Dog Breeders, Pet Lovers, Pug Owners...School me on Pugs!

i've decided that i'm gonna cop a dog. i've been wanting a dog since i was little. now that i'm financially stable and whatnot, i want one!

specifically a Pug. i think they are dope and cute (pause) and men in black confirmed it to me. lol.

i know it's a general statement, but looking for as much info as possible. ex. price, what age should the Pug be when i cop, etc...

Pug owners, can you give me your experiences and stuff? how are they? how do they behave?

i appreciate at. i'll be looking into more info on the web as well.

gracias. d=]

not a pug owner, but i've researched them.� dont do it.� they have tons and tons of problems.� if you do decide to get them, have at least $2k backup foremergency vet bills.

mutts almost always have better overall health.� look into getting a puggle.

Ah pugs, wonderful little dogs they are. My wife and I have one, and he's an awesome little guy. They are very loyal and love their owners immensely. Theyaren't overly hyperactive, and like to play from time to time, but they are mostly content with sitting on the lap of their owner. They are pretty smart,but can be very stubborn, and often don't listen the first time you tell them something. They can be prone to food allergies (our is on a limitedingredient diet) and he gets no human food, except for some watermelon from time to time. Also seasonal allergies from weeds and plants can bother them. Also,with pugs, its very important not to over feed them, they will eat and eat and eat.

All in all we love our pug, and all dogs come with health concerns, but pugs can be extra sensitive. But if you are looking for a loving dog, that can chillout in the house, they are a perfect fit. Good luck!

my dog was like that when we first got her...she wouldn't go down the steps...even now she'll only go down on the right...if youre in her way she justwaits till she can get on the right...

I went to a pet store and they had Puggles, completely over prices but it was the most adorable puppy everrr! I still want one.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

not a pug owner,
Stopped reading there...

Pugs are great dogs. They were originally bread to be watch dogs so in my experience they will usually bark unexpectedly when they're sitting in the house.That's not a big deal imo. They're just being protective of you. You'll have to train it not to or just leave it alone, and it'll most likelygrow out of it after a while.

They're also a little stubborn, but again it's not really a big deal.

If you can get the runt of the litter do it, cus they stay small and cute for life.
pimp.gif

And when you're going to buy it lay the dog on its back. If it tries to nip at your hand while on its back, then don't pick that one. You want the onethat does nothing and remain submissive. One time we had one that actually fell asleep.
laugh.gif

You also have to periodically clean the top of their nose so it doesn't get infected, and they're prone to breathing problems so it'll snore. Justmake it sleep in another room if that bothers you.

Make sure to keep it active so it doesn't get overweight.

If you decide to get a girl & breed you'll need to have about $1,200 on hand just in case you need to pay for a c-section. I suggest you get a boybecause of this.

p.s. Get a black one too. They look way better & you won't notice any hair on your cloths.

They shed a TON, are psycho for the first few years and are prone to many many health problems, including breathing problems, allergies and skin conditions.They're great dogs though, so many people have them in my neighborhood. Get a black one and name it Nibbler
pimp.gif

thanks for the info y'all. some good info. in here. and about the puggle, i seen one today at a pet store, it was pretty dope.

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna stick with the pug though. i have no idea what to name it. lol. anyone else can hook it up with more info and experiences?

thanks.

pimp.gif
@ Tony Starks.

Pugs have respiratory problems due to there snubbed noses, which create problems in the long run, Other than that, I don't know any negatives

jackiechizzan wrote:
not a pug owner, but i've researched them.� dont do it.� they have tons and tons of problems.� if you do decide to get them, have at least $2k backup for emergency vet bills.

mutts almost always have better overall health.� look into getting a puggle.

i'd be a little precautious going down those rickety !%% "stairs" too, looks like the door is�on a roof, and the stairs is a gutter...
��

whatever type of dog im getting im gona name it Juice, nickname OJ or the Juiceman haha. I wanted a bulldog, think im gona get my daughter a puggle though forChristmas.

I've got a pug, he's pretty awesome. Barks at all the neighbor kids when they get off the school bus, since the stop is directly in front of my house.Sheds a lot, as previously stated, hes really had no health problems, thank god. I'd definitely recommend.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

i want a dog, whats a nice cute dog that doesnt get big, if at all?

toy poodle...my dog is about 8 pounds and thats only cuz she's getting old and gaining weight...

My cousin has a pug which I helped raise and he is an awsome dog. Great temperment, great with kids, not an aggressive bone in his body. Very lazy, and not adog that you should run with. You are gonna have to clean his nose wrinke at least every couple of days, and keep his ears clean as well. Also, it's bestto keep him out of extreme heat cause they have a difficult time regulating hot temperatures becasue of they're flat face. They also snore a lot. I suggestyou do more research before buying one.

my mom was a breeder, has 6 pugs, vet bills on her champion show dog average another mortgage payment a month, imagine how it is for 6 of em....

Pug owner
pimp.gif

Pros: Pugs are great dog to have. Kind, loving, companion-like and loyal. Pugs will always have your back

Cons: Health...you have to be careful, pugs can get fat REALLY easily since they're kind of lazy. Pugs make loud noises generally when breathing [minesounds like a f450], they can sometimes be too friendly to where they run after other people to play...and love to play with other dogs to where they can cryif they can't play. Pugs get attached real easy..so for their first toy make sure it's something that won't break easy or is full of stuff that canmake a mess like small balls [nh]

heres my beauty
2921_91436856205_660581205_2898755_8207888_n.jpg

5932_129202876205_660581205_3501361_91006_n.jpg

Originally Posted by RBeezy32

Ah pugs, wonderful little dogs they are. My wife and I have one, and he's an awesome little guy. They are very loyal and love their owners immensely. They aren't overly hyperactive, and like to play from time to time, but they are mostly content with sitting on the lap of their owner. They are pretty smart, but can be very stubborn, and often don't listen the first time you tell them something. They can be prone to food allergies (our is on a limited ingredient diet) and he gets no human food, except for some watermelon from time to time. Also seasonal allergies from weeds and plants can bother them. Also, with pugs, its very important not to over feed them, they will eat and eat and eat.

All in all we love our pug, and all dogs come with health concerns, but pugs can be extra sensitive. But if you are looking for a loving dog, that can chill out in the house, they are a perfect fit. Good luck!

This is pretty much it, just a question though, can you post the diet you have your pug on? I think mine has a food allergies, my girl feeds him the crappiestdog food IMO, and I'm gonna change that. Also, Pugs are hilarious they are clowns.

Another good tip on taking care of them, you MUST clean their folds/wrinkles daily. Here's mine, crappy pics I know.
3839034288_d47a262a2c_o.jpg
3838244579_dbc97f0a95_o.jpg

ya they have tons of breathing problems because of the short nose they have. Thats why puggles are nice cause the beagle in them takes most of that out ofthem. i love my puggle, loves people and other dogs, and for some reason doesnt bark at all.
this is bomber, hes 4-5 months in the picture.
8418_526211332768_165702492_31355033_5722591_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom