Dressing Better Vol 2.0

LMAO. Son what has been up with you lately? My PM is always open if you wanna talk about it. Srs.
Huh?

I'm doing great, man. I got 5 job offers within the last month or so. Starting a new gig soon.

People changed. Before the clothing thing I was into cars and modding. I now drive the least expensive car I've ever owned.

When I was copping gear, I was on a fast pace. I was copping a toj, MTM suit and Aldens monthly
laugh.gif

I have dope trousers that I've never worn yet. That's why I'm scaling back.

Id also would rather use the bread to create memories. $5k for a bespoke suit from the Armoury or a dope vacation. At this point I would pick the latter. Word up to Doc Rob wearing Hilfiger suits and lounging around the world.

Ps: I keep in touch with the regulars routinely so the support line is there
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

word to sartaega!

Iterating Wis' thoughts, I have recently started traveling around lately as well (although domestically) and it has been a blast - learning about the different cultures/history and surrounding yourself in different environments definitely helps you put things in perspective and shape your way of thinking.

That being said, does anyone know of any sales for some nice boots that could be used during the rain/snow? Thanks in advance
I think the Nordstrom sale starts this weekend to the public. I was able to preview it since last week and there's several Red Wings and Wolverine 1k's included.

The LL Beans Duck Boots are also a good cheaper alternative. I think they retail at around $150.

I was just kidding around wis. I've BEEN saying travel > clothes in here since I entered. Just strange to see you of all people go the heavily discount route since I know you're doing well career wise but that's what's up.

Gotta date rich girls too that can offer you some unique experiences through themselves or family. Lure them in with the luxury sneakers like I do :rofl:

I'm considering these grey j crew sk8 his for some beaters.

Last edited:
Isn't the bride's family supposed to pay for the wedding?

I do agree with your memories vs. material point, though. I'm not much of a traveller, so I've always erred towards the latter. But I've long since reached a point where the actual act of buying and owning an item doesn't even excite anymore. My goal for next year is to keep a tan year round and hit up all the tennis Grand Slams (except for the Australian Open).

Maturity 101.

Definitely agree. Thankfully have been able to do both travel and material. With the baby on the way we are going to be changing some things around that's for sure. Outside of baby stuff I think I'll make one last big menswear purchase and that'll be it. Wifey and I are looking to buy a bigger home as well, so savings will be going into overdrive.

:lol: I need to find one of the family's rich friend's daughter. I grew to believe that every place in the U.S. has its own unique offering. I also want to travel abroad to visit places like England, France, Spain, etc. I really want to visit London, Leeds, and its surrounding areas due to my love for fashion. There's folks that helped me so much that I haven't met yet.

That's the downfall of dating at my age. Most of the girls I find lack the income to do the things I want to do. :frown: Might need to join Match or E Harmony or something :lol:

I don't even want a big wedding, man. I don't even have that many folks to invite. I've only been to one wedding and it was my cousin's. The groom's parents copped them a house, and my aunt copped them two whips.

I didn't have the jacket on, but this was a Hugo Boss "slim". This thing was tailored twice by their inhouse tailor in Beverly Hills :lol: He refused to make it slimmer despite me bringing GQ mags for visual.

A picture of their second ceremony (for friends and non close family members). I thought it was OD they had a sword to cut the big cakes and all.

You don't get a saying until you get lux sneakers, man.
I'm 28 now and my physique has maintained...knock on wood. I only eat bad 2-3 times a week though and hit the gym 5-6 times a week. It's a great stress reliever for me.

I don't even know where I want to settle down yet. The doc, a few other regulars and I were talking. $500k doesn't get much in SoCal...it's a middle class area at best. I've been looking at Atlanta, and Houston, among other places. I'm not sure if I can do the snow so that leaves a lot of places out. I was mad scared traveling to the midwest in the dead winter. Had to Youtube "how to drive in the snow" real quick, real real quick.

It's been a while since I put some thoughts into a blog post. I think this applies to everyone. Most recent with Adrian going from dressing like a newspaper boy in the 70s to wearing Balenciaga sneakers :lol:

I feel you on what you're saying. I know $500K in NYC buys you next to nothing in terms of a home. Go upstate by an hour and you can buy a beautiful colonial home for $350-400K. Travelling is one of the few things I really enjoy and my wife and I make it a point to go somewhere great once a year. This past year we did Spain, France and Monte Carlo in December and St. Lucia a few weeks back. We're setting our eyes on Italy for our 5 year anniversary next year.

Speaking of traveling/trips where you guys have plans or want to go? I started throwing ideas out at my girl a month ago and then she told me she couldn't really go anywhere outside the US since she's not a US citizen. Was pretty disappointing because I wanted to go south in the winter to a beach resort somewhere outside the US. I'm thinking of going out to Cali or somewhere on the west coast now instead. Haven't been to Cali since I was 3. Considering Vegas for my 25th bday. Might do Australia this spring/summer even though it will be colder weather over there at that time.

I've been back and forth from NYC and DC a lot of weekends lately.

I want to go to a tropical place with a nice resort I can stay at but that's pretty organic besides that. Like a non-crowded beach and not close to any major roads/shopping. Wanna feel isolated in a place mostly untouched by tourism/consumerism if you know what I mean. But still has to have some amenities so it's comfortable and there's activities to do besides beach, local places to eat, etc...

Suggestions on something like that?

Speaking of traveling/trips where you guys have plans or want to go? I started throwing ideas out at my girl a month ago and then she told me she couldn't really go anywhere outside the US since she's not a US citizen. Was pretty disappointing because I wanted to go south in the winter to a beach resort somewhere outside the US. I'm thinking of going out to Cali or somewhere on the west coast now instead. Haven't been to Cali since I was 3. Considering Vegas for my 25th bday. Might do Australia this spring/summer even though it will be colder weather over there at that time.

I've done my dream trip already, which was going to Spain and visiting Madrid and Barcelona. However, I do want to go back and visit again.

Places on the list:
-Bahamas or Caribbean Cruise for December
-Italy: Milan, Florence, Venice
-London (Liverpool; I'm a huge Beatles fan)
-Punta Cana, D.R.

You really have to go outside of the us to get the most for your money. Virgin Islands are a little more remote and less busy than PR and your girl should have no issues since it's a us territory.

I want to go to a tropical place with a nice resort I can stay at but that's pretty organic besides that. Like a non-crowded beach and not close to any major roads/shopping. Wanna feel isolated in a place mostly untouched by tourism/consumerism if you know what I mean. But still has to have some amenities so it's comfortable and there's activities to do besides beach, local places to eat, etc...

Suggestions on something like that?

St. Lucia is my suggestion. It's hard to find any place that is how you describe isn't touched by tourism/consumerism since most of these tropical places depend on tourism as their main economic product. St. Lucia is the closest thing I've been to what you're describing though.

My girl and I are planning a trip for September. Either Mexico or the Bahamas. We tend to alternate the types of vacations we take. We will do a relaxing tropical type of vacation one year, then a touristy, sightseeing type the next.

Trying to keep this trip pretty mellow since we are planning to visit my family for Christmas this year.

Last edited:
Going on vacation soon and I'm looking for a nice cheap pair of navy suede oxfords to wear to clubs/bars. I figure navy would be a very versatile color, its dark (hides stains) and its also not bland/boring.

Example: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...tegory=m_sale&ProductID=2000065736&VariantID= (IGNORE THOSE TERRIBLE SKINNY JEANS :lol:) *I really like the navy and the sole combination

I also like these: http://www.hm.com/us/product/12637?article=12637-B and these http://www.hm.com/us/product/23356?article=23356-C (even though they're not navy)

Any recommendations? :nerd:

Get your girl to marry you so you can make her a citizen. Charge her $40k (I think that's the ongoing rate)

As Adrian would say, flourish.

Good looks guys. Gonna look into st Lucia and Virgin Islands.

No problem.

My girl and I are planning a trip for September. Either Mexico or the Bahamas. We tend to alternate the types of vacations we take. We will do a relaxing tropical type of vacation one year, then a touristy, sightseeing type the next.

Trying to keep this trip pretty mellow since we are planning to visit my family for Christmas this year.

What part of Mexico are you thinking about?

Get your girl to marry you so you can make her a citizen. Charge her $40k (I think that's the ongoing rate)

As Adrian would say, flourish.

:rofl: she has a green card but an Uzbek passport so her travel is limited to Russia basically, not trying to go there lol. Finishing up undergrad now n plans to stay in US. Im sure shell get full citizenship soon. She's been here since she was 8 because her mom works for the UN and got assigned to NYC. Her mom sounds like a boss I haven't met her fam yet though. They won't take me seriously apparently until we've been dating for some time. And technically to them, I'm a suitor for marriage, not a boyfriend. It's interesting dealing with the cultural differences because she's very Americanized but her parents still have a lot of traditional Uzbek/Muslim ideals they abide by. They don't really practice the religion and are pretty progressive but they still hang on to a lot of tradition.

Back
Top Bottom