Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I wore my LunarGrands to school and the female compliments were abundant :smokin

Will be be getting more.

Last edited:
Any of you college kids graduating this semester? I know Adrian is....well I think he is.
Yep May 17th :pimp:
(terrifying..)

:lol: What's next for you man?

Sidenote: Fuuuuu finals :smh:
Grad school come fall. Had an interview for a full time accounting position that I am expecting to hear back from in July. If that goes well, then I will be working there full-time during my grad year. If not, I have an internship informally lined up. If for some reason that falls through, I have a "resume-building" full time job set up as well. Hopefully one of these options bear fruit :lol:

While we're on the topic... I've been thinking of changing my major from Business Administration (Focus in management) to Marketing. My minor is information tech. I just feel like I could do a lot more with a marketing degree.

Thoughts?

While we're on the topic... I've been thinking of changing my major from Business Administration (Focus in management) to Marketing. My minor is information tech. I just feel like I could do a lot more with a marketing degree.

Thoughts?

Honestly man, from my experience (graduated last May) you need to network ASAP. I majored in Communications with a minor in Business Administration but unless you have a solid network that you can tap into, good luck trying to find a job. Of course, take this with a grain of salt but I remember last summer while job hunting (which I did very late btw, don't do that lol) I had friends with bachelor's degrees from good universities and unless they had a few internships under their belt or graduated with honors/from a prestigious university, they were in the same boat as me. Also depends on what you want to do I guess.

I'm currently in a business analyst role that is heavy in marketing but I wouldn't have found out about this opportunity if I didn't attend a friend's grad party and talk to a parent who knew someone I work with now :smokin

Also, a piece of advice I heard (after graduating, of course) is: minor in something that you genuinely like, but major in something that actually makes money :lol:

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Im graduating as a double major in Business marketing & Business Informatics in about 2 weeks. Marketing is really broad so it does give you the ability to work in a vast amount of industries. From my experience, most of the beginning classes were easy. Just learning marketing concepts and such. The upper classes when you start to apply to actual situations or working with real businesses can be difficult at times, especially when using marketing research but it can be beneficial if thats what your're interested in. One thing I would advise any college student, is to try hard to get internships and be a part of some type of group or org on campus. Helps a ton with experience and networking. If you can get some hands on exp related to marketing, that would be great for you.

Thoughts?

I know some people who majored in Marketing and they're getting paid VERY little. I'm almost surprised that it's legal to pay someone so little to do so much work.

Honestly, if you like the sciences, go be a physician assistant. 2 years and you're making 100K.

All the baseball jacket talk spurred me to wear this today

Thoughts?

Marketing is always the first to be downsized during bad times. I am in management and case study after I read stories about how marketing was cut. A lot of my core business classe teachers were in marketing and said how they had to leave and go teach because of the money.

All the baseball jacket talk spurred me to wear this today

where2cop jacket?

I got it from Urban Outfitter's online store for steep discount months ago. Brand is called Your Neighbors

Looks good man!

And just real quick i love this thread for the abundance of inspiration/ideas. I like dressing nice but I am not now...or ever really...going to be rich. And like Wis said i have other hobbies (soccer, my motorcycle) that i spend bigger bucks on. I like coming in here and seeing great looking fits that give me ideas. Then i will shop around at Target, Gap, J.Crew, Uniqlo to blend ideas of what i liked on others.

That uniqlo short sleeve floral button down is def on the list....but so are lunargrands....on sale :nerd:

edit: lucky how they fit compared to other brands?

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I know some people who majored in Marketing and they're getting paid VERY little. I'm almost surprised that it's legal to pay someone so little to do so much work.

Honestly, if you like the sciences, go be a physician assistant. 2 years and you're making 100K.
The medical / health science field is so different from the business world. I know people with business and accounting degrees who can't handle upper level sciences. The transition is tough for some. I've had both science and business majors. My business classes are like 10x easier than the health science classes I had to take. I'm graduating in a few weeks with a Business Management degree, if I can't find a solid job in 6-8 months i'm considering getting a degree in the science field. Maybe Medical Laboratory Technology.

Sup bros,

Any loafer/no show sock recommendations??

I know about Journey no-shows, but they are **** quality.

I also have been looking at Ninja Sox (6 pairs for $32 though...:x)

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Honestly man, from my experience (graduated last May) you need to network ASAP. I majored in Communications with a minor in Business Administration but unless you have a solid network that you can tap into, good luck trying to find a job. Of course, take this with a grain of salt but I remember last summer while job hunting (which I did very late btw, don't do that lol) I had friends with bachelor's degrees from good universities and unless they had a few internships under their belt or graduated with honors/from a prestigious university, they were in the same boat as me. Also depends on what you want to do I guess.

I'm currently in a business analyst role that is heavy in marketing but I wouldn't have found out about this opportunity if I didn't attend a friend's grad party and talk to a parent who knew someone I work with now :smokin

Also, a piece of advice I heard (after graduating, of course) is: minor in something that you genuinely like, but major in something that actually makes money :lol:

That bolded part is so true man. I'm finishing up in engineering but I wanted to double major in French just b/c I've been taking it since 4th grade and I got a couple semesters of easier courses to not make me go crazy (ended up just taking way more than the required courses to get a minor) :lol:...networking is also sooooooo important, cannot emphasize this enough but I've definitely experienced the benefits of it firsthand. I always went to job fairs, and conventions for nsbe and stuff even if I wasn't looking for an internship just because you never know who you'll run into or who knows who

That bolded part is so true man. I'm finishing up in engineering but I wanted to double major in French just b/c I've been taking it since 4th grade and I got a couple semesters of easier courses to not make me go crazy (ended up just taking way more than the required courses to get a minor) :lol:...networking is also sooooooo important, cannot emphasize this enough but I've definitely experienced the benefits of it firsthand. I always went to job fairs, and conventions for nsbe and stuff even if I wasn't looking for an internship just because you never know who you'll run into or who knows who

What type of engineering if you don't mind me asking?

What type of engineering if you don't mind me asking?

Np, I'm doing bioengineering

Sup bros,

Any loafer/no show sock recommendations??

I know about Journey no-shows, but they are **** quality.

I also have been looking at Ninja Sox (6 pairs for $32 though...:x)
I just use the ones from BR. I stock up when they have a decent sale. Right now would be a good time with the buy one full price and get 25% off, two items and 35% off, and 3+ and 45% off. Once the elastic wears off, I trash them.

I just use the ones from BR. I stock up when they have a decent sale. Right now would be a good time with the buy one full price and get 25% off, two items and 35% off, and 3+ and 45% off. Once the elastic wears off, I trash them.

Thanks!

Though I fear that this "ONE SIZE fits all" sizing isn't right for me. I have small feet =(

Might end up trying Ninja Sox, I found a 30% coupon code.

Thank you to everyone for giving me advice. Seriously, you guys are awesome and I really appreciate it.

I ran out of reps trying tor rep everyone, I'll try again later. :D

I believe that BR sale already expired.

Back
Top Bottom