Do yall take vitamins

Prescription for fish oil and sometimes a dried green power I got from whole foods

Read an article about multivitamins causing cancer.

Take fish oil, pine pollen and a probiotic. In the morning I drink blended up kale, Apple, celery, ginger, garlic and cucumber.

Feel pretty good everyday and haven't been sick in about a year I believe. I have a very weak immune system from years of taking medicine so a year is fairly good for me.

You can't get a lot of vitamins just from eating foods, Vitamin C for example is very important.

Good multivitamin with a healthy diet, lots of greens, helps keeps me going and relatively healthy.

Kinda wild you would say that with all confidence, then use vitamin c as an example considering how easy it is to meet that with food. 1 orange could probably take care of your daily intake.

Read an article about multivitamins causing cancer.

Take fish oil, pine pollen and a probiotic. In the morning I drink blended up kale, Apple, celery, ginger, garlic and cucumber.

Feel pretty good everyday and haven't been sick in about a year I believe. I have a very weak immune system from years of taking medicine so a year is fairly good for me.

EVERYTHING causes cancer nowadays. Its comical.

I swear most vitamins are placebos

Depends.

If you eat the perfect meals every day, every meal, then you can get the vitamins you need from those.

But that's really hard to do.

this is completely false.

Instead of saying that's false why don't you explain your thoughts on it?

You don't need to eat a "perfect meal" everyday to reach your recommended vitamin intake. If you are eating food at all, you're most likely getting all the vitamins you need, unless you're eating 1 food item everyday for months at a time.

It's not really hard to do. at all.

Look at a Big Mac. There are vitamins in it. A candy bar has vitamins in it.

My point is, people following the SAD diet shouldn't be concerned with taking vitamin supplements unless they have health issues that cause the malabsorption of vitamins. (Smokers need an increased amount of certain vitamins, elderly people need more, people with certain chronic diseases.) Basically taking a multivitamin might help you fill in gaps in your diet, but in MOST cases that money could be spent in better ways.

*edit: Ya'll also need to be talking to your healthcare providers about this stuff. It's not that hard to take a toxic amount of vitamins through supplementation. Think about the fat soluble vitamins. They don't get peed out quickly like water soluble ones. So they build up in the liver, where they get metabolized. Consume too much for your liver to handle, and you've just poisoned yourself.

Last edited:
Yep.

Multi, vitamin D, and fish oil.

placebo or not, i have been getting sick a lot less ever since i started taking them.

colds and flus are rare occasions for me now.

I've been taking multi-vitamins every night. Trying to make sure I don't get the flu this winter. Especially with my daughter tentative to be born in November.

Honestly, I need to clean up my diet and eat healthier.

about to start drinking smoothies because I be on the go so much I dont have time to cook or eat healthy everyday

I would like to make a smoothie in the morning and pack it with all of the healthy things my body needs

any suggestions? I know Kale, peanut butter, and blueberry are good I also hear people talk about seeds?

about to start drinking smoothies because I be on the go so much I dont have time to cook or eat healthy everyday

I would like to make a smoothie in the morning and pack it with all of the healthy things my body needs

any suggestions? I know Kale, peanut butter, and blueberry are good I also hear people talk about seeds?
you gon hate it

kale, peanut butter, and blueberry?? 

i hope you just spewin out ingredients and not a formula for a smoothie

you gon hate it

kale, peanut butter, and blueberry?? 

i hope you just spewin out ingredients and not a formula for a smoothie

yeah im just calling out ingredients

I'll find out combinations later :lol:

I would imagine you would try to balance nasty foods with good tasting fruits like pineapple and banana

i take a multivitamin every morning.  

then vitamin c and fish oil with my dinner after work.  

i dont know if it's because of the vitamins but i have endless energy.  i work 40+ hours, workout everyday, and still go out frequently. 

i eat healthy too which of course is the main thing but imo vitamins help and even if they dont they arent harmful.

i also gave up cheese over a year ago and i have felt fantastic ever since.

i take a multivitamin every morning.  
then vitamin c and fish oil with my dinner after work.  

i dont know if it's because of the vitamins but i have endless energy.  i work 40+ hours, workout everyday, and still go out frequently. 
i eat healthy too which of course is the main thing but imo vitamins help and even if they dont they arent harmful.

i also gave up cheese over a year ago and i have felt fantastic ever since.

if you dont mind me asking what do you eat on a day to day basis

im so busy I have no time to actually get my veggies and brown rice in

im always grabbing chic fil a or chipotle

Back
Top Bottom