strikes right before boss fights. I got a bunch of Sublime Engrams, but no exotic drops.

save some marks for tomorrow guys, watch xur pull some **** like the first time when he sold the gghorn and people didnt have enough coins. with strange coins dropping so frequently i have a feeling coppin from xur will require legendary marks or something else. just a thought

save some marks for tomorrow guys, watch xur pull some **** like the first time when he sold the gghorn and people didnt have enough coins. with strange coins dropping so frequently i have a feeling coppin from xur will require legendary marks or something else. just a thought

While I appreciate the thinking behind this, I don't think Xur will take anything but SCs (Motes of Light notwithstanding). Just following the lore, the Nine seems to be the only place that values these as currency, so it would be hard to imagine that he doesn't maintain this.

(Perhaps this is feverish thinking though, just blew 150 coins on gear :smh: )

yeah at the end of the day i think youre right. what did you guys do with the plasteel plating,haronic essence...?

also i still have mad radiant energy wtf should i do with those?

stuck at 251 light need to get up to 280-90 by tomorrow

yeah at the end of the day i think youre right. what did you guys do with the plasteel plating,haronic essence...?

also i still have mad radiant energy wtf should i do with those?

stuck at 251 light need to get up to 280-90 by tomorrow
Just turning them in to the faction vendors for rep for the most part I think. 

I need to offload my shards and energies as well. I think the best thing to do is trade them with The Speaker for MoL and then you can use the MoL to either level up a faction, buy stuff from Xur, or to breakdown towards XP to level up. 

Last edited:
Xur has changed. 
In Year One, Xûr was a community “loot drop,” a shared rallying point that everyone could cheer or curse. In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every week. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.
Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.
Lastly, Xûr will also choose a Legacy Engram every week. These Engrams contain Year One Exotics (at Year One Attack and Defense levels) for players who want to finish up a Collection. They strongly bias towards Exotics not already in your Blueprint Collection, to help fill in the blank slots - excluding Mythoclast and Necrochasm, which are still only available from their Year One sources.

Xur has changed. 
In Year One, Xûr was a community “loot drop,” a shared rallying point that everyone could cheer or curse. In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every week. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.
Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.
Lastly, Xûr will also choose a Legacy Engram every week. These Engrams contain Year One Exotics (at Year One Attack and Defense levels) for players who want to finish up a Collection. They strongly bias towards Exotics not already in your Blueprint Collection, to help fill in the blank slots - excluding Mythoclast and Necrochasm, which are still only available from their Year One sources.
Dude that used all 5 of his 3 of Coins would like to have a word with them as well about the next one having a better chance of dropping one 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

So there is chance that it might be an exotic that a class can't even use this week?!

*Prays to RNG for them to pick Warlock armor for the first week*
grin.gif

Curious to see how much engrams will cost from Xur. If he has a helmet engram, can buy a bunch and RNGeezy until I get a new exotic one. Even Year two upgraded versions of Year one exotics is well worth it. Will it still be motes? Will be strange coins? Feel like there's guna be a bunch of pissed off people come tomorrow morning.

Curious to see how much engrams will cost from Xur. If he has a helmet engram, can buy a bunch and RNGeezy until I get a new exotic one. Even Year two upgraded versions of Year one exotics is well worth it. Will it still be motes? Will be strange coins? Feel like there's guna be a bunch of pissed off people come tomorrow morning.
I feel the same way, and the main reason I know we trying to hold off until to tomorrow to actually buy something 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom