Do you still stay with your parents?

Moved out last year as a 30 year old. Love it lol
I was cool with them, but mad comfy. This made me grow up and hustle even more. I want to learn more about real estate.

I do miss them and invite them over all the time. Plus I was missing some pieces coming over cuz they were strict and also embarrassing :lol:
Also 100% will let them move in with me. But. I would build an ADU.

Lived on my own from 2013-2020. Once I started dating my current girlfriend my mom offered up the second living space in her mother-daughter house. I wasn't saving much with my $2K/month rent, so I figured the timing was right.

Even with my own space it's been a challenge at times dealing with my mom's temperament. I still pay rent, but it's a fraction of what I was paying when I had my own space. In the past 2 years I've been here I've saved a ton of money and I've put myself in a situation where a sizable down payment on a house has become entirely feasible.

My girl finishes up PA school this semester and just got word that she's already got a job offer lined up. The job is in Staten Island so we're looking at spots in west Brooklyn. Probably gonna rent out there for a few years so she can stack up as well and we can get an even nicer house when it comes time to move back to the sticks.

I love the freedom of having my own space, but the amount of money I'm currently saving is worth the hassle of dealing with my mom's neurosis.

Try and buy a house near a college campus and start your own fraternity.
Funny cuz that's what one of my rich friends did in undergrad. Bought a house and restarted a defunct fraternity. Got alot of heat from my black friends for why I would join a white frat when I should join their black frats. Ultimately didn't join any frat but enjoyed all the perks with the house parties :smokin

My parents are set for a well-off life on their own.
My mother-in-law would move in with us when her husband passes.
Family took care of us. Wife and I been hustling to earn up, save up and invest so we could take care of our son and our parents when it’s time.

Back
Top Bottom