Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Good looks guys. Gonna look into st Lucia and Virgin Islands.

No problem.

My girl and I are planning a trip for September. Either Mexico or the Bahamas. We tend to alternate the types of vacations we take. We will do a relaxing tropical type of vacation one year, then a touristy, sightseeing type the next.

Trying to keep this trip pretty mellow since we are planning to visit my family for Christmas this year.

What part of Mexico are you thinking about?
Right now were looking at cancun. It's off peak so it's pretty damn cheap to go and it should be relatively quiet

Right now were looking at cancun. It's off peak so it's pretty damn cheap to go and it should be relatively quiet

Look into staying in Playa del Carmen. It's about 10-15 minutes from the tourist part of Cancun which is a quick hotel shuttle ride from Playa del Carmen. PDC is also very quiet and serene.

Look into staying in Playa del Carmen. It's about 10-15 minutes from the tourist part of Cancun which is a quick hotel shuttle ride from Playa del Carmen. PDC is also very quiet and serene.

Going on vacation soon and I'm looking for a nice cheap pair of navy suede oxfords to wear to clubs/bars. I figure navy would be a very versatile color, its dark (hides stains) and its also not bland/boring.

Example: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...tegory=m_sale&ProductID=2000065736&VariantID= (IGNORE THOSE TERRIBLE SKINNY JEANS :lol:) *I really like the navy and the sole combination

I also like these: http://www.hm.com/us/product/12637?article=12637-B and these http://www.hm.com/us/product/23356?article=23356-C (even though they're not navy)

Any recommendations? :nerd:

Recs?

Those wolverine 1000 miles are calling me from the nordstrom anniversary sale. Anyone have a pair, are they true to size or size down a half or 1 size?

The more money I make, the less I want to spend. Sometimes when I'm hungry and near home, I'll come back and eat my prep meals to save money
laugh.gif

I'm nearing 30 so I'm trying to save as aggressively as possible for a fat down on a crib, wedding (when I find the one), etc.

Plus my closet is seriously full at the moment. I was flipping through my wardrobe and I forgot I had some purple wool trousers among other things I copped 2 years ago. I need to start wearing the clothes more to get the money's worth. As much as I try to stay active I seriously doubt I'll be the same weight in 10 years due to metabolism slowing down and all. Another reason that made my push.

There are still lux things I have on the list: JLC Reverso, PAM 000, Rolex GMT 2 and a dope Goyard bag. However, I'm in no rush at the moment.
I couldn't agree more, I've cut down my spending on clothes tremendously over the past 3-4 years. The majority of my discretionary spend these days is on traveling. The girlfriend and I both have great jobs but have very little time to spend with each other due to work so we try to maximize our time going to new places. We both have a goal to travel to each continent by the time we're 30; Asia, Australia and Antarctica are left and we plan on tackling the first two next year. 

An IWC Portuguese is still on my list but I will wait until I'm in my 30's to make that purchase 

Last edited:
Those wolverine 1000 miles are calling me from the nordstrom anniversary sale. Anyone have a pair, are they true to size or size down a half or 1 size?
Half down is a safe bet. It'll be a bit loose but you can rock thicker socks in the winter time. You can size down one exactly but you gotta wear thinner socks all the times. Very comfy boots.

I bought it back 3 years ago. I think I wore mine 3 times :lol:

Is it because you're afraid to wear it or do you prefer to wear other watches in your rotation? (or both?)

Serious question..if I ever make a big investment jewelry purchase like that I would be afraid to wear it out to certain places I think.

Is it because you're afraid to wear it or do you prefer to wear other watches in your rotation? (or both?)

Serious question..if I ever make a big investment jewelry purchase like that I would be afraid to wear it out to certain places I think.
I just wear for special occasions. I sometimes work with blood borne pathogen and go do field work so I wear my cheapie Tag.

It's funny that you mentioned the latter part. This was brought up on SF before. Businessmen usually wear cheap watches while traveling to poorer parts of the world. One of the guys said he got robbed for his Rolex while walking to his hotel somewhere in South America.

Wis you know what to do when you want to get rid of it.
Lol. I keep all of my watches. I still have my Swatch my mom got me in middle school for making straight As.

Last edited:

i 2nd this... much quieter. nice beaches and restaurants. akumal bay is about 20 minutes away for some good snorkeling. you can take a ferry over to cozumel and make a day trip out of it as well.

Last edited:

i 2nd this... much quieter. nice beaches and restaurants. akumal bay is about 20 minutes away for some good snorkeling. you can take a ferry over to cozumel and make a day trip out of it as well.
I planned our last trip so my girl is taking the reigns on this one. I'll let her know though

How do you store it when you're not wearing it? And where did you purchase it from?

That long-sleeve henley is :smokin
You're talking to me? If so, it's in a winder box with dead batteries :lol: it's just a watch, man.

I got it from a dealer in the east coast to avoid tax. Recommended by RFX. It was the last one left in the color I wanted. I think I paid around $7k?

How do you store it when you're not wearing it? And where did you purchase it from?

That long-sleeve henley is :smokin
You're talking to me? If so, it's in a winder box with dead batteries :lol: it's just a watch, man.

I got it from a dealer in the east coast to avoid tax. Recommended by RFX. It was the last one left in the color I wanted. I think I paid around $7k?

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom