Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How often to suitsupply do their clearance sale?
Copped two shirts this go around and I'm hooked

How often to suitsupply do their clearance sale?
Copped two shirts this go around and I'm hooked

First one was in 2013, second one was late 2015 I believe and this one just popped up not too long ago. So in short, somewhat sporadic. Two year gap between the first two but about a 7-8 month ago between the second and third.

Keep an eye out on eBay and Grailed right now as well, even SF Marketplace. A lot of people who are listing stuff that didn't fit. I lucked out and found 4 of their shirts on eBay, brand new without tags (2 from their Red Line Thomas Mason Retail $149), and another Egyptian Cotton, from a seller, got all 4 for about $100 shipped.

First sale I purchased a gray wide-stripe suit, last year I purchased the burgundy flannel (one of my favorite suits) and this time, I purchased three shirts.

Last edited:

I want to show the NT fam the latest and greatest first!
Check our webstore www.cordiallymade.com

Thanks yall! Little sales go a long way for helping pay medical bills for my wife. Thanks!

The HUGE Polo logo on the USA Olympics opening ceremony outfits is so damn tacky and disgusting :smh: :x Can't stand that damn brand because of them having to put their damn logo on EVERYTHING

I agree man I don't even bother with Polo anymore

Picked up some Oxford tan wingtips from Cole Haan's sale a couple days back for next to nothing. They should be coming in today.

Anyone have a recommendation for a nice oxford tan belt?

Can anyone recommend me a slim fit MA-1 jacket? Still haven't found one that I am happy with. I've gone through Alpha, Falcon Garments, and the common brands (uniqlo,asos,topman,etc). Maybe I'm too picky but either the fit wasn't slim and/or the quality was lacking. The quality on the Falcon Garments was especially disappointing. It is pretty much the same as the one from Uniqlo
mean.gif

Last edited:

Can anyone recommend me a slim fit MA-1 jacket? Still haven't found one that I am happy with. I've gone through Alpha, Falcon Garments, and the common brands (uniqlo,asos,topman,etc). Maybe I'm too picky but either the fit wasn't slim and/or the quality was lacking. The quality on the Falcon Garments was especially disappointing. It is pretty much the same as the one from Uniqlo
mean.gif

Did you try Alpha's slim model? I have it myself and like the look much better than the standard/puffier version.

mean.gif

I have one from Zara that's pretty slim. The quality obviously isn't the highest, but it gets the job done considering I don't wear it a ton.

Can anyone recommend me a slim fit MA-1 jacket? Still haven't found one that I am happy with. I've gone through Alpha, Falcon Garments, and the common brands (uniqlo,asos,topman,etc). Maybe I'm too picky but either the fit wasn't slim and/or the quality was lacking. The quality on the Falcon Garments was especially disappointing. It is pretty much the same as the one from Uniqlo :smh:  

Take a look at Schott. They fit pretty slim overall.

LA Heads - what stores would you recommend hitting to get some good casual cotton button ups, ideally made in America, and stuff that you're not going to find on every tom **** and harry across the country? 

Dressing Better Fam, please help me out. Where can I pick up a nice suit for a good price in NYC (gonna use it for interviews). I don't know anything about suits, I told a friend of mine this and he recommended me "Garage Clothing", but they had mixed reviews on yelp.

Last edited:
Dressing Better Fam, please help me out. Where can I pick up a nice suit for a good price in NYC (gonna use it for interviews). I don't know anything about suits, I told a friend of mine this and he recommended me "Garage Clothing", but they had mixed reviews on yelp.
Suitsupply on Madison Ave or SoHo location

Try the Napoli suit

Last edited:
Another vote for suit supply

What plain tees y'all rocking with?

I'd prefer something of quality & price isn't an issue.

Love everything about JE's cuts minus the length... I don't rock with the extended look.

Any recommendations?

Love everything about JE's cuts minus the length... I don't rock with the extended look.

Any recommendations?

I was a Uniqlo supporter for years.

Then yall put me onto Grana tees.

Any recommendations?
JE's tees really aren't that long unless you're just a shorty.

Does anyone have suggestions or feedback on Allen Edmond or Alden tassel shoes? I copped a pair of Allen Edmonds walnuts since Alden tend to have darker colors. But given its my big wedding day, I should go for higher quality in Alden?

Any recommendations?

I was a Uniqlo supporter for years.

Then yall put me onto Grana tees.
Good looking, gonna give them a go but what's up w/ no heather grey or something similar?

CW is a staple of plain tees.

JE's tees really aren't that long unless you're just a shorty.
5'7.

I'll probably order some to give them a shot since they offer free returns anyways but I'm pretty picky when it comes to the fit of my clothing.

Back
Top Bottom