Dressing Better Vol 2.0

[quote name="bence23"][/quote]

At least you've seen the light. Looks much better now and not walking around looking like a monster.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why shoemakers still make square toed shoes...

Squared toe shoes are usually made of cheap or synthetic leather and with rubber soles are cheap in cost.

That defect doesn't even look like it'd be hard to fix... A needle and some thread and you'd be good to go >D

Won't work, sewing kit needles don't penetrate leather well.

Hahahah.
That's because brolic guys have no place in Zara. Heck, I have no place in Zara and I'm only 160 lbs.

Asians love to be pale. There's cream and oral tablets that make them paler. My family was disappointed at how more tan I am now since I moved to the states :lol:

For those wondering: Tanner skin means exposure to the sun aka manual labor. Rich folks don't do that. Eastern counterparts usually look down upon on all South Eastern Asians.

Seriously teaching about skin tone in Latin Cultures specifically and how the darker you are in the Latino world, the lower you are in ranking.

Squared toe shoes are usually made of cheap or synthetic leather and with rubber soles are cheap in cost.
Won't work, sewing kit needles don't penetrate leather well.
Seriously teaching about skin tone in Latin Cultures specifically and how the darker you are in the Latino world, the lower you are in ranking.
I always thought us black folk only did this. So damn ignorant..sucks.

Racist society has made it in every continent the darker citizens are seen is lesser, lol there are cats in Thailand and the Philippines just as dark as me but you never see them unless you visit

this is embarassing, but i have photographic proof of dat DNBT influence in the past 5 months or so .. i was a square toed monster..

BEFORE: :x

AFTER:

Adrian and carlin are smiling somewhere! Good job though.

Racist society has made it in every continent the darker citizens are seen is lesser, lol there are cats in Thailand and the Philippines just as dark as me but you never see them unless you visit
Very true. I had a friend as a kid back in the homeland. She was very dark and had curly hair. She was also Muslim. No one wanted to be her friend. Felt bad for her.

It's not as bad now though since a lot of expats live there. Expats are usually very well off. Rap music is also blowing up, well been popping for a decade now so it's becoming more accepting though the older hiso "high society" still have the old mentality.

Funny that my family members really want me to marry a snow bunny :rofl:

I scooped some Zara jeans and chino's a few months ago when they had their big winter sale. $20 bucks for their skinny fit denim is a good deal. It's the most I'd pay from them going forward. Their jeans are better quality than H&M and Uniqlo, but definitely not worth the $70-$80 retail. Zara is a cool spot though, recommended if you like the fast fashion style.
I'd like em if everything wasnt made for dudes under 150lbs.

Their stuff is SUPER skinny. 
sick.gif

I'm convinced I'll never find an off the rack dress shirt that fits well. From neck to chest I'm normal sized, but my midsection is EXTREMELY narrow. So frustrating having to tailor shirts that are already expensive
A perfect shirt for me would be a mix of Brooks Brothers arms and chest with the torso of Zara :lol: anyone have any recommendations?

and no, this isn't a humble brag. I'm not swole, just have the midsection of a fit 14 year old

Last edited:
I'd like em if everything wasnt made for dudes under 150lbs.

Their stuff is SUPER skinny. :x
I'm finna hit the gym tomorrow and head straight to Zara to try
I'm convinced I'll never find an off the rack dress shirt that fits well. From neck to chest I'm normal sized, but my midsection is EXTREMELY narrow. So frustrating having to tailor shirts that are already expensive
A perfect shirt for me would be a mix of Brooks Brothers arms and chest with the torso of Zara :lol: anyone have any recommendations?

and no, this isn't a humble brag. I'm not swole, just have the midsection of a fit 14 year old
Have you thought about MTM or bespoken shirts?

I saw a few for $90-$100 but at that price point might as well keep doing what I'm doing. Any cheaper alternatives? 60-80 would be perfect for me

I saw a few for $90-$100 but at that price point might as well keep doing what I'm doing. Any cheaper alternatives? 60-80 would be perfect for me
How much are you paying for shirt? Your initial post stated you were frustrated tailoring shirts that are already expensive so I was thinking about the line of Paul Smith main line, Brioni, etc. that's $250+ per shirt.

Depending on the fabrics you choose, be it 1 ply, 2 ply, Thomas Mason, etc. www.mytailor.com starts at around $60 I think. Most of mine from them are $80-90 each. You can really customize them from the collar to single button or double cuff, hidden placket, etc.

I think Adrian uses a cheaper MTM service in moderntailor.com, maybe he can chime in since I don't use them.

My idea of expensive shirts is a lot different from you and RFX :lol: I usually spend 80-90 and get them tailored for 10-20. thanks for the link. I've seen more affordable MTM sites but I've never heard anyone vouch for them, so this should help

My idea of expensive shirts is a lot different from you and RFX :lol: I usually spend 80-90 and get them tailored for 10-20. thanks for the link. I've seen more affordable MTM sites but I've never heard anyone vouch for them, so this should help

:lol: It's all good, man.

If you already have a good fitting shirt, that would make a great base line for MTM.

I used it as a foundation for my transition but I think I'm throwing the towel in on Banana Republic. Had a F&F coupon so went to look around. Accessories are still a go. Scooped up some socks and a tie for less than $20.

I used to grab pants/trousers from there all the time. Cheap too, made sure they were 100% wool. Looked around today, only had one style of pants that were wool (classic grey). Bummed out, maybe because all the winter stuff is gone. Shirt selection wasn't good either.

Wait for a 52 to pop up :evil:

I am man, hopefully something pops up soon… :smh:

Wis - Thanks bro, I will definitely look into it

Retroflashback - I will take a look

Flyknit - Have you seen that Schott in person yet? and what sz was your TOJ?

Marz- Damn your AE experience has been crappy… bad batch

omgitswes - Thanks bro

Last edited:

:lol: It's all good, man.

If you already have a good fitting shirt, that would make a great base line for MTM.

sfc415 sfc415 A number of members here order from Moderntailor.com. Their shirts range from $30-$100+ (Use my referral link to get $20 off first order - http://moderntailor.refr.cc/NGJRX5J )

Like Wis suggested, you can either provide body measurements or measure your best fitting shirt and make adjustments accordingly.

Also, 40% off extra on clearance stuff at J. Crew. Lots of decent stuff when I saw today...sports coats, polos, t's, shirts, and even their own desert boots.

Back
Top Bottom