Dressing Better Vol 2.0

there's never been elitist attitudes.

i think people began getting salty that regulars just interacted more (go figure right?).

this thread is about sharing and exchanging info. constructive criticism will always exist.
It's crazy how tight knit some of the members have become. I think there's been 3-5 weddings now where members were invited. Dudes even hang out on the regular too.

RE: The entry level moniker. It's just an indicator, just like entry level luxury cars or time pieces or cameras. If you are happy with AEs at the entry level point, by all means rock out...nothing wrong with that. I don't see myself ever getting into the high end joints so I'll stick to low and medium range.

Going to start my first internship in finance soon. Wanted to get some sort of bag/briefcase. I don't want something too formal, would rather get something like the filson original briefcase or the linen/leather SuitSupply briefcase. Anyone have any experience with SS bags? Any help is appreciated.

Going to start my first internship in finance soon. Wanted to get some sort of bag/briefcase. I don't want something too formal, would rather get something like the filson original briefcase or the linen/leather SuitSupply briefcase. Anyone have any experience with SS bags? Any help is appreciated.
Congrats on the internship.

I used a Filson briefcase starting out in finance as well. I've upgraded to a leather one, but it really doesn't matter as long as it's not gaudy.

54056_SP8122

I have this bag from J Crew but the strap is much too long, I need to swap it out.

If you're in NYC head to Macy's on 34th they've got an insane sale going on on floor 1 1/2. I just got a $650 Calvin Klein suit for $15.

If you're in NYC head to Macy's on 34th they've got an insane sale going on on floor 1 1/2. I just got a $650 Calvin Klein suit for $15.

How long is this sale going on? And how the hell was it only 15 bucks?

Today is the last day because they're clearing the floor out. They might still have it going on tomorrow but not sure. I'm not sure what happened to make that suit only $15, but it took everything in my power not to burst out laughing and smiling

Congrats man!! What area of finance? I just landed a Corp finance job at a hospital after doing private equity and sell side equity research internships.

During my first internship, I copped a jack spade bag with the first paycheck. I'd highly recommend it.

Congrats man!! What area of finance? I just landed a Corp finance job at a hospital after doing private equity and sell side equity research internships.

During my first internship, I copped a jack spade bag with the first paycheck. I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks man! I'm doing wealth management at Morgan Stanley. I'd like to get into IB or PE down the road but this is a decent opportunity to at least gain some knowledge and experience.

Which Jack spade model did you end up getting?

Thanks man! I'm doing wealth management at Morgan Stanley. I'd like to get into IB or PE down the road but this is a decent opportunity to at least gain some knowledge and experience.

Which Jack spade model did you end up getting?

That's awesome. I loved PE while I did it and wanted to go the IB route but I have a good friend in his 2nd year at UBS in M&A and he says he worked 4 months with 3 days off total. Just too crazy for me.

The bag I got was a canvas brief/messenger style bag. This is the closest thing I could find.http://m.jackspade.com/mason-leather-13-inch-brief/NYRU1633.html?cgid=bags&dwvar_NYRU1633_color=001

I would only cop something on sale though. Mine was a $350 bag I got for $130 or something. Check the clearance page.

Any suggestions for a good everyday work shirt? I need a couple new shirts. I usually wear Banana Republic or Kenneth Cole but I was thinking maybe I should check out some new brands.

Any suggestions for a good everyday work shirt? I need a couple new shirts. I usually wear Banana Republic or Kenneth Cole but I was thinking maybe I should check out some new brands.
Sig check if you ready for that custom (inexpensive options) life

Copped these from jaybutler.com. No exaggeration, the leather feels almost exactly the same as the cardboard box it came in lol.....:smh:

But they aren't uncomfortable and they look decent so I'll throw some polish on them and keep them.

Copped these from jaybutler.com. No exaggeration, the leather feels almost exactly the same as the cardboard box it came in lol.....
mean.gif

But they aren't uncomfortable and they look decent so I'll throw some polish on them and keep them.
So they have bad leather and aren't comfortable? why are you keeping them? 
laugh.gif

bought some nf stacked guys but they fit a little big. any places in la/oc aside from nordys where i could possibly exchange in store?

Back
Top Bottom