Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Far from NY unfortunately.

Went to a tailor today and that was very helpful. She basically said the same stuff you guys did...jacket is basically unfixable. Pants can be fixed pretty easily.

Sooo now I'm in the process of deciding what I want to do. Probably will purchase a new suit and find the closest I can to that color...and sell my old suit somewhere ha

If anyone has any other recommendations of stores other than what has been posted please let me know. Thanks!

Like others have said, try suit supply. Great suits and quality. Great customer service too. Especially in your situation where you need a suit in a short time

Like others have said, try suit supply. Great suits and quality. Great customer service too. Especially in your situation where you need a suit in a short time
Suit Supply or Indochino?
I gave you the heads up on that discount purely because it would end up being a cheaper option.

If you got the bread to spend, DEFINITELY go Suit Supply. For beginning cats, an off the rack option is much safer than MTM. Eem if you end up saving some money, it'll be a headache if that suit doesn't come out right your first go.

@TVobach

If you're in NY, then hit up these guys

http://www.blacklapel.com/suits
Far from NY unfortunately.

Went to a tailor today and that was very helpful. She basically said the same stuff you guys did...jacket is basically unfixable. Pants can be fixed pretty easily.

Sooo now I'm in the process of deciding what I want to do. Probably will purchase a new suit and find the closest I can to that color...and sell my old suit somewhere ha

If anyone has any other recommendations of stores other than what has been posted please let me know. Thanks!
If nobody mentioned it, you can go with the Steezy favorite J Crew.  I got an e-mail about 30% off the Ludlow line for the next week or so, would make the prices reasonable if you want something you can see in store and at your size, the jacket + slim pants should be fine with minimal tailoring...as long as you buy the right size.

Otherwise, I'd have to agree that you should at least check out Suit Supply.  Get your measurements and call customer service if need be.

I was gonna ask if you got it in-store or online but I just checked my e-mail and it looks like a one-time use, distinct code...no sure if it's only usable under the account it's attached to.  Valid until the 22nd so if I don't use it and you can, I'll send it to you before then.

Oh ****, it also specifies:
*Offer valid on the purchase of the following men’s Ludlow  suit styles: Italian linen-cotton (style numbers 75547, 75486, A0518, A0494); Italian oxford cloth (style numbers A0482, A0484); Italian chino (style numbers A0503, A0498, A0514, A0520); délavé Italian linen (style numbers A0463, A0465, A0473); Italian cotton (style numbers A0530, A0532); English spring wool (style numbers A0535, A0545); Japanese chambray (style numbers 75427, 75321, A8013, 08022); Italian cotton piqué (style numbers A0491, A0493, A0499); Japanese seersucker (style numbers A0526, A0528, 02071, 69562, 12444); Italian wool (style numbers A1410, A1409); microstripe cotton (style numbers A5955, A5956, A6199); Japanese cotton (style numbers A5957, A5958); Italian cotton-silk (style numbers A5959, A5960); Italian wool-linen (style numbers A5961, A5962, A5987); tartan cotton-linen (style numbers A5988, A6197, A6198); and Irish linen (style numbers 25269, 15785, 91031, 91045) in J.Crew stores and at jcrew.com  from July 8, 2014, 12:01am ET through July 22, 2014, 11:59pm ET. Offer not valid in J.Crew Factory stores, at jcrewfactory.com  or on phone orders. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases and cannot be redeemed for cash or used in combination with any other offer. One-time use only. This email must be presented in store at time of purchase to receive discount. To redeem online, enter the above code in the promo code box at checkout. Limit one promo code per order. Offer valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change. 
Did you get one of those listed?  Kind of a pain in the *** to look up but I guess it covers most current/full-price styles and the style # should be on the tag.

Last edited:
Woah, I just spent $600 on a Ludlow. Think they'll reimburse me?:lol:

How recently did you buy it? Like has been said before, their customer service is top notch. Try giving them a call or email. I've had them adjust prices before but I used my store card on the purcchases.

$600? You goofd b.

Ksteez got y'all brain washed like jcrew really is that ish :smh:

Last edited:
Wanted to share some photos with you guys.

First, thanks to @Grizzlyboy for sending this from the scavenger hunt he did. Super nice of him, and it will be put to good use for sure!

I saved up to splurge on some Carmina shoes. The boots are ridiculously nice. The loafers too, but unfortunately they are too big :frown:

$600? You goofd b.

Ksteez got y'all brain washed like jcrew really is that ish :smh:
I'm tempted to just build my wardrobe with deeply discounted J. Crew items as I no longer care about clothing as I once did. Mother of pearl or plastic buttons are minute details to me now.

I'm tempted to just build my wardrobe with deeply discounted J. Crew items as I no longer care about clothing as I once did. Mother of pearl or plastic buttons are minute details to me now.

LMAO. Son what has been up with you lately? My PM is always open if you wanna talk about it. Srs.

Suit Supply or Indochino?

I have suits from both. I would go with SuitSupply, you're taking a risk at the suit not fitting properly and needing a remake from Indochino and you can add another 3-4 weeks to the initial 3-4 week delivery time. SuitSupply will get you, your suits to your door by early next week.

Wanted to share some photos with you guys.

First, thanks to @Grizzlyboy for sending this from the scavenger hunt he did. Super nice of him, and it will be put to good use for sure!

I saved up to splurge on some Carmina shoes. The boots are ridiculously nice. The loafers too, but unfortunately they are too big :frown:

Beautiful!

LMAO. Son what has been up with you lately? My PM is always open if you wanna talk about it. Srs.
Huh?

I'm doing great, man. I got 5 job offers within the last month or so. Starting a new gig soon.

People changed. Before the clothing thing I was into cars and modding. I now drive the least expensive car I've ever owned.

When I was copping gear, I was on a fast pace. I was copping a toj, MTM suit and Aldens monthly :lol:

I have dope trousers that I've never worn yet. That's why I'm scaling back.

Id also would rather use the bread to create memories. $5k for a bespoke suit from the Armoury or a dope vacation. At this point I would pick the latter. Word up to Doc Rob wearing Hilfiger suits and lounging around the world.

Ps: I keep in touch with the regulars routinely so the support line is there :lol:

Huh?

I'm doing great, man. I got 5 job offers within the last month or so. Starting a new gig soon.

People changed. Before the clothing thing I was into cars and modding. I now drive the least expensive car I've ever owned.

When I was copping gear, I was on a fast pace. I was copping a toj, MTM suit and Aldens monthly :lol:

I have dope trousers that I've never worn yet. That's why I'm scaling back.

Id also would rather use the bread to create memories. $5k for a bespoke suit from the Armoury or a dope vacation. At this point I would pick the latter. Word up to Doc Rob wearing Hilfiger suits and lounging around the world.

Ps: I keep in touch with the regulars routinely so the support line is there :lol:

i can respect it :smokin

i can respect it :smokin
The more money I make, the less I want to spend. Sometimes when I'm hungry and near home, I'll come back and eat my prep meals to save money :lol:

I'm nearing 30 so I'm trying to save as aggressively as possible for a fat down on a crib, wedding (when I find the one), etc.

Plus my closet is seriously full at the moment. I was flipping through my wardrobe and I forgot I had some purple wool trousers among other things I copped 2 years ago. I need to start wearing the clothes more to get the money's worth. As much as I try to stay active I seriously doubt I'll be the same weight in 10 years due to metabolism slowing down and all. Another reason that made my push.

There are still lux things I have on the list: JLC Reverso, PAM 000, Rolex GMT 2 and a dope Goyard bag. However, I'm in no rush at the moment.

Isn't the bride's family supposed to pay for the wedding?

I do agree with your memories vs. material point, though. I'm not much of a traveller, so I've always erred towards the latter. But I've long since reached a point where the actual act of buying and owning an item doesn't even excite anymore. My goal for next year is to keep a tan year round and hit up all the tennis Grand Slams (except for the Australian Open).

Maturity 101.

Last edited:

Def where I'm at right now in life.

The more money I make, the less I want to spend. Sometimes when I'm hungry and near home, I'll come back and eat my prep meals to save money :lol:

I'm nearing 30 so I'm trying to save as aggressively as possible for a fat down on a crib, wedding (when I find the one), etc.

Plus my closet is seriously full at the moment. I was flipping through my wardrobe and I forgot I had some purple wool trousers among other things I copped 2 years ago. I need to start wearing the clothes more to get the money's worth. As much as I try to stay active I seriously doubt I'll be the same weight in 10 years due to metabolism slowing down and all. Another reason that made my push.

There are still lux things I have on the list: JLC Reverso, PAM 000, Rolex GMT 2 and a dope Goyard bag. However, I'm in no rush at the moment.

Definitely agree with this. Buying my place has so far been one of the best things I've done. We'll see how the current real estate bubble goes though!

Also, my metabolism went to ish in my late 20s. Had to adjust the wardrobe accordingly.

Isn't the bride's family supposed to pay for the wedding?

I do agree with your memories vs. material point, though. I'm not much of a traveller, so I've always erred towards the latter. But I've long since reached a point where the actual act of buying and owning an item doesn't even excite anymore. My goal for next year is to keep a tan year round and hit up all the tennis Grand Slams (except for the Australian Open).

Maturity 101.
:lol: I need to find one of the family's rich friend's daughter. I grew to believe that every place in the U.S. has its own unique offering. I also want to travel abroad to visit places like England, France, Spain, etc. I really want to visit London, Leeds, and its surrounding areas due to my love for fashion. There's folks that helped me so much that I haven't met yet.

That's the downfall of dating at my age. Most of the girls I find lack the income to do the things I want to do. :frown: Might need to join Match or E Harmony or something :lol:

I don't even want a big wedding, man. I don't even have that many folks to invite. I've only been to one wedding and it was my cousin's. The groom's parents copped them a house, and my aunt copped them two whips.

I didn't have the jacket on, but this was a Hugo Boss "slim". This thing was tailored twice by their inhouse tailor in Beverly Hills :lol: He refused to make it slimmer despite me bringing GQ mags for visual.

A picture of their second ceremony (for friends and non close family members). I thought it was OD they had a sword to cut the big cakes and all.

Spending less on clothes is always a good idea.
You don't get a saying until you get lux sneakers, man.

Definitely agree with this. Buying my place has so far been one of the best things I've done. We'll see how the current real estate bubble goes though!

Also, my metabolism went to ish in my late 20s. Had to adjust the wardrobe accordingly.
I'm 28 now and my physique has maintained...knock on wood. I only eat bad 2-3 times a week though and hit the gym 5-6 times a week. It's a great stress reliever for me.

I don't even know where I want to settle down yet. The doc, a few other regulars and I were talking. $500k doesn't get much in SoCal...it's a middle class area at best. I've been looking at Atlanta, and Houston, among other places. I'm not sure if I can do the snow so that leaves a lot of places out. I was mad scared traveling to the midwest in the dead winter. Had to Youtube "how to drive in the snow" real quick, real real quick.

It's been a while since I put some thoughts into a blog post. I think this applies to everyone. Most recent with Adrian going from dressing like a newspaper boy in the 70s to wearing Balenciaga sneakers :lol:

Last edited:
Iterating Wis' thoughts, I have recently started traveling around lately as well (although domestically) and it has been a blast - learning about the different cultures/history and surrounding yourself in different environments definitely helps you put things in perspective and shape your way of thinking.

That being said, does anyone know of any sales for some nice boots that could be used during the rain/snow? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom