**DMP's RE-Released today in Arizona!!** with a blurry pic

Shiekh does this to promote their new stores all the time... The reason they did this on Saturday isbecause of All Star Weekend, and to get people in their stores... They keep extra Air Jordan's at their main warehouse for events like this...

When I GRAND-OPENED the Scottsdale Fashion Square store about 3 years ago, we had 6 pairs of Altitude XIII's a year after release...I talked to one of the employees on Saturday evening at Metrocenter, and they hit about $40,000 in sales just for that day (especially with the JordanPromotional Event for the 2K9 going on right next to it)...

Now you know why they had DMP's more than 3 years after the original release...

they are going to crumble
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I was an assistant manager at a Shiekh for like a year and yes some stores are definitely shady. The store that I worked at didn't get every releaseand even as an employee I couldnt get my size at other stores in the area. I even went in the morning on release day before and was told that they had my sizeset aside for a "regular customer".

Previous posters are indeed correct. They save some of every big release, so that when they open new stores they can make it a big event.

They have been punished by nike in the past. When i worked there one store was caught selling early and as punishment no Shiekh's received green beanV's, or at least that's what managers in my district were told and none of us got them.

Having said that, nike seemingly has a pretty tight relationship with Shiekh. Nike folks came in and set up a whole section of the SF flagship store whenit opened and I've also heard managers talk about nike reps bringing in samples for their opinions.

I also worked at footlocker for a couple years and saw way more shady stuff go on there than I've ever heard of happening at a Shiekh. In my opinionsome Shiekh's are definitely screwing up, but if you think about it, they only represent a small slice of the market. There are a lot more footlockers andfinishlines out there. The total amount of rule breaking by the bigger chains is waaaay bigger. So Shiekh messing up here and there is unfair, and like Isaid, they'll get the ocasional slap on the wrist, but it's probably not a big concern for nike.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

That's insane...never ever heard of somethin like this happening!
oh on the contrary....i remember dr jays all around NYC getting re-stocks of concords, space jams, and black and red XI's 5 years after theydropped....outta no where.

Resellers get zero sympathy from me when they get the wrong shoes, especially when they want a G for them. I would be stoked to get a DMP with a 12.5 concordand a size 12 6. I would wear them

I work for Shiek they save packages for new stores I also copped the levis pack but the f***en punjabi manager wouldn't transfer it to my store I waspissed they had my size for if u get me the style number il check which shieks have it but I hate those punjabi managers on the real

countrycollects wrote:
They have been punished by nike in the past. When i worked there one store was caught selling early and as punishment no Shiekh's received green bean V's, or at least that's what managers in my district were told and none of us got them.

not receiving green bean V's was the punishment? receiving 5x the amount than any otherstore wouldve been more appropriate
roll.gif

If you where an 8, why can u not where an 8.5? that makes no sence. Comeon like u cannot go up 1/2 a size on a shoe? I can go from 10.5 to 11.5 with noproblem.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

If you where an 8, why can u not where an 8.5? that makes no sence. Comeon like u cannot go up 1/2 a size on a shoe? I can go from 10.5 to 11.5 with no problem.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by watson24

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

If you where an 8, why can u not where an 8.5? that makes no sence. Comeon like u cannot go up 1/2 a size on a shoe? I can go from 10.5 to 11.5 with no problem.

eek.gif

If you post? why can you not read? That makes no sense. Come on like you couldnt read before posting? He already statedhe does not wear an 8. Pay ATTENTION

Back
Top Bottom