Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I was just about to ask y'all if you think the 280 gear from Xur is worth it?

I don't have the titan helm or the A. Raiment, but at 280 I feel like I'd rather test my luck with NF/Weekly Crucible drops and exotic engram farming than use gear to infuse into...

Edit: Does anyone know if exotic engrams have a chance at decrypting to 320 after you reach 310+? Wondering if I should hold off on my engrams since I'm currently at 309.

For me, yes it's worth it. My luck with destiny has been I've been getting stuff I already have from engrams 90% of the time. I'm gonna grab the supercell with the assumption that I'll get a 310 drop to me from an engram :lol:

This LFG requirement though?!

roll.gif

Last edited:
I will get them to at least have them. I will get them and unlock the perks but not really put anything into them initially just in case I do get something since I haven't ran the NF or weekly strikes yet this week. 

Don't waste your time with the 320 exotic hope. Someone on Reddit decrypted like 42 of them at 317 light and they were all 310. I don't think they are allowing 320 exotics yet to be decrypted. Gotta use raid weapons to do so for now. 

Thanks. I did a quick youtube filtered query and came to the same conclusion. Definitely not sour about it, it would be a little crazy to have hit max LL less than 2 months after this so called "whole other game, not an expansion" released.

For me, yes it's worth it. My luck with destiny has been I've been getting stuff I already have from engrams 90% of the time. I'm gonna grab the supercell with the assumption that I'll get a 310 drop to me from an engram :lol:

I feel you. The completionist in me wants to do the same, but the rational thinker thinks that with TTK I'm going to eventually get everything that's available, at some point. Now, this coming from someone who is still looking for their first Telesto. And as a Trials player that has more fusion rifle kills than any other primary I really, really want a 310 Telesto to drop for me haha.

Last edited:

@bigj505
 The amount of times we got close 
mean.gif

Told dude I aint runnin til that dude gets triple jump and stop using them damn bones of eao, boy was swearing by those boots.

Like nah put your 296 away and get your jumps together, this is 320 bruh

Other than that and Sup breaking my heart dying on the last run, we did pretty alright
laugh.gif

So when's the struggle team gonna get back together to finish it?
laugh.gif

I'm not gonna lie.... I'm tired BUT I'm happy we tried it. I swear Sup broke my heart when he died on the last run and the homie with the 296 set up because he wanted to wear them year 1 boots.... Shame point.

I think we had it like 3 times but got done dirty.
You got kicked one time
Sup got assassinated that one time
Sup got kicked another time

We gonna finish him off tonight? JJ would probably be all about finishing it and you can tell him about how oryx punched me in the mouf last night... "Hey Sup, you ready?"
So much struggle man. I have no clue when we're gonna finish at all. We usually get in a party and if we have enough people online we run again. One of my boys wants to run from the beginning but idk if hes gonna be on so i really have no clue.

Don't worry I got the clip: 

@0:03 Me - "Iight bigj youre gonna jump after Sup jumps but it starts with your platform."

@0:05 Bigj - "OK"

@0:10 Bigj - "Hey Sup, you ready? Lets go"

@0:14 Oryx - "....nah."

roll.gif

:rofl: I b lunchin

And I'm sad we not gonna finish dude. Y'all better send me a message or something so I can jump on.

I can run my warlock up to oryx if you need a 6th. She's a 303 but I think she can be a 305 plus whatever increase she may get from running the first parts of the raid.

Just got Destiny and tried to do a mission on my own and I got about 25% and gave up, it was too many enemies. Then I kill them. They respawn cause the master is still alive.

Yea I need people to play with lmao. Idk what I'm doing.

And what's a light level? And what does it do?

Last edited:
Just got Destiny and tried to do a mission on my own and I got about 25% and gave up, it was too many enemies. Then I kill them. They respawn cause the master is still alive.

Add me im usually on late night gt Johnboy716

Add me im usually on late night gt Johnboy716
ight but I'm not level 500 or nothing I think I'm level 25 and that's only cause of Taken King, but I added you. Very confused by this game, I just figured out how to go around the map lmao.

I don't have the titan helm or the A. Raiment, but at 280 I feel like I'd rather test my luck with NF/Weekly Crucible drops and exotic engram farming than use gear to infuse into...

Edit: Does anyone know if exotic engrams have a chance at decrypting to 320 after you reach 310+? Wondering if I should hold off on my engrams since I'm currently at 309.

No.

However, if you are 311 light... any exotic engram will decrypt to 310.

No.

However, if you are 311 light... any exotic engram will decrypt to 310.

Vital info here I did not know. I'm at 310 now. Gotta see how close I am to a 311

roll.gif
I b lunchin

And I'm sad we not gonna finish dude. Y'all better send me a message or something so I can jump on.

I can run my warlock up to oryx if you need a 6th. She's a 303 but I think she can be a 305 plus whatever increase she may get from running the first parts of the raid.
nerd.gif

Vital info here I did not know. I'm at 310 now. Gotta see how close I am to a 311

Yeah man so if you like your current armor, and you have coins.. definitely buy the engram Xur sells just to get that particular legendary piece infused to 310.

BannerFall is the Trials Map

:smokin

Last edited:
View media item 1768559
Not gonna lie, just had a convo with the wife telling her about how one of my clan mates had his wife yelling at him and basically went b mode last night for playing to late.

I told her I appreciate her for not doing that kinda ish. She says it's all good I finally understand how much you love the game and it's cool to see you hang out with ur friends etc...

This pic was how I looked when she said that lol.

Jus thought I'd share the moment, felt like I just beat oryx on hard mode after she said that hahaha

:lol: I just tell my wife it's better that I'm playing games in the man cave than to be running the streets. She's like "true..."

View media item 1768559
Not gonna lie, just had a convo with the wife telling her about how one of my clan mates had his wife yelling at him and basically went b mode last night for playing to late.

I told her I appreciate her for not doing that kinda ish. She says it's all good I finally understand how much you love the game and it's cool to see you hang out with ur friends etc...

Jus thought I'd share the moment, felt like I just beat oryx on hard mode after she said that hahaha

:lol: I just tell my wife it's better that I'm playing games in the man cave than to be running the streets. She's like "true..."

:wow:

laugh.gif
I just tell my wife it's better that I'm playing games in the man cave than to be running the streets. She's like "true..."
embarassed.gif
LMAO that reasoning doesn't work for your lady JJ, she be unplugging the router on you.

This. Once she hears that intro music, she knows I'm in for the night. :lol:

there was a time when she used to watch me play games too.... :frown:

But I was always stupid when I died tho. She talked like she was the OG gamer spitting knowledge :lol:

At 5 wins, it looks like you get an armor drop. Someone got a Titan mark and others got boots. Light level ranging from 300-310.
Some of the rewards people got from the Lighthouse:

310 Scout Rifle, Hidden Hand and Full Auto

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/Murzealous

314 Auto Rifle, Rangefinder and Persistence

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/RagedM0nkey

311 Scout Rifle, Outlaw and Full Auto

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/StepdadofJesus

Here's  the emblem.
Someone else reported getting that scout as an end of game reward and not from the Lighthouse as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom