Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Are you guys fans of the photographer suits at Express? Looking to get a black suit..

If you can get them on deep discount they're not bad. I think Ksteezy and a few others on here have them and were satisfied. Personally I rather do a j crew ludlow at minimum

If you can get them on deep discount they're not bad. I think Ksteezy and a few others on here have them and were satisfied. Personally I rather do a j crew ludlow at minimum
Yeah. I wouldn't go lower than J. Crew. I wore express in undergrad when I was into the studded t shirts and all that stage. Quality was horrible.

Posted in denim thread but got the YePC in the mail this morning. Henley is deeply discounted J. Crew word to Wis
pimp.gif
the stacks dont look good at all imo.

The Kanye X APC jean would look like a lot of other slim fitting stonewashed joints. They're just cut to how he rocks his jeans, with mad stacks and aggressive tapered hem. I don't think the leg opening is more than 6.75".

On the lookout for a messenger bag that would fit some documents and a 13in Macbook Pro with charger.

Pricing would be around 100 and cheaper.

Any thoughts?

The Kanye X APC jean would look like a lot of other slim fitting stonewashed joints. They're just cut to how he rocks his jeans, with mad stacks and aggressive tapered hem. I don't think the leg opening is more than 6.75".

Those pants dont seem to have a taper. They seem tight in the thigh and flare from the knee to the hem. The stacking seems to go from the hem all the way to the knee. They seem to fit like True Religions. They are the specifically specs of Kanye and not all body types will pull them of. Most don't know but Kayne is a skinny-fat dude. Looks skinny but is fat underneath his clothing. He carries his weight in his belly, butt and thighs. Last I saw him he damn near needed a training bra.

Last edited:
Those pants dont seem to have a taper. They seem tight in the thigh and flare from the knee to the hem. The stacking seems to go from the hem all the way to the knee. They seem to fit like True Religions. They are the specifically specs of Kanye and not all body types will pull them of. Most don't know but Kayne is a skinny-fat dude. Looks skinny but is fat underneath his clothing. He carries his weight in his belly, butt and thighs. Last I saw him he damn near needed a training bra.

Yeah, Ye's body is weird, and he's short too.

You comparing those jeans to TR though? :lol:

On the lookout for a messenger bag that would fit some documents and a 13in Macbook Pro with charger.

Pricing would be around 100 and cheaper.

Any thoughts?
Probably on sale Ben Sherman joints at Rack. Maybe Jack Spade if you get lucky.

kanye is looking fat these days. Wearing a lot of baggy shirts and sweaters, hoodies. I know that drapey stuff is in style now too but his stuff just looks baggy. That's how I dress when I gain weight and my slim stuff doesn't fit.

Yeah, Ye's body is weird, and he's short too.

You comparing those jeans to TR though? :lol:

Fit wise they seem to fit like a pair of TR Ricky's (straight). Your picture looks to be Joey's (Flared).

They aren't tapered or flared from the knee down. They are straight. In my fit pic they look like they flare slightly because I have bigger calves so the denim is hugging them and then it stops and they look a little wider at the bottom because of the crazy length and stacking.

In the pics of Ye's models you can see the same thing. You can see where they hug his calves and these would look flared at the bottom too except he has the jeans tucked in his boots:

If you are tall with skinny legs then they'll look like this model:

If you are fat or have really muscular legs I don't know how you would fit into these comfortably.

Idk the whole collection just seems goofy to me...the $100 white-t returns 
laugh.gif
, the majority of the line resembles thrift store finds (classic americana) meshed with todays slim fit/accessorizing.

The denim shirts/camo-t resemble vintage pieces that one would find in a thrift store quite commonly. But why go out and search for something similar at your local thrift store, when you should pay for it at a 200% markup by your friends kanye west and the good folks at apc. I see nothing original in this collection.

^Youre right. He went through military archives to find inspiration and then did his own take on those classic pieces and tailored the fit. It's nothing special or original. Just quality pieces with a nice fit. The prices aren't really marked up at all.

Couple other pieces I'm debating on ordering but I really wanted the jeans and am happy with them. Fit is great and they are really light and comfortable.

Last edited:
Idk the whole collection just seems goofy to me...the $100 white-t returns :lol: , the majority of the line resembles thrift store finds (classic americana) meshed with todays slim fit/accessorizing.

The denim shirts/camo-t resemble vintage pieces that one would find in a thrift store quite commonly. But why go out and search for something similar at your local thrift store, when you should pay for it at a 200% markup by your friends kanye west and the good folks at apc. I see nothing original in this collection.
It's high fashion stuff, man. It's not meant for everyone. With these kind of stuff, you're paying for the designs. If you want the best bang ratio for quality to price, you need to look at home grown brands like Epaulet and Kent Wang.

The same can be said for a lot of brands. One of the more talked about concepts is the Yohji appeal. His stuff is pretty expensive, and some folks say that you end up looking like one of those old dudes at the mall in baggy suits on a Sunday morning :lol:

This is probably the cheapest it gets, and this is the Y line: http://www.yoox.com/us/41318453wr/item?dept=men#cod10=41318453WR&sizeId=4

kanye is looking fat these days. Wearing a lot of baggy shirts and sweaters, hoodies. I know that drapey stuff is in style now too but his stuff just looks baggy. That's how I dress when I gain weight and my slim stuff doesn't fit.
If you rock the drapey stuff in delicate fabrics ie thin cotton or silk, you really need to be in shape or else it will hug your curves. I bought a Silent shirt before and man, it showed the silhouette of the belt loops and all when you shift your movement.

I messed with Ye hardcore in my freshman year in undergrad. That was right around when he signed with Roc and was about to release the first album. He's come quite a long way from the baggy look :lol:

How do you justify the $100 white t, or the $115 camo t? Apc has marked up their prices considerably over the years. I remember around 07-08' they were selling their denim around 145 or less, when I bought my pair of new cures. Now the same pair will run you about $200 shipped. Maybe thats fine to some and I still enjoy the brand, however I feel like they've overpriced their items significantly over the last some odd years

It's high fashion stuff, man. It's not meant for everyone. With these kind of stuff, you're paying for the designs. If you want the best bang ratio for quality to price, you need to look at home grown brands like Epaulet and Kent Wang.

The same can be said for a lot of brands. One of the more talked about concepts is the Yohji appeal. His stuff is pretty expensive, and some folks say that you end up looking like one of those old dudes at the mall in baggy suits on a Sunday morning
laugh.gif

Idk I just don't see anything significant or innovative about the designs of a stonewashed all denim jacket or a camo t that justifies their super high price tags. I know how you have high fashion niche brands like commes des garcons or desquared2 or julius that have quite unique trends that cater a fanbase.

But I feel like this line has no distinction in their clothing similar to them, but rather mimics classic americana and simply brings it to a forefront with modern fitting or whatnot to cater to how clothes are fit now. I feel like the quality of these items are great, however I think apc is just robbing people blind with their markups. But people seem to not care, and thats how business works, you can't blame them. 

How do you justify the $100 white t, or the $115 camo t? Apc has marked up their prices considerably over the years. I remember around 07-08' they were selling their denim around 145 or less, when I bought my pair of new cures. Now the same pair will run you about $200 shipped. Maybe thats fine to some and I still enjoy the brand, however I feel like they've overpriced their items significantly over the last some odd years
The cut. Aside from Zanerobe, I'm not sure who makes elongated t shirts for under $100. This is not to be confused with just buying bigger size shirts like the tall tee days.

It satisfies a niche. Jil Sander and Lanvin has t shirts that go up to a grand I think. Prices are in line with the other brands I see at Barneys.

I wouldn't cop though personally.

I wouldn't either, especially when I could get a similar quality shirt from AA and just conture it myself to resemble the way the kanye one fits. Don't have $100 to toss up like that, that's my phone bill right there 
laugh.gif

I just stock up on J. Crew's when I see them at $10 a pop :pimp:

Adhering to one boring aesthetic has been good to my pocket :lol:

I got love for the J. Crew light wash too. But the YePC is a nice change of pace. Posted pic like this in denim thread but you can see how different the cut really is from a normal pair of jeans here.

Last edited:
I got love for the J. Crew light wash too. But the YePC is a nice change of pace. Posted pic like this in denim thread but you can see how different the cut really is from a normal pair of jeans here.

YePC made specifically for Ye's body. Huge waist (meant to be worn below waist), with an aggressive taper with stacking. Definitely a weird piece of denim, only a select few can pull off.

Went to another J. Crew and they also had a healthy of $10-20 pants This is the time to stock up if you need to.

Man, I just peeped some old music vids from my high school days. When I first saw this vid, I thought the outfits with the leather and suede jackets were :pimp: back then because they were slim (compared to pro cut jerseys) :lol:

Went to another J. Crew and they also had a healthy of $10-20 pants This is the time to stock up if you need to.

This is actually clutch because I just found my student ID today after I thought I lost it for good. Gonna head to J Crew later today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom